Star Tribune: Gophers football players plan to threaten boycott of bowl game

Anyone that admitted to having sex with the girl that night should be expelled from the University unless there is evidence of:

1.) The girl expressing the desire to have sex with multiple partners the same night when not under the influence of alcohol

2.) That the girl was not drunk (subjective) on the night of the incident - then this is a simple rape (police did not see it as such as IT WASN'T) or a case of regret - which should not be a crime as I am sure all of the guys involved regret it at this point and they are not charging the girl.

3.) That the girl performed oral sex on any of the people involved over the course of the incident. Sorry, this should be construed as a sign of consent and you can no longer pin this 100% on the males at this point

Barring that, anyone engaging in group sex with a girl that is drunk is too stupid to represent the University and should be expelled. This is not a 'boys will be boys' incident as EVERYONE has been educated on this point that ignorance should not be a defense and EVERYONE can clearly see this is a situation that has danger written all over it.

As for the 'harassment' or anyone at the apartment but not taking part in sex - sorry, that should be a barely slap on the wrist and the prior suspensions should already cover it.

Best post of the day.

This story is also trending on my Facebook now -.-

KSTP reported that Shenault, Winfield and Green had no contact with this woman. Joe Schmidt just said that two of the players were not even in the same building. And yet their names are now being drug through the mud.

Antoine Winfield stated that if Kaler and Coyle keep their jobs over this, his son will no longer attend the UOM.

How is a 10 person rape even possible?

I am serious. The claim is just too absurd.

How a 10 person rape even be possible?

She's claiming 12+. 6 of the 10 were supposedly never in the room. That leaves 4 confirmed. Who are these other 8+ mystery men? Other, unnamed, players? Regular students? Why aren't any of these individuals named/accused?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

How is a 10 person rape even possible?

I don't think anyone claims that they were pig roasting her (see my oral sex argument from above if this was the case). I think the claim is that multiple guys had sex with her in quick succession. If the girl is blacking out during this time from the alcohol, she probably does not know for certain who took part and who did not - and probably implicated people that were not present which is why the police could not make a case - the lawyer would use her prior, provable false police statement against her to impugn her entire claim. So, the prosecutor can believe that a crime occurred - but not feel confident in her ability to point to the right attacker without their own admission to the fact.

With everything going down as it has - I am thinking the girl was drunk (to some degree) and agreed tacitly to sex with at least one of the guys. After that, she cannot point out who had sex with her and who did not in a reliable manner.

On the point of poor judgement - when did this girl think it was a good idea to get drunk with a room full of guys without a seeming friend (male or female) to be found? I don't think she is arguing she was drunk the whole day - so at some point - she went to the apartment full of guys alone knowing how that could be interpreted. I doubt she would have ever done that in the absence of prior contact with a few of the guys which - again - could be construed as prior consent.

So, I think it is not too surprising that the police could not make a case. That said - the University has an entirely different standard. No different than Bill Cosby losing endorsements over the rape allegations - they have tarnished a brand and are now paying the price. I stand by my 3 rule exception from above - barring that - not pity from me.

Lastly, I don't blame this on the football program or coaching in any way shape or form. You do not need your football coach to sit you down and explain why you should not run a 10 man train on a drunk girl without a signed consent form. These kids (the ones that did have sex) are too stupid to represent the University.

Antoine Winfield stated that if Kaler and Coyle keep their jobs over this, his son will no longer attend the UOM.

He should keep his mouth shut. Kaler and Coyle will not lose their jobs over this which puts his son in a difficult position. Not to say that I disagree with him that this is appropriate - but his son should be the one stating this if that is what he truly believes.

We might as well close up shop and make football a club sport if there is a mass defection over this action as we will never recruit again. Coaches will be too fearful to ever take a risk on a character issue guy and the people with other options will likely choose not to attend here. Further, I could see this easily spreading to men BB as well in solidarity.

For those defending supposed alleged victim, From another players confirmed account and players testimony, there was an unsupervised underage 17 year old recruit involved in said incident on 09/02/16 with physical contact. How come the EEOA isn't going after that aspect of this incident.

This is going to come back on the Football staff and recruiting staff, not just the AD and the suspending administration. I wonder how far down the rabbit hole the University of Minnesota, the Athletic administration and all of these entity's really want this to go?

I suggest expedited hearings for individuals that were not in the building at least the three that Joe Schmidt reported on KSTP on. This goes a lot deeper than, just players involved or other people out partying at the bars, what about the parties that provided alcohol to underage students? No accountability their either. President Kaler has no moral high ground in the letters he sent out, not with the stain of the Norwood Teague scandal on his hands.

I guess the U might want to consider quitting football(not serious but they are really tanking any chance of competitiveness and recruiting), good luck selling tickets, good luck attracting recruits and good luck at ever being competitive again. You start the hornets nest you better have a plan to clean it up. President Kaler isn't above it all like he is acting.

Could this be the death-blow to the football team like SMU? I just wish it would go away and get resolved...

Top Bottom