***OFFICIAL GOPHERS AT PURDUE IN GAME THREAD!!***

I believe you said you are over the top positive and I found a post from 5 minutes ago where you were negative negative negative. I believe you lied. You should agree, I was right.
Spoofin Wins!

You're right. I love my Gophers. I just really want to see us take the next step.

Kill just gave credit to Moore, said he played well. I don't think his comments at halftime were meant to "throw him under the bus" as someone else posted.

Yeah probably not ready to be a star, but when you look at relatively? How far is he mentally behind Leidner? I just think they're pretty close.

Kill will play Leidner going forward, I have no doubt. But I think we'd have very similar results with Croft. Leidner has more experiance, but Croft throws a nicer ball and runs better. Balances out pretty well IMO.

I don't understand why it's all or nothing. I've never expected them to bench Leidner never to be seen again. But why can't Croft get 2-3 series in the 1st half and then ride with what's working?

It's kinda funny that there is so few posts/thread after a convincing win. If we played bad, there would be 10 new threads already.

That is how Ohio and Kent State should have gone. Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!

Great second half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was very pleased with our play from the second quarter on... Second quarter was shaky, at points, but good enough.

That is how Ohio and Kent State should have gone. Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!

Great second half.

Kent State.....absolutely. Ohio....not sure about a stomping. I actually think that they might be better than Colorado State.

Looks like Iowa is the team to beat at this stage. Nice win today! The O line play, Brooks being beastly and the defense (especially Myrick) was outstanding.

Still don't get it... if Kill wants Leidner to be the guy, why is he playing Croft? It's a waste to only play him in mop-up time. If he is concerned about his backup QB getting reps, then he should have done it at some point in the first four games.

Get our secondary healthy and with Myrick as the nickel that will be the big ten's best. A little pass rush and run blocking and we might be right there in the west.

Still don't get it... if Kill wants Leidner to be the guy, why is he playing Croft? It's a waste to only play him in mop-up time. If he is concerned about his backup QB getting reps, then he should have done it at some point in the first four games.

All 4 games were close. There wasn't a good time to play him like there have been the past two weeks.

The first four games were all close.....so if Kill thinks that Leidner is still the best option at this point....why would he put the game in the hands of Croft? Furthermore.....Kill burned Croft's redshirt just last week because of how inept the offense was playing. Now that his redshirt was burned.....why not get him a little bit of experience? It's not as though Purdue put in their second or third team defense.

I think the difference is the first four games were close to the end. My guess is Croft is now the clear cut #2 guy so they want him to get experience just in case.

I'm torn about it, would hate to see our backup get his first action late in a close game. But at the same time would think an extra year would help him.

Still, a series or two in the second quarter of Ohio or Kent St would have not have hurt anything, especially with the way the offense was struggling against Kent St. At this point I'd love to see him get a couple of meaningful series with the starters. Hopefully this is in the future plans here.

Ever watch football?

Very impressive defensive performance today. They're not a bad squad offensively. Myrick and Murray were unbelievable. The defensive line did an excellent job. Not much to complain about, other than a couple dumb penalties.

The offense had a nice game, but I'm skeptical at best. This is the worst defense the team will see all year (yes, worse than Kent St. and Ohio), and its not close. Bowling Green put up 540 on them. If we didn't dominate with the running game today, they should hang it up for the year. Show some life against Nebraska, and I'll raise an eyebrow.

Great win for the kids, the coaching staff, and especially Mitch. It was needed desperately. I just hope it gets him going a little. He still looked really, really bad throwing the ball today. This team is still capable of winning the West if he can get a little momentum going. Next week is HUGE for Mitch.

Very impressive defensive performance today. They're not a bad squad offensively. Myrick and Murray were unbelievable. The defensive line did an excellent job. Not much to complain about, other than a couple dumb penalties.

The offense had a nice game, but I'm skeptical at best. This is the worst defense the team will see all year (yes, worse than Kent St. and Ohio), and its not close. Bowling Green put up 540 on them. If we didn't dominate with the running game today, they should hang it up for the year. Show some life against Nebraska, and I'll raise an eyebrow.

Great win for the kids, the coaching staff, and especially Mitch. It was needed desperately. I just hope it gets him going a little. He still looked really, really bad throwing the ball today. This team is still capable of winning the West if he can get a little momentum going. Next week is HUGE for Mitch.

Myrick and Murray are outstanding. I think Jalen Myrick is working his way up to "possible draft picks" among our DB's. Of course he has one more year lucky for us fans. It's amazing he's our #3 CB if BBC would be playing. And yeah, Murray is Murray.

Still, a series or two in the second quarter of Ohio or Kent St would have not have hurt anything, especially with the way the offense was struggling against Kent St. At this point I'd love to see him get a couple of meaningful series with the starters. Hopefully this is in the future plans here.

Wouldn't hurt anything? Throw a pick 6 and we lose one of those games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myrick and Murray are outstanding. I think Jalen Myrick is working his way up to "possible draft picks" among our DB's. Of course he has one more year lucky for us fans. It's amazing he's our #3 CB if BBC would be playing. And yeah, Murray is Murray.

I agree on Myrick being on a path to be drafted. His speed will likely make that happen.

What does it take for some of you? Half way to three straight 8 win seasons. Mason did that once (not in a row). No other since Warmath...

Mason had 5 seasons with 5 or fewer losses. Including 4 in a row from 2002-2005

I'm not advocating anything here. Just want to point out that people vastly overrate the last two years of 8-5.

I'm not advocating anything here. Just want to point out that people vastly overrate the last two years of 8-5.

Good to know you're always there to **** in the punch bowl for us.

Well done, have a nice Sunday.

Yeah, but two of those years were 5 RSL. Kill has 2 straight with 4 RS losses each. Mason never did that.

The last (regular season) two years have been probably were the best two in a row in 40+ years, including who they've beaten. That's not overrating.

Yeah, but two of those years were 5 RSL. Kill has 2 straight with 4 RS losses each. Mason never did that.

The last (regular season) two years have been probably were the best two in a row in 40+ years, including who they've beaten. That's not overrating.
And two of those years they only played 12 games. So kill has that going for him too.

I'm just saying 8-5 isn't all that impressive.
In my opinion of the past 20 years of gopher football neither of the last two years are the best or second best season.

Top Bottom