***OFFICIAL GOPHERS AT PURDUE IN GAME THREAD!!***

First non nail biter in awhile... Good job team

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ok, call me picky, negative, a jerk, a downer, but here is another example of Kill making dumb decisions. He keeps playing certain guys who don't deserve to be on the field. Holland. He chokes. Gentry is the best receiver on team and rarely gets a chance even tho he is healed. And why start Smith when Brooks is clearly the best. Kill gets things in his head and won't budge. Constantly trying to send messages and plays his his teacher's pets. Finally started Moore and look what happens. Kill is great, but he is very slow. Not the brightest guy in town.
1. He's young, we're up 30+, better he work the kinks out now than in a close game.

2. Smith and Brooks were very even before this game, Brooks went off today and will likely start in the future. I guess you're upset Jerry can't see the future?

Some of that over the top positivity?

Yes. Purdue is terrible. Mitch is terrible. I'm looking past today - Mitch has never played well against a good team.

Tool

Say what you want, but realistically it's Mitch or no-one. Croft is a good year away...

You think? Croft looks like he throws a better ball and runs better at this point already.

Ok, call me picky, negative, a jerk, a downer, but here is another example of Kill making dumb decisions. He keeps playing certain guys who don't deserve to be on the field. Holland. He chokes. Gentry is the best receiver on team and rarely gets a chance even tho he is healed. And why start Smith when Brooks is clearly the best. Kill gets things in his head and won't budge. Constantly trying to send messages and plays his his teacher's pets. Finally started Moore and look what happens. Kill is great, but he is very slow. Not the brightest guy in town.

Holland is playing with the 2nd and 3rd stringers and you are criticizing that? Do you think they should just throe the towel in on him and let him sit on the bench the next 4 years?

And Brooks has started the last couple games.

What does it take for some of you? Half way to three straight 8 win seasons. Mason did that once (not in a row). No other since Warmath...

Halfway is generous given we need a 5-3 BIG record and are only at 1-1, but even if we grant that, Mr. Leidner, it has more to do with our defense and running game than anything else.

I'm enjoying the fact that I can watch the end of a game and not have my butt cheeks so clinched so tight I can't poop for a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You think? Croft looks like he throws a better ball and runs better at this point already.

Yes. Mentally he doesn't look quite ready. Double-pumping on that fade route was a good example. He doesn't look ready yet IMO, and that's perfectly fine.

Um, you said you didn't feel better about the team after today. Leidner I get, but there was a lot of good things to take from today's game, even if it was just Purdue.

I agree. As I shared with another poster who said it better than me, I didn't share that well. I feel better about a lot of things. Do I feel like we have enough of a threat throwing the ball, no. I hope we will be better and I will be at TCF cheering next week. And, for the record, no matter how frustrated I get with Mitch I have never, and won't, boo him at a game.

1. He's young, we're upmost 30+, better he work the kinks out now than in a close game.

2. Smith and Brooks were very even before this game, Brooks went off today and will likely start in the future. I guess you're upset Jerry can't see the future?

That's where we disagree. Brooks has shown far more specialness than Smith. Kill doesn't see it. Kill has biased eyes. Always has always will. He plays favoritism. That's his m.o.

If they're calling timeouts to stop the clock, we can throw deep on them. Do it Croft!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I agree. As I shared with another poster who said it better than me, I didn't share that well. I feel better about a lot of things. Do I feel like we have enough of a threat throwing the ball, no. I hope we will be better and I will be at TCF cheering next week. And, for the record, no matter how frustrated I get with Mitch I have never, and won't, boo him at a game.

Fair enough, I didn't see your other post.

Really? So he saves some worms lives. He also has hit a number of d-backs with balls they didn't catch.

Whatever... Tell me what you believe and I'll agree with you.

I believe you said you are over the top positive and I found a post from 5 minutes ago where you were negative negative negative. I believe you lied. You should agree, I was right.
Spoofin Wins!

Holland is playing with the 2nd and 3rd stringers and you are criticizing that? Do you think they should just throe the towel in on him and let him sit on the bench the next 4 years?

And Brooks has started the last couple games.

I'm saying holland is playing ahead of better players. That's all. And Brooks didn't start today. That's all I'm saying. It's picky, but it's part of Kills shortcoming. Very thrilled with the game.

Yes. Mentally he doesn't look quite ready. Double-pumping on that fade route was a good example. He doesn't look ready yet IMO, and that's perfectly fine.

Yeah probably not ready to be a star, but when you look at relatively? How far is he mentally behind Leidner? I just think they're pretty close.

Kill will play Leidner going forward, I have no doubt. But I think we'd have very similar results with Croft. Leidner has more experiance, but Croft throws a nicer ball and runs better. Balances out pretty well IMO.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm saying holland is playing ahead of better players. That's all. And Brooks didn't start today. That's all I'm saying. It's picky, but it's part of Kills shortcoming. Very thrilled with the game.

Brooks did start today. You're off base with this IMO. Kill has had glowing remarks about Brooks recently.

Minnesota 1st two offensive plays of the game were handoffs to Shannon Brooks.

Holland got into the game because we were slaughtering Purdue. As for Smith starting........who cares? Brooks had 17 carries to Smith's 13. The better running back is playing more snaps.....so why does it matter who gets the first carry?

Perra looks good handing it off! We found our QB!!

H
Yeah probably not ready to be a star, but when you look at relatively? How far is he mentally behind Leidner? I just think they're pretty close.

Kill will play Leidner going forward, I have no doubt. But I think we'd have very similar results with Croft. Leidner has more experiance, but Croft throws a nicer ball and runs better. Balances out pretty well IMO.

Just thinking you're under-valuing experience.

It doesn't. You're right. Just saying I don't trust Jerry's thinking process. Whatever. I'm just a critical and negative oriented guy. That's my make up.

Top Bottom