Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Here are some additional offers to Minnesota preps:

- BSM OL Eric Wilson (6'4 290) - New offers from Colorado State, Miami (OH), Western Michigan, and Ohio

- Former Eden Prairie RB Anthony Anderson (6'2 235) now at Iowa Western - Marshall

- Eden Prairie OL JJ Drew (6'6 290) - Miami (OH)

- Osseo OL Nash Jenson (6'5 320) - Wyoming

Definitely proving we are a state of big lineman again!

Does anyone hear if the coaching staff are looking to late signings of players that have fallen of other teams rosters?

DTs, WDEs, OLs? There has to a few teams, especially SEC that may have over signed. That is, unless they are over signing to gray shirt or to cut scholarships of certain players outright.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Doogie says that Benilde lineman Eric Wilson will visit the U this week.

Go Gophers!!

Minnesota apparently offered a defensive end from Wellman, Iowa named Levi Duwa.

That school is about 20 minutes from Iowa City and plays in Class 2A.

He has no other known offers at this point.

Minnesota apparently offered a defensive end from Wellman, Iowa named Levi Duwa.

That school is about 20 minutes from Iowa City and plays in Class 2A.

He has no other known offers at this point.

You must be scared he won't become a pig lover.

You must be scared he won't become a pig lover.

Yes, absolutely terrified that a 2* undersized DE will make or break the class.

This is shaping up to be the deepest year for talent in Iowa high school history. Already 16 players with FBS offers, before any camps or the spring evaluation period even starts.

Yes, absolutely terrified that a 2* undersized DE will make or break the class.

This is shaping up to be the deepest year for talent in Iowa high school history. Already 16 players with FBS offers, before any camps or the spring evaluation period even starts.

Well good for you. Whatever. You know there are many posters who are fans of other schools and don't need deceptive monikers to post something right?

Who will be our first commit?

I am pleased to announce my intention to commit to the University of Minnesota as soon as they offer me an athletic scholarship. I'm sure they can find a place for a short, fat, 40 year old halfback.

Come on, TC - I told my wife and kids I'm gonna be a Gopher. Make my dream come true!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Gophers football in early on legacy recruit Demetrius Douglas

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/04/gophers-football-in-early-on-legacy-recruit-demetrius-douglas/

“You have that personal connection, but at the end of the day, it’s about him,” Omar told the Pioneer Press. “What is the right fit for him? Where does he want to go?”

But Demetrius, a cornerback/wide receiver, grew up in Minnesota and was a freshman at Wayzata High School before his family moved west less than two years ago. Omar had a position at General Mills for seven years before accepting a new opportunity with Nike.

“It definitely still feels like home to me,” Demetrius said of Minnesota. “I still have family there. I still have friends there that I like to go back and visit.”

Gophers offer would be ‘incredible,’ for top state offensive lineman

Eric Wilson is considered one of the top five high school football players in Minnesota in the 2017 recruiting class. The 6-foot-4, 285-pound offensive lineman from Benilde-St. Margaret’s has about 15 scholarship offers from Division I programs. But there’s one offer he yearns for: the Gophers.

That could come Saturday when Wilson visits Minnesota’s spring practice at the Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex.

“That would be an incredible feeling, to say the least,” Wilson said. “There wouldn’t be words to describe it.”

In a three-hour meeting last week, Wilson said he and his father, Bruce, met with new offensive line coach Bart Miller and linebackers coach Mike Sherels, who recruits the state.

“We talked about potentially being a Gopher, and (they) said that all offers go through coach Tracy Claeys,” Wilson said. “I will be visiting this Saturday to watch practice and talk things over with all the coaches and see what their philosophies are. We’ll talk about Minnesota as a potential option for me.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/0...-incredible-this-top-state-offensive-lineman/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom