Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Kyle Goblirsch (MN Insider) predicts Blaise Andries to ND. Matt Humbert (TDG) pegs him to MN.

The first salvo of predictions for our most coveted instater.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

We must seriously like this guy if we offered him fifteen times.

I'll show myself out.

I'll show myself out.

Comma placement is very important.

"Let's eat Grandma!" or "Let's eat, Grandma!"

I'll show myself out.

LOL!!
maybe we sent out offers via USPS, UPS, FedEx, Speedee, bike messenger, email, fax, text, phone call, Facebook messager, tweet, and.....
I'm running out of means.....

LOL!!
maybe we sent out offers via USPS, UPS, FedEx, Speedee, bike messenger, email, fax, text, phone call, Facebook messager, tweet, and.....

Tinder? :D

LOL!!

Claeys showing up on his doorstep doing a singing telegram?

Punctuation saves lives.

Years ago, at age 25 and 9 months, during the Viet Nam War, I received an invitation from my local Minnesota draft board that I couldn’t refuse. I had the rare experience of sharing basic combat training with a company composed of draftees from Watts, Compton and South Gate in Los Angeles – places where street gangs prevailed -, who were part of what were known as McNamara’s 100,000. These were draftees that didn’t meet standard Army eligibility requirements, and included a number with felony arrest records. I became very popular when it was discovered that I had a law degree. We had a drill sergeant who thought the plural of person was “peoples”. I recall well doing bayonet drills in which our DI kept demanding that we shout out “the spirit of the bayonet.” I always responded, “To kill, Sergeant.” But I toyed with the idea of dropping the comma.

247 on it tonight!

Surprised this one hasn't gotten any attention. The kid had 14 offers now, and judging from his offer list it's a safe bet that academics won't be an issue.

And if it's mean you're looking for....http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4152402/highlights/280690412

He definitely likes his pancakes.
He has the size advantage against most of his competition and he takes advantage of it.

Even the refs seem surprised at him flopping guys fifteen yards downfield, but there is NO quit in this kid.

Surprised this one hasn't gotten any attention. The kid had 14 offers now, and judging from his offer list it's a safe bet that academics won't be an issue.

And if it's mean you're looking for....http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4152402/highlights/280690412

I don't get too excited about the O-lineman highlight videos, but this was a ton of fun to watch. Pancake after pancake. They have him pulling a lot - nice to see him get out in space and run a bit. Would love to see him in Maroon and Gold.

"Bull Dozer" Wilson!

tumblr_m0fet97Iv11rnrwsbo1_400.gif

15 Minnesota kids with D1 offers now, 4 have offers from the Gophers: http://www.mnfootballhub.com/page/show/2315977-2017-recruitment

Nico Bolden is the only one with a power 5 offer that doesn't have an offer from the Gophers (Washington State).

I'm really hoping Nico Bolden gets an offer soon. He is an interesting athlete and I think it's important to get in early on this kid before his recruitment blows up. He is a really good/versatile athlete. He reminds me a bit of James Onwualu (he is probably a better athlete).

He'll find a position. He could end up being a WR, TE, S, LB or even DE.

Would love to see the four with Minnesota offers to commit quickly.

per Greder:

When compared to crosstown rival East Ridge, Woodbury High School is often a secondary destination on the college football recruiting map.

That won’t be the case during the 2016 season.

Among hopefuls to receive scholarships in the 2017 class, Woodbury has six possible Division I prospects.

“I don’t mean that with any arrogance,” Woodbury coach Andy Hill said of his players. “We don’t normally have this many guys that are attracting this much attention.”

Woodbury’s stable include safety Nico Bolden, outside linebacker Kolade Amusan, tight end Nathan Bursch, receiver Jeremiah Coddon, fullback Jalen Morrison and defensive back Jake West.

“It’s real neat knowing that all of these other schools might have one lucky guy who makes it into college (football),” Bursch said.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/2...ll-make-well-worn-path-to-woodbury-this-year/

Go Gophers!!

per Greder:

When compared to crosstown rival East Ridge, Woodbury High School is often a secondary destination on the college football recruiting map.

That won’t be the case during the 2016 season.

Among hopefuls to receive scholarships in the 2017 class, Woodbury has six possible Division I prospects.

“I don’t mean that with any arrogance,” Woodbury coach Andy Hill said of his players. “We don’t normally have this many guys that are attracting this much attention.”

Woodbury’s stable include safety Nico Bolden, outside linebacker Kolade Amusan, tight end Nathan Bursch, receiver Jeremiah Coddon, fullback Jalen Morrison and defensive back Jake West.

“It’s real neat knowing that all of these other schools might have one lucky guy who makes it into college (football),” Bursch said.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/2...ll-make-well-worn-path-to-woodbury-this-year/

Go Gophers!!

Bolden picked up an offer from Syracuse yesterday.

Eric Abojei finally got his second offer yesterday; this one from Iowa State.

I'm really hoping Nico Bolden gets an offer soon. He is an interesting athlete and I think it's important to get in early on this kid before his recruitment blows up. He is a really good/versatile athlete. He reminds me a bit of James Onwualu (he is probably a better athlete).

He'll find a position. He could end up being a WR, TE, S, LB or even DE.

Bob,

Do you have any insight to add about the others mentioned in Bleed's post above from Woodbury (and the couple from East Ridge)?

The article is quite fawning, but then again it only cites insiders.

However, trying to read between the lines, one has to like the "room to grow aspect," with players that are likely to gain size and thus move into positions. I think the Gophers win with this scenario versus the big boys that just recruit the plug and play prospects.

I'm not sure why we haven't offered Bolden yet. I've watched him a few times and he's absolutely a P5 prospect.

Top Bottom