James Louis will be a Gopher

Mr. Louis, if you're reading this message board to see what we think of you, welcome to Minnesota, we're eager to come see you play.

I kinda wish some gophers fans would friend him and write on his wall too. It's not something I'm going to do, but maybe he reads gopherhole. If so Mr. Louis welcome to gopher nation, you're the best. Now call up Seantrel and tell him you wanna room together in Pioneer...

We'd love you have ya here in Minny James!! Hope Wednesday works out well and hope to see you catchin balls from Queis in the next couple years!

at the rate this thread is climbing I guess we were all hoping for some good news. I just hope it really works out.

at the rate this thread is climbing I guess we were all hoping for some good news. I just hope it really works out.

I'll be the hundreth to say this is awesome and i hope it really works out too.

I say leave the dude alone on facebook already

If he has an interest in switching to Minnesota then welcome him with open arms of course.

But, let's remember A. Don't get your hopes up, the crash will suck if you get to excited and then pift the balloon pop's. B: Not be like creepy Buckeye fans contacting him on facebook, wow they are a different breed down in Ohio. C. Hope he is indeed right about the big fella SH comming to Minnesota. D. Stay off the dude's facebook page, we don't know him so we should not be randomly posting on his page. I would be surprised this late in the game if he would switch but stranger things have happened. Nobody expected Michael Carter to switch to us last year and we got lucky. Best advice for Gopher fans is to leave the guy alone unlike Buckeye fans we do not need to be bugging him.

I think regardless of whether he signs or not gold04 should never post here again.

And the above poster is correct. Leave the guy alone. The glomming on just makes a bad impression.

On his facebook page the OSU supporters are begging him to reconsider. I can only imagine the pressure these guys feel heading into signing day.

Yes I think he will get a lot of pressure which could be his intention if he really wants to have his friend Kirkwood at the same University he plays for. OSU has two four star running backs that have indicated they will sign so they probably don't want to consider offering a scholarship to three star Kirkwood, but I believe Lewis is OSU's only four star receiver. Perhaps he has been pressuring OSU to offer a scholarship to his friend Kirkwood or he will head north to Minnesota with him. I hope this is not the case but if it is we will see how badly OSU wants to hold on to Lewis.

I agree that it doesn't get much creepier than posting on a recruits fb, but it would be nice to let him know he's made the right decision. I suppose we're discussing the line between fandom and creepy. We should be content just to cheer for him on Saturday's.

Okay, so I tried to see what the Ohio State folks had to say about this whole thing on the Buckeye scout site and they seem to think it's some kind of joke (at least the few who responded). I also noticed that a few wouldn't blame Henderson if he picks Minnesota and that they were fully engaged in a flame-fest with Miami fans regarding which program is dirtier. I know, I know, all of that stuff is off topic, but there is a link over there to a blog from Marcus Fuller which discusses this situation.

Long story short, I guess we'll all find out who is on the dotted line on Wednesday.

Tick-tock, tick-tock till Wednesday. C'mon Mr. Louis, you are welcome in Minnesota.

There's no way god likes me enough for this to be true. Still....fingers crossed, vodka bottle in hand until Wednesday...

Great news if it happens. Get to work Donnell.

King Louis

Outstanding news!

And let's make even bigger news happen James. Help reel in the big fish for us.

2 steals of this magnitude from tOSU would be a major accomplishment.

tOSU...is that anything like tofu?

Okay, so I am very excited to hear the news. But, Latwan Anderson did a similar thing about a month ago on his facebook page saying he would go to Miami-FL, and he now deciding between Ohio State and West Virginia. So, i am not going to believe this until he signs on the dotted line. But, Louis could know something none of us know, Seantrel has picked the Gophers. Can't wait til NSD.

Okay, so I am very excited to hear the news. But, Latwan Anderson did a similar thing about a month ago on his facebook page saying he would go to Miami-FL, and he now deciding between Ohio State and West Virginia. So, i am not going to believe this until he signs on the dotted line. But, Louis could know something none of us know, Seantrel has picked the Gophers. Can't wait til NSD.

About a month ago and 34 hours before signing day are not the same thing

Yes I think he will get a lot of pressure which could be his intention if he really wants to have his friend Kirkwood at the same University he plays for. OSU has two four star running backs that have indicated they will sign so they probably don't want to consider offering a scholarship to three star Kirkwood, but I believe Lewis is OSU's only four star receiver. Perhaps he has been pressuring OSU to offer a scholarship to his friend Kirkwood or he will head north to Minnesota with him. I hope this is not the case but if it is we will see how badly OSU wants to hold on to Lewis.

I don't think they can offer him a scholarship anymore, can they? It is a dead time now and coaches can not contact recruits which i would assume would mean they could no longer offer a scholarship since that would mean contact of some sort. Maybe I am wrong but I believe all your ducks need to be in a row already in terms of scholarship offers.

Recruits can still contact coaches. Coaches can call the high school coaches all they want and offer kids that way. High school coaches tend to handle the recruitment of players and offers go through them, especially down south.

According to the Editor at SoFlaFootball, Louis may be playing games a bit with people in order to build suspense for his "decision" on Wed. He was told that it will be between UM, OSU, VaTech and UNC.

This is pretty exciting stuff. However, being a long suffering fan of Minnesota sports I feel like I did when the Vikes had just gotten the ball back with 2 minutes to play... Lets hope it turns out better.

Go Brew!

James Louis, you are making an excellent decision. Congratulations and welcome to Minnesota!

You will walk in and be an instant contributor to a Gopher team with a ton of youth and athleticism on both sides of the ball. With the addition of last year's redshirt O and D linemen, the Gophers are gonna take the next step. And before your career is over the Gophers will be Rose Bowl bound!

see you at TCF in the fall of 2010!

I'm beginning to feel like this is just Louis messing around trying to rile up some interweb folk.

I'm beginning to feel like this is just Louis messing around trying to rile up some interweb folk.

Same. Really hope I'm wrong, though. Dude looks legit.

If nothing else, it's been fantastic seeing what d-bags OSU fans are.

Unless Kirkwood is in on it (which I really doubt...why would he be?) and this is a ploy for more attention for his signing day decision, I think it'd be pretty low of him to act like he was going to go to school with his "friend" if it weren't true. That's all that gives me hope for the Gophers with this development.

Why would he lie to his friend if he wasn't planning on doing what he said? Or why would his friend go along with it and not debunk this development if it was a lie? I'm hoping neither is the case, but I guess we will have to wait and see what happens Wednesday.

[CENSORED] ... Agree with you ... we had a debate tonight in the Ch. 5 sports office on whether to use or not, and have decided to ... actually on a slow night, leading with it ... trying to give my alma mater some love/attention.

[CENSORED] ... Agree with you ... we had a debate tonight in the Ch. 5 sports office on whether to use or not, and have decided to ... actually on a slow night, leading with it ... trying to give my alma mater some love/attention.

doogie, do you mean lead the sports segment?

Yes ... not the actual news, but sports at 10:25 ... also have the cooper game ... was hoping to get godfrey, who the gophers have an interest in, but he was suspended.

Yes ... not the actual news, but sports at 10:25 ... also have the cooper game ... was hoping to get godfrey, who the gophers have an interest in, but he was suspended.

Doogie: A force for good in Gopher Sports since 2010. :D

That's cool, Doogie. I, for one, appreciate the effort.

Top Bottom