All Things Jarvis Johnson Thread

If you read the article it's about his heart condition/scare and then his relationship with is sister. I figured most people knew ISU was out of the picture. Whatever, I was trying to help people out. Next time I won't share.

It has been common knowledge for a long time that his family wants him close to home. That is one reason why there have only been a few non-midwest schools that have shown interest.

I'm happy you shared because I wasn't aware that JJ has a serious heart condition, and that he nearly died. That's an incredible story, although it makes me nervous at the same time that something tragic could happen to him.

I'm happy you shared because I wasn't aware that JJ has a serious heart condition, and that he nearly died. That's an incredible story, although it makes me nervous at the same time that something tragic could happen to him.

+1. I didn't know about the heart issue.

Thanks. That surprises me a bit. Now if we can just get fragile Fred to stop recruiting the other MN kids....

Just need Flip to give him the Wolves job. That job becomes much more attractive with Wiggins.

If you read the article it's about his heart condition/scare and then his relationship with is sister. I figured most people knew ISU was out of the picture. Whatever, I was trying to help people out. Next time I won't share.

It has been common knowledge for a long time that his family wants him close to home. That is one reason why there have only been a few non-midwest schools that have shown interest.

Thanks, I recently read about that too. To be honest, it makes me wonder why he's still playing competitive basketball. If it were me, I think I'd probably quit. Maybe a bunch of doctors have assured him he's at no greater risk than anyone else. If so, I hope for his sake that he had great doctors. Like Mayo clinic or something.

Didn't Hoiberg have a heart issue too? I can't remember if he quit because of it, or kept playing.

Hey guys - I just heard this from my source, that has always been trustworthy and was 100% on all the Tyus Jones information.

Heard from a trusted source just now that Jarvis will commit to the Gophers.

It's what I heard, so take it for what it's worth...we won't know until the words come out of Jarvis's mouth. AKA - this means don't shoot the messenger!

???

I posted a link to JJ's heart condition, which is why his family would prefer to see him stay close to home. I don't know why you are asking about ISU. They haven't seemed to be in the picture for a while (ie he isn't visiting them).

Edit: I guess I thought people would have realized the heart condition was the main point from that article, not the thing about his sister and ISU. If something ever happened to him on the court, his family would want him close by.

I didn't realize this out there, but yes, this is the reason why his family wants him to stay home and why his sister stayed close to home. He had pacmaker placed in him after he collapsed during a basketball game years back, so its pretty remarkable that he can play at such a level considering this

Hey guys - I just heard this from my source, that has always been trustworthy and was 100% on all the Tyus Jones information.

It's what I heard, so take it for what it's worth...we won't know until the words come out of Jarvis's mouth. AKA - this means don't shoot the messenger!

Awesome. Thank you GL, as always!

If you're wrong... I blame you, not Jarvis, not your source, YOU!

Oh my God. I just a tingly feeling all over my body.

I think Jarvis will commit here and I'm excited about it.

That should round out a very good recruiting class.

gaurd heavy but should be a nice fit for Pitino's system. Cant wait until the season and next season

Thanks for the info, Nadine! No offense, but I'll believe it when it actually happens. I refuse to set myself up for Reid 2.0.

I think Jarvis will commit here and I'm excited about it.

That should round out a very good recruiting class.

gaurd heavy but should be a nice fit for Pitino's system. Cant wait until the season and next season

Read in the paper today that Mason is more of a 2, but can play point (like Andre) and Pitino said he can play swingman if they go small.

Gonna be quite the logjam at the 2/3 next year, will be fun to see who comes out ontop.

I can't look for the link right now, but some good stuff about Kontae, etc. in there.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks for the info, Nadine! No offense, but I'll believe it when it actually happens. I refuse to set myself up for Reid 2.0.

I'm officially set up for Reid-gate 2.0. No way that will happen to us twice. Right!!?!??

Read in the paper today that Mason is more of a 2, but can play point (like Andre) and Pitino said he can play swingman if they go small.

Gonna be quite the logjam at the 2/3 next year, will be fun to see who comes out ontop.

I can't look for the link right now, but some good stuff about Kontae, etc. in there.

I posted the link and some of the more interesting quotes (including the Konate and Mason stuff) in the 2014-2015 Season Lead Up Thread.

My early guess at a 2015 depth chart (assuming no defections or additions beyond Jarvis):

Starters:
PG - Dorsey or Johnson
SG - Lofton
SF - Morris
PF - Martin
C - Konate

Bench
6th - Mason
7th - McNeil
8th - Dorsey or Johnson
9th - King
10th - Nwankwo
11th - McBreyer
12th - Buggs
13th - Diedhiou

ETA: I really, really, really like this team. Could be Pitino's best yet.

Yeah there is a thread from yesterday with a link to the article.

Also Pitino has shown/said he will use easily play 3 gaurds at a time because the sg/sf position is interchangle in his offense. Should make for some fast paced basketball. I cant wait.

My early guess at a 2015 depth chart (assuming no defections or additions beyond Jarvis):

Starters:
PG - Dorsey or Johnson
SG - Lofton
SF - Morris
PF - Martin
C - Konate

Bench
6th - Mason
7th - McNeil
8th - Dorsey or Johnson
9th - King
10th - Nwankwo
11th - McBreyer
12th - Buggs
13th - Diedhiou

I really like the position flexibility in the backcourt. Mason, Lofton, Jarvis, McNeil and McBrayer can all seemingly play multiple positions. Wonder if McBrayer could red-shirt.

Also interesting that Buggs will be the last Tubby recruit remaining.

Starters:
PG - Dorsey or Johnson
SG - Lofton
SF - Morris
PF - Martin
C - Konate

Bench
6th - Mason
7th - McNeil
8th - Dorsey or Johnson
9th - King
10th - Nwankwo
11th - McBreyer
12th - Buggs
13th - Diedhiou

If King is our 9th player as a Senior, I'll be very surprised.

Starters:
PG - Dorsey or Johnson
SG - Lofton
SF - Morris
PF - Martin
C - Konate

Bench
6th - Mason
7th - McNeil
8th - Dorsey or Johnson
9th - King
10th - Nwankwo
11th - McBreyer
12th - Buggs
13th - Diedhiou

King started as a sophomore in his first year of high-major basketball. I don't see him being the 9th man on the bench as a senior. Lots of athletes on that roster, but he and Lofton may be the go-to options for getting the ball in the basket.

We'll see how the center position shakes out. Hopefully Konate can earn it, but they could go small too (basically with two PFs up front) depending on how the other guys look and how much they grow/get stronger.

King started as a sophomore in his first year of high-major basketball. I don't see him being the 9th man on the bench as a senior. Lots of athletes on that roster, but he and Lofton may be the go-to options for getting the ball in the basket.

We'll see how the center position shakes out. Hopefully Konate can earn it, but they could go small too (basically with two PFs up front) depending on how the other guys look and how much they grow/get stronger.

King started at PF because there weren't any PFs on the roster. I think Martin will pass him sometime this year and become the full time starter as a sophomore. Just because a player starts as an underclassmen doesn't mean he is guaranteed to start for the rest of his career. King will be a nice player for us regardless though. I just think Martin is going to be better in just about every area of the game though.

ETA: And King will NEVER be a "go-to option" for us. That's not his game. Lofton is going to be our volume scorer and Morris, McNeil, and Mason will be our other "go-to options."

Starters:
PG - Dorsey or Johnson
SG - Lofton
SF - Morris
PF - Martin
C - Konate

Bench
6th - Mason
7th - McNeil
8th - Dorsey or Johnson
9th - King
10th - Nwankwo
11th - McBreyer
12th - Buggs
13th -

It's because he listed "Dorsey or Johnson" twice which is somewhat understandable for confusing the numbers.

If you're wrong... I blame you, not Jarvis, not your source, YOU!

Ha! You'd be amazed at how many people would actually do that, and not be joking!

Oh my God. I just a tingly feeling all over my body.

You need a moment to yourself? ;)

Please do just wait. I'm just sharing what I know. I don't usually do that, as I get so crucified if I'm ever wrong (and FYI -the Reid news came from one of his coaches the night before his commitment...you don't get a much better source than that, but kids change their minds), but I went out on a limb and will just block people on Twitter that rip me if it doesn't happen.

With that being said, my source said there could be a presser tomorrow at DLS - but that's not confirmed. What he did say is that Jarvis has wanted to be a Gopher for months.

Top Bottom