All Things Jarvis Johnson Thread

Some people are investing way too much in all of this information. If a commitment happens friday, great. If it doesn't happen, blame yourself for being gullible enough to read into a kid's snapstory, a recruit's subtweets, etc, and draw hard conclusions from it.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/105375231" width="500" height="281" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jarvis Johnson "Gives Yo PG FITS" Mixtape @ Peach Jam & Super Showcase from IA Elites on Vimeo. (9/5/14)

Gopher Fan 101: Assume Jarvis will commit to Wisconsin on Friday by pulling out a Gopher hat throwing it on the ground, stomping on it and donning ugly red while On Wisconsin plays. Be pleasantly surprised if anything else happens.

Gopher Fan 101: Assume Jarvis will commit to Wisconsin on Friday by pulling out a Gopher hat throwing it on the ground, stomping on it and donning ugly red while On Wisconsin plays. Be pleasantly surprised if anything else happens.

Love it...."the horror...the horror." :)

I'll take Dorsey in a head to head matchup there! But it'd be nice to have Dorsey AND Jarvis. In case he turns out like Jordan Taylor, you know. And then Wisconsin gets nothing! Yes!

Not sure what this means, but seems to me Jarvis might just be having some fun with Jarvismania.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I am around just been following from afar, anyways I have a pretty good idea where he is going to commit, He is likely going to pull a Reid Travis and commit to the school his family has been wanting him to commit to all this time and if you been following his recruitment I'm sure you know what program that is. I have said this before, but there was close to zero chance that his family was going to let him go far for school, though some further out schools did get his attention, they have always remained a long shot. I'll explain why that is after his commitment. But yeah, really excited about this class already, and hopefully gets even better before its all said and done.

I am around just been following from afar, anyways I have a pretty good idea where he is going to commit, He is likely going to pull a Reid Travis and commit to the school his family has been wanting him to commit to all this time and if you been following his recruitment I'm sure you know what program that is. I have said this before, but there was close to zero chance that his family was going to let him go far for school, though some further out schools did get his attention, they have always remained a long shot. I'll explain why that is after his commitment. But yeah, really excited about this class already, and hopefully gets even better before its all said and done.

I'm assuming you are referring to this.

"following from afar" = you dont know, or have credible info. If you did, you would be plastering it all over
"likely going to pull a R.Travis" = you cover yourself if he goes elsewhere, i.e. ISU
"really excited about this class and hopefully it gets better" = you cover yourself if he comes to the U

Well done. Officially no value added

"following from afar" = you dont know, or have credible info. If you did, you would be plastering it all over
"likely going to pull a R.Travis" = you cover yourself if he goes elsewhere, i.e. ISU
"really excited about this class and hopefully it gets better" = you cover yourself if he comes to the U

You just described your post. Why attack a random poster like that? Also, I can't figure out your policy on using periods.

What is Jarvis' status with ISU? Did they lose interest or grab another PG? Surprised he's not taking an official down there.

So, you go 19 months without a post here, and THIS is what you come up with for your first one back???? That's odd.

I've been following his recruitment, but I must have missed the part about where his family wants him to go. Be a pal and stick your neck out here. I won't rip on anyone who makes a reasonable prediction, no matter whether they end up being right or wrong about it.

Cue the woe is me shoot the messenger story about his Travis Reid miss. (Which he could have been 100% factual with his description, still missed)

If you make a prediction people are going to point out you were right or wrong. Take the good with the bad.

I've been following his recruitment, but I must have missed the part about where his family wants him to go. Be a pal and stick your neck out here. I won't rip on anyone who makes a reasonable prediction, no matter whether they end up being right or wrong about it.

It is too bad that others don't share this sentiment. Why would anybody "in the know" volunteer any information on this site if he/she is just going to blasted by those that know nothing. Count me in the camp that believed Guy last year. I think the location switch for the announcement at the last minute (to the media center) reflected a last minute shift by Reid. An 18 year old is allowed to change his mind. Done ranting.

This is what he's talking about, it's been public knowledge for 2 years...
I'm assuming you are referring to this.

We've heard next to nothing about ISU and Jarvis lately though. Do you think there is still interest?

???

I posted a link to JJ's heart condition, which is why his family would prefer to see him stay close to home. I don't know why you are asking about ISU. They haven't seemed to be in the picture for a while (ie he isn't visiting them).

Edit: I guess I thought people would have realized the heart condition was the main point from that article, not the thing about his sister and ISU. If something ever happened to him on the court, his family would want him close by.

???

I posted a link to JJ's heart condition, which is why his family would prefer to see him stay close to home. I don't know why you are asking about ISU. They haven't seemed to be in the picture for a while (ie he isn't visiting them).

The article focused on his relationship with his sister, who is at ISU, so that's probably why GV deduced that his family would like to see him there. Thanks for the clarification.

???

Really? You have no idea why I thought you'd be referencing Iowa State when you linked that article?? His sister plays Basketball at Iowa State, which happens to be fairly close to home also...
[h=1]"Family Tragedy Brings Brother, Sister Closer On Court"[/h]

Really? You have no idea why I thought you'd be referencing Iowa State when you linked that article?? His sister plays Basketball at Iowa State, which happens to be fairly close to home also...
[h=1]"Family Tragedy Brings Brother, Sister Closer On Court"[/h]

If you read the article it's about his heart condition/scare and then his relationship with is sister. I figured most people knew ISU was out of the picture. Whatever, I was trying to help people out. Next time I won't share.

It has been common knowledge for a long time that his family wants him close to home. That is one reason why there have only been a few non-midwest schools that have shown interest.

If you read the article it's all about his heart condition/scare. I figured most people knew ISU was out of the picture. Whatever, I was trying to help people out. Next time I won't share.

Haha, relax dude. The whole article is about the bond he and his sister have had since the incident. I asked an honest question about where his recruitment with ISU stood since I haven't heard much about it lately. I assumed you linked the article because of his tie to his sister. Sorry about the big bold font, I literally pasted that into the reply window from the article.

If you read the article it's about his heart condition/scare and then his relationship with is sister. I figured most people knew ISU was out of the picture. Whatever, I was trying to help people out. Next time I won't share.

It has been common knowledge for a long time that his family wants him close to home. That is one reason why there have only been a few non-midwest schools that have shown interest.

No where in that article does it say anything about him staying home. All over the article it talks about how his heart condition made the two closer together.

Don't go guy Fawkes on the bit because you were vague mad town.

Is ISU truly out of the picture? It seems that way based on the visits he setup, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are out I guess.

Is ISU truly out of the picture? It seems that way based on the visits he setup, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are out I guess.

For what it's worth, Doogie has indicated that ISU stopped recruiting JJ a few months ago, and that he doesn't even think JJ has a commitable offer from ISU anymore.

It really seems like it's down to Minnesota & Wisconsin, and with the rumors flying that he's going to announce tomorrow, it would seem that favors us since he just took his official visit here & hasn't taken his official to Wisconsin yet. I like where we're sitting.

For what it's worth, Doogie has indicated that ISU stopped recruiting JJ a few months ago, and that he doesn't even think JJ has a commitable offer from ISU anymore.

Thanks. That surprises me a bit. Now if we can just get fragile Fred to stop recruiting the other MN kids....

Top Bottom