All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

When it gets to be winter, VT will still be irrelevant. Buzz is going to have a very hard time raising that program.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Another one with Mark Turgeon of Maryland and Richard Pitino of Minnesota. Followed by a row of coaches. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/weworkin?src=hash">#weworkin</a> <a href="http://t.co/mwViMZKKYi">pic.twitter.com/mwViMZKKYi</a></p>— Reed Nosbisch (@ECCSpartanHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/ECCSpartanHoops/statuses/488126808756203520">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hanging with the big boys today out recruiting. <a href="http://t.co/TIs44iqJ4G">pic.twitter.com/TIs44iqJ4G</a></p>— Reed Nosbisch (@ECCSpartanHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/ECCSpartanHoops/statuses/488126267661631488">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

That picture with Richard and Turgeon is pretty funny considering it was taken the day we got Dorsey over Maryland. Haha

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Another one with Mark Turgeon of Maryland and Richard Pitino of Minnesota. Followed by a row of coaches. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/weworkin?src=hash">#weworkin</a> <a href="http://t.co/mwViMZKKYi">pic.twitter.com/mwViMZKKYi</a></p>— Reed Nosbisch (@ECCSpartanHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/ECCSpartanHoops/statuses/488126808756203520">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

"COLLEGES COACHES ONLY"

Mmm... yeah....

I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of this. Dorsey to Jarvis, an above the rim PG at only 6-0.

Not sure if this has been posted before but it relates to Chris Clarke.....

St. James School point guard Justin Robinson is another floor general that Turgeon has had his eye on for quite some time. However, Robinson and Virginia Beach shooting guard Chris Clarke have stated in the past that they could be a package deal. That is an issue because the Terps have backed off in their pursuit of Clarke.

Not sure if this has been posted before but it relates to Chris Clarke.....

St. James School point guard Justin Robinson is another floor general that Turgeon has had his eye on for quite some time. However, Robinson and Virginia Beach shooting guard Chris Clarke have stated in the past that they could be a package deal. That is an issue because the Terps have backed off in their pursuit of Clarke.

Whitehead and Newton were suppose to be a package deal as well. Nothing to see here. Its more like "it would be cool to play together and we will see if we end up at the same school" then an actual package.

Whitehead and Newton were suppose to be a package deal as well. Nothing to see here. Its more like "it would be cool to play together and we will see if we end up at the same school" then an actual package.

Lebron ruined that notion. No more package deals!

A Top 10 class for 2015? With a very underrated 2014 class we have the makings of big things. I fully expect this trend to strengthen. I like that these are not one and done kids either. I prefer my BB team to graduate with a fine University of Minnesota degree. Kaler, Woody and company are striking it big. Young Pitino is going to build a dynasty here. Let's get this practice facility done. Send what you can. I have and will continue to contribute.

+1

Are we even recruiting Trier or am I safe to "unfollow" him on Twitter?

Oh yeah!!

Top performers from Ty Lawson, Victor Oladipo camp

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Article/Superlatives-from-Ty-Lawson-Victor-Oladipo-camp-29601873

Top Scoring Guard: Kevin Dorsey (Paul VI High School/Fairfax, Va.)

The latest Minnesota Golden Gophers commitment put on a show for future coach Richard Pitino, who was in attendance at DeMatha for all three days of camp. Dorsey finished play as the seventh-leading scorer at the event averaging 15.4 points per game.

Dorsey was at his best, as he normally is, when he pushed the tempo on the offensive end. This characteristic should allow him the opportunity to be the type of player that can come in and contribute right away for Pitino. His Gophers system is one that is at its best when it has a point guard who can get up and go, and Dorsey does that well.

Top Wing: Chris Clarke (Cape Henry Collegiate School/Virginia Beach, Va.)

Clarke built on a solid showing at the NBPA Top 100 Camp in June with another strong performance. The Boo Williams EYBL product finished play ranked third in the camp in average points per game. Clarke also had the second-best rebounding average of those in attendance.

While most will be quick to say Clarke’s jump shot is still a work in progress, the wing showed off improved ball handling skills and was at his best when he was attacking the basket looking to make something happen. After five games, Clarke finished play averaging 20.2 points and 9.0 rebounds per game.

From everything I've read, he sounds like the most perfect replacement for Mathieu. I think our backcourt is going to be damn good for years to come. Love the types of players Pitino's bringing in.

Oh yeah!!

Top performers from Ty Lawson, Victor Oladipo camp

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Article/Superlatives-from-Ty-Lawson-Victor-Oladipo-camp-29601873

Top Scoring Guard: Kevin Dorsey (Paul VI High School/Fairfax, Va.)

The latest Minnesota Golden Gophers commitment put on a show for future coach Richard Pitino, who was in attendance at DeMatha for all three days of camp. Dorsey finished play as the seventh-leading scorer at the event averaging 15.4 points per game.

Dorsey was at his best, as he normally is, when he pushed the tempo on the offensive end. This characteristic should allow him the opportunity to be the type of player that can come in and contribute right away for Pitino. His Gophers system is one that is at its best when it has a point guard who can get up and go, and Dorsey does that well.

Top Wing: Chris Clarke (Cape Henry Collegiate School/Virginia Beach, Va.)

Clarke built on a solid showing at the NBPA Top 100 Camp in June with another strong performance. The Boo Williams EYBL product finished play ranked third in the camp in average points per game. Clarke also had the second-best rebounding average of those in attendance.

While most will be quick to say Clarke’s jump shot is still a work in progress, the wing showed off improved ball handling skills and was at his best when he was attacking the basket looking to make something happen. After five games, Clarke finished play averaging 20.2 points and 9.0 rebounds per game.

Not sure if this has been said before or not, but the best part about the Dorsey commitment is that Pitino and gang can now focus 100% on the other 3 big targets Johnson, Clarke & Illikainen on the 16-20 & 23-27. Hopefully one or two of them will decide in early August, specifically Illikainen before he heads out east & Clarke before blue bloods start offering. Landing a 4 star guard this early has so many advantages!

Edit: Anyone know if we're recruiting Kenny Williams still???

Not sure if this has been said before or not, but the best part about the Dorsey commitment is that Pitino and gang can now focus 100% on the other 3 big targets Johnson, Clarke & Illikainen on the 16-20 & 23-27. Hopefully one or two of them will decide in early August, specifically Illikainen before he heads out east & Clarke before blue bloods start offering. Landing a 4 star guard this early has so many advantages!

I think you recruit kids hard until they sign. I doubt this changes recruiting activity very much, but probably improves a lot of attitudes.

I think you recruit kids hard until they sign. I doubt this changes recruiting activity very much, but probably improves a lot of attitudes.

From what I've heard, Pitino recruited Dorsey & Clarke from the 9-12 (was front center for every Dorsey game)... This means that he was not front and center for Illikainen & Johnson events, although staff was there it's not the same as Coach P. What I'm referring to when I say "Pitino & gang can now focus 100% on the other 3 big targets" is that he can hopefully be front and center at every event they're at the next 2 eval periods which are the 16th-20th & 23rd-27th. The 16th-20th is the Peach Jam so Boo Williams (Clarke's team) & Howard Pulley (Jarvis and Alex's team) will both be at the event so I'm mostly referring to the 23rd-27th eval period!

I may be wrong, but I get the impression that we're not that serious of contenders for Kenny Williams. For all of the tweets/articles/info that comes out about his AAU teammate Chris Clarke, I haven't heard the Gophers mentioned once lately with Williams. Last I heard, Williams really liked VCU and they were considered the leader. I know it's not going to happen, but how ironic would it be if we landed four 4* recruits from Virginia (Dorsey, Clarke, Williams, Trevor Manuel) the year after we missed out on all four Minnesota guys?

4 replays of Kevin Dorsey's takeover team can also be found with a simple google videos search and probably many more teams.

Checked the Peach Jam schedule:

Clarke and Boo Williams play at 8am and 8pm tomorrow.

Jarvis, Alex, and Howard Pulley play 11am and 8pm tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see where Pitino is for the 8pm games.

Top Bottom