12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>UNLV will receive an official visit from <a href="https://twitter.com/ShowtimeMr">@ShowtimeMr</a> Rashad Vaughn on November 25th.</p>— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/ebosshoops/statuses/385513340824350720">October 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I really hope we can get an official out of Vaughn, no matter how many times he's been on campus. I think official visits signal a greater level of seriousness about a player's consideration.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>UNLV will receive an official visit from <a href="https://twitter.com/ShowtimeMr">@ShowtimeMr</a> Rashad Vaughn on November 25th.</p>— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/ebosshoops/statuses/385513340824350720">October 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I really hope we can get an official out of Vaughn, no matter how many times he's been on campus. I think official visits signal a greater level of seriousness about a player's consideration.

Isn't that after the close of early signing period? Does that mean he is going to wait next year to commit?

Baylor, ISU, and UNLV are set up. He's said that he'll visit UNC and Kansas during the season. Looks like we won't be getting an official visit. Seems like we were pretty easily replaced by UNLV. What a joke.

Baylor, ISU, and UNLV are set up. He's said that he'll visit UNC and Kansas during the season. Looks like we won't be getting an official visit. Seems like we were pretty easily replaced by UNLV. What a joke.

Rashad has always said that he wouldn't use an official on the U because he's been there many times and doesn't need to. As far as I'm concerned, this doesn't mean anything as far as our chances with Vaughn.

Rashad has always said that he wouldn't use an official on the U because he's been there many times and doesn't need to. As far as I'm concerned, this doesn't mean anything as far as our chances with Vaughn.

But he also said he wouldn't use an official on UNLV.

But he also said he wouldn't use an official on UNLV.

Link? I don't doubt you at all, I just don't recall that off the top of my head. Anyway, the point I was making is that Vaughn not taking an official to Minnesota doesn't really concern me. Also, as you pointed out, he said he wouldn't official to UNLV and now will so who is to say that he will take officials to UNC and Kansas just because he said he would. Things change with young kids all the time. Isaiah Whitehead said constantly that he would take an official here, look how that turned out.

Holy *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# I'm going to cry if we have to watch Vaughn play for another team. He is everything Rodney could have been and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being the best pro player out of this class.

Holy *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# I'm going to cry if we have to watch Vaughn play for another team. He is everything Rodney could have been and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being the best pro player out of this class.

I find it ironic (and annoying I might add) that "It's the best kept secret" is constantly spattered throughout that video. Rashad is certainly far from that.

It's absolutely insane that he has been slipping in the recruiting rankings. There is no way he shouldn't be top 10 if not top 5 or #1. I'm not sure there is a better scorer in the entire class. Maybe Whitehead, but he isn't the athlete Vaughn is.

It's absolutely insane that he has been slipping in the recruiting rankings. There is no way he shouldn't be top 10 if not top 5 or #1. I'm not sure there is a better scorer in the entire class. Maybe Whitehead, but he isn't the athlete Vaughn is.

I was expecting a jump up at least a few places. Hopefully he climbs once Findlay's season gets going.

How often has a recruit used the I-don't-need-to-visit-the-hometown-school line and then ended up picking the hometown school?

Just watched his new Hardwood Elite tape ... He is really really really good. Wow. I am amazed every time I see highlights of him playing.

How often has a recruit used the I-don't-need-to-visit-the-hometown-school line and then ended up picking the hometown school?

I don't know about using that actual line but just from last season Jarell Martin (13th, LSU), Bobby Portis (15th, Arkansas) and Austin Nichols (17th, Memphis) all didn't take an official visit (according to Rivals, I obviously didn't follow their recruitment) and stayed home... and that's just in the top 20. Am I saying Vaughn will be a Gopher? No, I don't know where he'll end up and it doesn't seem like he does right now either. I'm just saying that not getting an official isn't the end of the world.

I don't know about using that actual line but just from last season Jarell Martin (13th, LSU), Bobby Portis (15th, Arkansas) and Austin Nichols (17th, Memphis) all didn't take an official visit (according to Rivals, I obviously didn't follow their recruitment) and stayed home... and that's just in the top 20. Am I saying Vaughn will be a Gopher? No, I don't know where he'll end up and it doesn't seem like he does right now either. I'm just saying that not getting an official isn't the end of the world.

I don't think either Martin or Portis ever took an official visit anywhere before they committed. That is how they get top talent to go to the SEC in hoops, I guess. Nichols would clearly be your best bet for that "I don't need to visit the hometown school officially" example, from the players you listed.

just watched his tape also. that little step back.. WOW. and his range, handles, spring are amazing. just wow.

He is MAD skilled, and has nice size and all the tools needed to succeed. However, absolutely has areas he needs to improve, in specific, he needs to become a more efficient scorer, and take better shots, along with passing the ball better.

I wouldn't get worked up about this. Rashad is in Las Vegas while his family still lives in Minnesota. Naturally, they're going to want to come visit him. Taking an official to UNLV is a good way for them to do so for free. Makes perfect sense for him to do that and to me doesn't mean anything in regard to our standing with him vs. UNLV's.

I wouldn't get worked up about this. Rashad is in Las Vegas while his family still lives in Minnesota. Naturally, they're going to want to come visit him. Taking an official to UNLV is a good way for them to do so for free. Makes perfect sense for him to do that and to me doesn't mean anything in regard to our standing with him vs. UNLV's.

I agree. The bolded part you quoted is a bit of a whiny reaction on my part. I'm more inclined to agree with the posters that think he could still decide not to set up the UNC or Kansas visit. Personally, I'd be concerned if he officially visits 5 schools that aren't the Gophers.

He is MAD skilled, and has nice size and all the tools needed to succeed. However, absolutely has areas he needs to improve, in specific, he needs to become a more efficient scorer, and take better shots, along with passing the ball better.

You think he'll be a Shabazz Muhammed type player?

You think he'll be a Shabazz Muhammed type player?

Shubazz was more of an undersized SF then a big SG, i think Vaughn is more athletic and reminds me more of Terrence Ross from Washington or maybe Tim Hardaway Jr both being big shooting guards, not undersized small forwards, and more athletic then a Shubazz Muhamed or Deshaun Thomas type player

I find it ironic (and annoying I might add) that "It's the best kept secret" is constantly spattered throughout that video. Rashad is certainly far from that.

thats just part of the beat, it is in no way referring to the player in the video when they say that

about the homesick thing these tweets are encouraging that this is a valid point, BTW i don't know how to embed tweets

"I love My Rock @JJ_Martin3 so much and I miss her sooo much"

"@ShowtimeMr miss you more"

"First day out at Findlay was great, a little home sick but its time to get this money !! "

about the homesick thing these tweets are encouraging that this is a valid point, BTW i don't know how to embed tweets

"I love My Rock @JJ_Martin3 so much and I miss her sooo much"

"@ShowtimeMr miss you more"

"First day out at Findlay was great, a little home sick but its time to get this money !! "

She goes to Georgetown...

Goodluck Okonoboh, 5* center (by some services) picked UNLV tonight over Ohio State and Indiana. Sheesh. Can't say I like what's going on out there in Las Vegas. I'm not sure if it's because we're just paying more attention to recruiting now (because Pitino is so much more active than Tubby) or whether there's been an uptick in shadiness this year, but it sure seems like some odd stuff is going on. Call me prejudiced, but when schools like Seton Hall, Miami, UNLV etc. are nabbing top prospects with late offers over B1G schools ... I don't like it and I don't trust it.

>>"UNLV started late in its recruitment but made the talented center a priority after the summer circuit."

Saw the tail end of ESPNU's football/basketball recruiting show last night when I was channel surfing, and they said look out for UNLV in the Rashad Vaughn sweepstakes. Makes sense, unfortunately. Vaughn is generally considered a one-and-done candidate (just like Anthony Bennett), probably not all that interested in school, so why not attend the school that just produced the NBA's #1 draft pick?

Goodluck Okonoboh, 5* center (by some services) picked UNLV tonight over Ohio State and Indiana. Sheesh. Can't say I like what's going on out there in Las Vegas. I'm not sure if it's because we're just paying more attention to recruiting now (because Pitino is so much more active than Tubby) or whether there's been an uptick in shadiness this year, but it sure seems like some odd stuff is going on. Call me prejudiced, but when schools like Seton Hall, Miami, UNLV etc. are nabbing top prospects with late offers over B1G schools ... I don't like it and I don't trust it.

>>"UNLV started late in its recruitment but made the talented center a priority after the summer circuit."

My reaction was..."Good!!"

Yeah, not sure what's going on in Vegas this year in recruiting. In terms of Vaughn, I'm worried we have a Whitehead scenario playing out. The old Findlay coach is now an assistant at UNLV, and Pete Kaffey (Vaughn's mentor) was given a job at Findlay. Seems like the next step could be giving Kaffey a job at UNLV next year so Vaughn is surrounded with people he's comfortable with. I'd say UNLV is a legit threat just because they seem willing to give Vaughn (and other recruits) whatever they want and then some.

Yeah, not sure what's going on in Vegas this year in recruiting. In terms of Vaughn, I'm worried we have a Whitehead scenario playing out. The old Findlay coach is now an assistant at UNLV, and Pete Kaffey (Vaughn's mentor) was given a job at Findlay. Seems like the next step could be giving Kaffey a job at UNLV next year so Vaughn is surrounded with people he's comfortable with. I'd say UNLV is a legit threat just because they seem willing to give Vaughn (and other recruits) whatever they want and then some.

Richard has to take the high road, then. He's got to sell Vaughn on the idea that he can be above this, that Rashad is better than to get mixed up in this shadiness. Appeal to his self esteem and sense of self worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom