All Things Isaiah Whitehead Thread UPDATED 9/18: Whitehead to Seton Hall

Hope he's one and done and Seton Hall gets stuck with his HS coach long term. Even better if they miss the tourney.

Hope he's one and done and Seton Hall gets stuck with his HS coach long term. Even better if they miss the tourney.

This is a likely scenario. I mean, who really want to stay in jersey longer than that?

Something similar happened with a Minnesota HS player in the 1990's. His coach brought him to MSU and flat out asked what he (the HS coach) was going to get out of the deal. Was it just being paid to run camps at MSU, or is there a staff position waiting for him. Make it sweet enough, and the kid will come.

To his credit Izzo, told him right there, thanks but no thanks, and was done recruiting the kid.

Don't lie, you're sitting on the edge of your seat even though we don't have a chance...

I don't think it would be beneath them to can him after a year...if they brought him on for IW.

This whole thing couldn't have ended more disgustingly, so incredibly sketchy. I would have even greatly preferred to see him end up in Bloomington.

This whole thing couldn't have ended more disgustingly, so incredibly sketchy. I would have even greatly preferred to see him end up in Bloomington.

Well I'm glad we didn't buy him off by hiring his coach. I would have lost a ton of respect for Pitino if he had done that. Sounds like this guy has been trying to weasel his way onto a college coaching staff for awhile now. He just needed a bargaining chip.

Interesting article posted by Jerry Meyer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/h...in-staff-st-john-university-article-1.1100188

that was a pretty weird press conference:
-the "taking my talents to" line
- trying to awkwardly thank teachers despite not coming up with any of their names.
- the coach acting shady knowing he's getting the best deal out of this
- the principal trying to pretend in his speech that the kids are there to hear him, or his fairytale where all of his students will be going to collge

From the looks of Willard's recruiting class, and Whitehead's coach going to Seton Hall as an assistant I can only assume Willard is cheating like crazy. Look for Seton Hall to have major violations counted against it in the next few years.

Please close and delete this thread now! No need to remind us we got kicked in the ballz again

Minnesota does not want this kind of kid no matter the talent.

Well I guess that puts to bed all the nonsense about him not taking an official/unofficial visit to Minnesota.

I guess we should have been tracking how many official visits "Tiny" Morton had taken.

Frustrating end to an interesting recruiting saga. Ish!

It's disappointing, but I'd rather not go the scuzzy route. I don't want to have to give up on looking down on Calipari and other gangster programs. I'd rather lose with honor than (let's face it), probably still lose with dishonor.

If prostituting the program is what it takes to become a national player, count me out.

No way Pitino or the U was going to be willing to be involved in something like what happened here. Not a good way to get started.

No way Pitino or the U was going to be willing to be involved in something like what happened here. Not a good way to get started.

Maybe not, but one of Pitino's biggest mentors Billy Donovan did the same thing years ago by hiring Mike Miller's brother Ryan to get him to sign with Florida.

Top Bottom