Tubby will be fired this morning...

I'm not shedding any tears for Tubby...He signed a contract in a major conference with big expectations and he was rewarded handsomely. He's walking away with a healthy severence check and he doesn't have to duck responsibilty anymore.

Remember that re-tweets are not endorsements. Some guys will retweet anything.

Just incase we needed more sources:

Mila Koumpilova ‏@MilaPiPress 3m

U basketball coach Tubby Smith is out, Board of Regents Chair Linda Cohen confirms. She got 8 am voicemail from President Kaler

Tubby is one of the top 50% of the coaches in the NCAA.

Unfortunately, the Big-10 has five coaches who are in the top 5% and at least five more that rate top 30%.

Reusse just said a single booster wrote out a check for Tubby's whole buyout. If that's true, wow.

Wow.

That would just be amazing from an athletic department standpoint. Somebody with a lot of cash must've disliked Tubby, that's for sure.

A single booster covering the entire 2.5 million would suggest to me that we are hiring someone exciting.

Bad move and this could turn out like the Mason situation. I said before the tournament that the loser of the UCLA vs. Minn game would be fired but I didn't expect both too. I've sat back and read about FIRE TUBBY messages after all the games loss this year. To those who were ready to jump off the TUbby bandwagon, what ever else happens I hope you can accept it because its what you asked for and you got it... I don't think it was a good move and Tubby was just starting to get Minnesota in the right direction.

He's not...what are these people taking about???

He was. And then followed it up with "I've gotta give a S/O to MrSupperSmitty" Agree with others that said Brandon Smith = GopherPlaya

Top Bottom