Tubby Bashers

Team wins a must win game at home. A game their were favored in and the Tubbyites are claiming vindication.

It was a much needed and nice win but far from dominat. Saturday is a chance to build on this win but any and all criticism of Tubby has been and still is valid.

No....it has NOT all been valid.

"any and all"

See, I'm fine with some, if not most of the "constructive" criticism of Tubby.

But when you make these ridiculous ABSOLUTIST statements, that "any" criticisms ever posted about Tubby are legit, and "all" basically saying the same thing that "any" says.

THAT is when you discredit yourself.

Drop the absolutist attitude, tone down the degree of negativity and try to be as emotionless as you can, and your constructive criticisms will be read and appreciated.

I'll cancel out Koolaid Don's comment and agree with you. We went to OT, at home, against a team that we should be significantly better than given the senior leadership and athletic superiority that we have. Much of our struggles are coaching related, not player related. This win tonight still doesn't take away from the glaring coaching deficiencies. For example, when Tubby called a timeout near the end of regulation when we had 8 seconds left on the shot clock, I told my wife that Tubby and his staff would have a hard time drawing up a play to get a player an open look. I said they'd end up heaving up a prayer at the last tick before the clock went off. Sure enough...that's exactly what happened. We won tonight. Great! That doesn't mean we out-coached Bo.

I had to watch the game from home because I've had the flu all week and I completely concur. It was a very nice win but there was nothing about it that was easy to replicate. If Hollins and Hollins are off, we've got nothing. There's no system, no spacing. The players looked scared and tentative throughout. However, the defense got stronger as the game progressed. With about six or seven minutes left Tubby put out a lineup of Hollins, Hollins, Welch, Ingram and Walker. They gave up two quick baskets and that could have been the difference. As Gopher Playa referenced in another thread, the only non starters who should ever see the floor are EE and, probably, Welch.

The charge call was correct. He was set and outside of the arc.

A really exciting game. The best defensive intensity of the year and a much needed win. However, the issues in the program haven't changed.

goldengophers --

No, I am not detached from reality.

I've got a very good RPI rating and an impressive resume, though, like the Gophers, have not won all of my toughest matchups in life. I'm not a #1 or even Top Ten entity, but I think I'd at least get some votes for the Top 25, and might even squeeze into the Top 25.

And like the Gophers, the ooc part of the season is over and behind them and my days of living at home are behind me, and they are over half way through the conf part of the season and I am possibly half way through my adult life.

I won't bore you with my life story, but I'm very much in tune with reality. There is a lot of hate in the world, and to think that sports fans are immune to having feelings of hatred, is just naïve.

If you don't HATE Tubby, then your not a Tubby HATER. So why you taking offense?! If there is only ONE true Tubby HATER on this forum, then that is who I am writing about, and all there needs to be is one for your questioning my grip on reality to be ridiculous.

And if there are NO posters that hate Tubby, then they should stop posting hateful posts and giving me and others the false impression that they are HATERS.

And truth be told, maybe hate is not the best word, but the term Tubby dislikers, just doesn't have the same ring to it. lol

With all of the comments made relating to "Koolaid Don", I am extremely happy that I am a retired proctologist, because I could no longer handle having to deal with a$$holes like some of you.

Maybe beating Bucky will shut you up for a few days!!

I wouldn't call myself a hater, though I know I have been grumbling. It will certainly shut me up on the Tubby criticisms, especially if we get the magic back from earlier in the year and keep it going.

Some people support Tubby, others don't.

I'm offended at all the name calling. After all I just lost my Pope.

Like the terrible charge call that the announcers were giving Carrot Top the defense player of the decade award for. That sure wasn't home cooking.

Agree. Terrible call-Carrot was moving and leaning.

Frankly I hate all this pro-tubby anti-tubby whatever crap. I am pro- gophers and will support any player or coach who is a Gopher until the time when they or their boss decides it's time to move on.

Go gophers excellent win tonight!!!

Frankly I hate all this pro-tubby anti-tubby whatever crap. I am pro- gophers and will support any player or coach who is a Gopher until the time when they or their boss decides it's time to move on.

Be careful, scher, be very, very careful, or you will be called a KoolAid drinker by the bashers.

I wish some people on here could understand these two points:

1. Just because you criticize Tubby doesn't automatically mean you're anti-Tubby and think the struggles are all his fault.
2. Just because you defend Tubby doesn't automatically mean you're pro-Tubby and think none of the struggles are his fault.

Of course there are a few posters who are extreme but a majority of people are somewhere in the middle.

I wish some people on here could understand these two points:

1. Just because you criticize Tubby doesn't automatically mean you're anti-Tubby and think the struggles are all his fault.
2. Just because you defend Tubby doesn't automatically mean you're pro-Tubby and think none of the struggles are his fault.

Of course there are a few posters who are extreme but a majority of people are somewhere in the middle.

Agreed also. Well said.

The charge call was correct. He was set and outside of the arc.

It may have been. But it's also a call that in reverse goes against the Gophers on the road 95% of the time. It would be nice to get it at home, as IU, Michigan, Sparty, Brutus or Bucky would the vast majority of the time.

Agree. Terrible call-Carrot was moving and leaning.

Is there any video of that charge out there available? I was at the game and didn't get a good enough look at it.

I was glad to see the Gophers gird their loins and toughen up at the end of that game. They overcame a lot of things - some of their own making and some out of their control - and just kept on coming. They got the break at the end with Sideshow Bob's boner, and to their credit they capitalized on it. They just kept chopping wood, and tonight it was good enough. But again, to repeat, I liked their mental toughness and resilience.

Sideshow Bob's Boner would be a great name for a band.

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't really see any home-cooking. At best, the game was fair. Carrot Top also had a great "block" on Rodney's arm when he went up for a dunk. At least today there wasn't the usual play of Coleman going up for a layup and not getting a call after being smacked in the face.

Like the terrible charge call that the announcers were giving Carrot Top the defense player of the decade award for. That sure wasn't home cooking.

I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll ask this here. I was pretending to listen intently to my wife's recap of her day at the sushi restaurant tonight, all while imagining what was going on with the game, so I only got to really watch the last two minutes of regulation and the entire OT. Was it a well handled game turnover wise? It seemed so from what was said by the moron announcers. I checked the recap on my phone and it listed only 18 total turnovers. I assume we hung on to the ball pretty well?

Tubby critics would love to see us win sixteen in a row ,get a new practice building, and get the big three recruits and give Tubby a lifetime deal. Just because people are sick of the results doesn't mean your a hater.

Someone with some common sense on gopherhole? I didn't think it was possible.

I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll ask this here. I was pretending to listen intently to my wife's recap of her day at the sushi restaurant tonight, all while imagining what was going on with the game, so I only got to really watch the last two minutes of regulation and the entire OT. Was it a well handled game turnover wise? It seemed so from what was said by the moron announcers. I checked the recap on my phone and it listed only 18 total turnovers. I assume we hung on to the ball pretty well?

I can't remember the exact stats I saw on the board, but we took care of the ball tonight. None of those careless lazy passes. A couple fumbles and ill-advised dribbling into the trees, but nothing out of hand. Turned the ball over fewer times than the skunks. Now that I think about it, it might have been our best ball security game of the year.

I'm curious as to what the tubby lovers would say if the gophs lost. I'm sure settling for mediocrity and justifying the loss would be on par for tonight's conversation.

I can't remember the exact stats I saw on the board, but we took care of the ball tonight. None of those careless lazy passes. A couple fumbles and ill-advised dribbling into the trees, but nothing out of hand. Turned the ball over fewer times than the skunks. Now that I think about it, it might have been our best ball security game of the year.

Thanks. Nice to learn we had fewer than they did-I'm guessing that doesn't happen to Wisc. a lot.

We took care of the ball tikited only 8 turnovers. Andre had 0 turnovers to go with 3 assists, 3 steals and 21 points. The team is still struggling to shoot the ball better- I feel a hot night coming soon for Andre and Austin. They are due and Iowa would be a good place for it.

We took care of the ball tikited only 8 turnovers. Andre had 0 turnovers to go with 3 assists, 3 steals and 21 points. The team is still struggling to shoot the ball better- I feel a hot night coming soon for Andre and Austin. They are due and Iowa would be a good place for it.

I assume we are going to shoot like crap against Wisc., so I can live with that as long as we only have 8 turnovers. Pretty good stat line for our PG. Thankful for karma with the charging followed by the boneheaded inbounds play. Not sure what was worse: Carrot Tops turnover or this threads original title?

Is there any video of that charge out there available? I was at the game and didn't get a good enough look at it.

I was glad to see the Gophers gird their loins and toughen up at the end of that game. They overcame a lot of things - some of their own making and some out of their control - and just kept on coming. They got the break at the end with Sideshow Bob's boner, and to their credit they capitalized on it. They just kept chopping wood, and tonight it was good enough. But again, to repeat, I liked their mental toughness and resilience.

Sideshow Bob's Boner would be a great name for a band.

IDK of any video unless you can record a replay overnight or something. Obviously it's relatively close as block/charges tend to be. My opinion is same as tikited that he was still sliding when Austin took off and definitely leaning away from the basket toward Austin when the contact occurred. Official called charge because he was outside the circle.

Some people support Tubby, others don't.

I'm offended at all the name calling. After all I just lost my Pope.

I know that feel. Peace be with you.

I do remember seeing one post on the game thread right after we had won saying "Tubby still sucks," or something to that effect, which is lame, because it basically means you were cheering against Tubby more than for the Gophers.

I think we'll win at Iowa. We're abetter team. While they're still very good (they're young, but rugged & playing in the most stacked conference in the country), they played above their heads at the Barn & I expect the Gophers to win this game as the cream rises to the top. I hope we save that breakout shooting game for OSU.

Top Bottom