POST GAME THREAD: Gophers Get Convincing Win Over MSU

Solid win after the first two possessions. Would be interesting to see what Tyler does in practice to routinely be the go to back when someone goes down only to get outplayed by someone who would be considered deeper in the depth chart.
He fumbles.

Equal production: 200 rushing; 201 passing. 22 passing attempts; 48 rushing attempts.

Who said anything about equal production? Just the equal yardage. . If you're upset take it up with Grimm and Thompson. Or ESPN. Or MSU.

Last edited:

Defense held them down, and Offense put the opposing defense through the run game meat grinder.

And the only one with NFL, MLB, NBA, major college hockey, WNBA, NHL to dilute the sports fans' spending money.
I think that is the good and the bad of the Minneapolis sports market. In Iowa their entire sports identity is completely tied up in the fortunes of the Hawkeyes (Also one of the reasons many of them still can't get over last week's game). However, you disappoint in this market like I've heard hundreds of times after a bad performance..... OK it's time to move on to hockey season (Wild & Gophers) and recently with the San Fran win everyone jumping back on the Viking's boat. Name your option as the choices are many.

Looks like a little life beginning to show in the offense. Nubin was spectacular and a very pleasant surprise. Way to go kid. But also Ethan had not a shitty day. Greg Johnson starting was nice.

2nd half of iwoa they seemed to either kick it up a notch, or maybe things starting to come together. Still a mile from being scary, but at least (by my eyes), things look to be improving (I shut my eyes the first 2 drives).

I think that is the good and the bad of the Minneapolis sports market. In Iowa their entire sports identity is completely tied up in the fortunes of the Hawkeyes (Also one of the reasons many of them still can't get over last week's game). However, you disappoint in this market like I've heard hundreds of times after a bad performance..... OK it's time to move on to hockey season (Wild & Gophers) and recently with the San Fran win everyone jumping back on the Viking's boat. Name your option as the choices are many.
The Cyclones are nearly as big in Iowa as the Hawkeyes.

There may be a reason for Minnesotans to be disloyal front runners, but it doesn’t eliminate the fact that they are.

Were you there?
Ok. So then stop bitching. Be part of solution not the problem
Was just an observation, I can’t go to every game. Own a business and we drag race every weekend till mid October. It’s just hard to believe a winning team coming off a big was has a half full stadium. Every time this is brought up it brings a lot of butt hurt. It’s a half full tiny stadium and that’s just the way it was today.

Tough to tell from where I was sitting, but it sure looked to me like Greg Johnson was at LG more often than not

Was just an observation, I can’t go to every game. Own a business and we drag race every weekend till mid October. It’s just hard to believe a winning team coming off a big was has a half full stadium. Every time this is brought up it brings a lot of butt hurt. It’s a half full tiny stadium and that’s just the way it was today.
My comment remains

Nice win and let’s get a streak going. Attendance is embarrassing. Half full tiny ass stadium. Biggest city in the whole conference.

I take it you watched from home? It was cold as shit out there. The student section started out at .75 full by mid 1st quarter but was well under half full by the 3rd quarter. Even the beautiful people club seats saw a bunch of people sitting inside. Weather definitely had an impact.

I take it you watched from home? It was cold as shit out there. The student section started out at .75 full by mid 1st quarter but was well under half full by the 3rd quarter. Even the beautiful people club seats saw a bunch of people sitting inside. Weather definitely had an impact.
I actually was listening to the game while mowing some brush. I just heard grimmer comment 2x on how it was only half full in the first half. Maybe it filled in and it was cold outside today for sure.

Was there along with DarrenTheGreek in 211 and will take the W.

"Convincing win" is a little strong for my experience at the game as I felt we never put the dagger in MSU's football heart to have them give up.

To be fair to this and all the Gopher teams I've followed from 1997 till now. none have really ever done that (put the dagger in the other guy's football heart) with anybody (unless you count the 51-14 win over I-O-W-A when we last won Floyd), which was pretty close to that.

To just put the opponent away early and completely is just not in our football DNA. Some odd version of Minnesota Nice methinks.

Still happy though. In other words...

1698540953563.png

For sure. I got to watch that game for free. In a pool. With drinks. And I hated almost every second of that game until the final moment. I haven't had much fun watching any games this season.

I realize MSU's defense is far from dominant, but today's offense seems to be what the team's identity should be and hopefully will be...minus the turnovers, of course. A nice mix of run and play action passing with a good dose of passing on first and second down. The yardage mix ended up 200/200 run/pass, but the final three clock-draining drives skewed the run mix even higher as the Gophs didn't pass the ball their last three possessions. Good day coming off an emotional game last week.

I've had season tickets since 2012. I've been of ten coldest games at tcf/HBS I've been to 8 .

Be part of solution.

I'll be there next week
I’ll be there for the badger game. Season tickets just ain’t happening for me with the racing schedule. Glad to hear your going, have fun

Given how well Tyler did in the MAC, it might just be our scheme doesn’t fit him. He is fairly slight. J. Nubin is a battering ram. Now that there are 4 regular season games left, I wonder if we get to see Marquese Williams?
I think they need to put him as a returner for Redding. He's pretty pedestrian as a RB.

Top Bottom