***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA FLOYD OF ROSEDALE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Frankly, I'm surprised they're even trying. At most, I expected some sort of bubble with 4-5 games for TV in Indy or something. Regular bowl games are about fans and tourism money.
More than that, a lot of them are about cheap content for ESPN and their associated networks. Look at the stands for a lot of minor bowls. Under 20,000, but people watch football on TV no matter what.

Fleck overall win %: 57%; Big ten win %: 42%
Pitino overall: 54%; Big Ten: 37%

Pitino only slightly worse. Strikingly similar. By the end of this season they may be identical.
Fleck’s third year was far better than anything Pitino has ever done.

At the rate the virus is increasing, Midwest in particular, simple binary exponentiation means there is probably only a game or two left of this, tops.
Nah. People need something to watch while in lockdown.

No players or coaches have died yet. F it.

Once you’ve had it, you’re good to go.

More than that, a lot of them are about cheap content for ESPN and their associated networks. Look at the stands for a lot of minor bowls. Under 20,000, but people watch football on TV no matter what.
Yes. But all the more reason not to even pretend with the "Bowls" this year and just send everyone to a TV studio bubble.

Longest win streak in the history of the series, now belongs to Iowa.

21 of last 28?

This is not a rivalry.

This is Minnesota-Purdue. Minnesota-NW. who gives a flying F? Gophers always lose.

I know why. I've coached LBs 26 years....they aren't very good. I was excited for Oliver, but not Sari-Marin

You know more about it than I do then.
But from a quantity standpoint, Oliver, Sori-Marin, Rush. I think that's Fleck's first class.

If we are going to say 1 or 2 of them suck and the other is injured, therefore all defenders he's recruited suck, that's a bit inconsistent or at best, premature.

Do we give credit for recruiting transfers like Williamson last year or does that not count?

If you are telling me Gordon and the other redshirt freshman and true freshman also stink, and will for the next 3-4 years, great. You see things I can't predict at this point.

Yes. But all the more reason not to even pretend with the "Bowls" this year and just send everyone to a TV studio bubble.

You could literally play 75-80% of the bowls in a TV studio and it wouldn't matter.
The Fargodome is kind of like a TV studio, and isn't being used. Send them all to Fargo!

Pitino won a national title his first year and Coach of the Year in a different year. Slow down.
Is this guy talking about the JV national title like it's actually something to be proud of?

Pitino won a national title his first year and Coach of the Year in a different year. Slow down.
The Gophers were the 65th best team in the country, not National Champions. The NIT is for also-rans and cash-grabbers.

Top Bottom