Marcus Reports Mo Walker Working Cory Joseph To Package

Tubby will go with experience in the case of cojo and nolan but I still see cojo getting at least 13 minutes a game at point and shooting guard and hoff coming off the bench getting at least 13 minutes a game at shooting guard and small forward. With the depth in athletes and players who understand what Tubby wants we will have the stingiest defense in the nation and OUR PRESS OMG!

13 minutes per game for Cory! Give me a break! He gets double that and he starts from day one.

With Corey, Royce, and Trevor we would be a poor man's Kentucky, but we would have the one white kid who could hit a 3 if a team goes to the zone.

I think our starting lineup would look a lot more like:
PG: C. Joseph / Nolen
SG. D. Joseph / Hoff / Hollins
SF: P. Carter / Williams / Dawson
PF: Mbakwe / White
C: RS3 / Iverson / Walker

I'd be shocked if Royce White is starting game 1 for the Gophers next year. Even if he comes back, has everything in order, etc, there's no way Tubby let's him start at the beginning of the season, IMO.

Sorry, I should have clarified if Royce comes back to the team. BUT, if he came back to the team I still think he would start game one if he gets back in good with Tubby and shows he's ready and willing and has a lot of good practice time. If that is the case, there is no reason he should not start game one.

Hahah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Man, so much riding on Canadians right now.

If this is our team, 2nd team would absolutely demolish 1st team. No way that's our starting five, four players on your 2nd team would likely be starting.

There is no way that Nolen starts over CJ if he comes. Not after becoming ineligible last year.

Wow. Seriously. The very thought of this happening is making me too happy. I'm at work. I'm not supposed to be dancing around like this.

With Corey, Royce, and Trevor we would be a poor man's Kentucky, but we would have the one white kid who could hit a 3 if a team goes to the zone.

We would play 100 times better defense than Kentucky and have more experience, depth and leadership. Also, John Wall depends on athleticism whereas Cory depends more on skill. I don't think Kentucky would be a very good comparison, but maybe that's just me. I suppose if all you mean is that we have a good point guard and two good forwards with strength, then sure.

What I learned on GopherHole today:

- When a reporter blabs a rumor that is a potential boon to the program, everyone gets excited regardless of how realistic or substantiated the rumor is.
- When a report blabs a rumor that isn't something we want to hear, we chastise him for lack of proof or piggybacking on others' reports.

What I learned on GopherHole today:

- When a reporter blabs a rumor that is a potential boon to the program, everyone gets excited regardless of how realistic or substantiated the rumor is.
- When a report blabs a rumor that isn't something we want to hear, we chastise him for lack of proof or piggybacking on others' reports.

There's a little bit of a difference here. No wait, there's a huge difference. Rumors say Tubby is a candidate for other jobs, but Tubby has said he is not. The rumors have also taken place after each season he has been here, yet it never happens, that is why those persistent rumors are stupid. Maurice Walker has been quoted saying Minnesota and Pitt are in his top 2 and he is recruiting another player to come play for the Gophers. Why would he recruit another player to come play with him at a school that he isn't interested in? Pitt also has 0 scholarships available. Two very, very different things, but nice try.

If Royce does somehow comeback and we get Mo and CoJo arent we over scholarship? I once read somewhere that Blake had the grades to be switched over to Academic Scholarship, maybe that is what would happen? Idk just spit balling here.

No chance. Nolen offers virtually nothing offensively and Cory is a top 10 recruit who also happens to be very good defensively. Cory starts day 1, no question.

IMHO Tubby will never sit a senior over a freshman especially when the contributions will be similar. They have two different games, some of us seem to already know what cojo will do against D-1 competition. I personally just want the best point guard out here, I saw where this teams man defense went when we didn't have Nolan, its also very difficult to understand what Tubby wants out of his point guard in the beginning. With that said whatever Tubby does will be the best for the team.

13 minutes per game for Cory! Give me a break! He gets double that and he starts from day one.

I thought I said at least. If I didnt, my mistake. Im glad you guys can see into the future. Nolan has done well understanding his role and if Cory can come in and lead the big ten in steals and lock guys down then I'm all for it but if he cant do those things then Tubby dont care how sexy his game is he wont start, with that said I've heard he is a good defender but to say "Al Nolen good" is a stretch at this point

If Royce does somehow comeback and we get Mo and CoJo arent we over scholarship? I once read somewhere that Blake had the grades to be switched over to Academic Scholarship, maybe that is what would happen? Idk just spit balling here.

Can that actually be done since he has been on a bb scholarship for 3 years?

with that said I've heard he is a good defender but to say "Al Nolen good" is a stretch at this point

I can pretty much guarantee that he isn't "Al Nolen bad" on offense. Tubby recognized the difference Devoe moving to the point made for their offense, and the importance of having everyone on the floor be a threat. Al can be a useful player off the bench for a good team, but he isn't a starting point guard for a top team.

I thought I said at least. If I didnt, my mistake. Im glad you guys can see into the future. Nolan has done well understanding his role and if Cory can come in and lead the big ten in steals and lock guys down then I'm all for it but if he cant do those things then Tubby dont care how sexy his game is he wont start, with that said I've heard he is a good defender but to say "Al Nolen good" is a stretch at this point

Cory Joseph starts and gets 25-30 minutes WHEREVER he goes next year.

Can that actually be done since he has been on a bb scholarship for 3 years?

Regardless of whether it can or can't, it won't. There has been speculation that Justin Cobbs will transfer. If he does then that will free up an extra scholarship, hopefully for Royce.

Yes - if Blake qualifies, he can be placed on Academic Scholarship and not count as 1 of 13 athletic scholarships.

The rule changed several years ago to permit that.

And we haven't heard this happen to single player yet because . . . ?

Cobbs isnt going anywhere he loves his teammates and is also somewhat of a leader as a freshman.. and in all reality I dont want to see him go anywhere he can run a team

Cobbs isnt going anywhere he loves his teammates and is also somewhat of a leader as a freshman.. and in all reality I dont want to see him go anywhere he can run a team

I'm not saying I want him to transfer, just that there is speculation. I like Cobbs and think he has the potential to be a solid Big Ten point guard. To say it is not a possibility though is ignorant. After the season ended he "tweeted" (I hate that word) about whether he should stay or go. His teammates responded by telling him to take it down. This happened after there was already speculation. Not saying all of this means he will transfer, because I have no idea, just saying it's possible.

I can pretty much guarantee that he isn't "Al Nolen bad" on offense. Tubby recognized the difference Devoe moving to the point made for their offense, and the importance of having everyone on the floor be a threat. Al can be a useful player off the bench for a good team, but he isn't a starting point guard for a top team.

If Nolan would've never got suspended, then Devoe would've never started at the point, we were in a zone much more often because devoe was a defensive liability. I dont know what coach you've been watching but defenders play first(damian). People forget that when Al ran the point we went from defensive rebound to offensive transition light years faster and did not have near as many turnovers. Al had his faults but Tubby is not gonna forget what Al has done positive for this team. In the end it comes down to trust and if cojo can earn tubby's trust by the first game then more power to him

Cory Joseph is regarded as one of the best defending point guards in his class. Not only is he good on the defensive end, but he works hard too. If Nolen starts Cory will still get 20+ minutes.

Nolen lost his starting job with the academics. He is not entitled to it back. It's his fault. No way CoJo comes in and plays behind Nolen. You guys are smoking crack if you think CoJo will be sitting on anyone's bench except to catch a breather. Tubby had a star freshman point guard named Rajon Rondo. He started from day 1 and never looked back.

Also, if CoJo came here along with Trevor and Royce...all I can say is God have mercy on our opponents.

And we haven't heard this happen to single player yet because . . . ?

No idea. It's been NCAA "legal" for several years.

Need 3.4 GPA to do it. Very VERY small % of Div I players have that GPA over 1 full year, much less 3 years.

Top Bottom