Wisconsin fan sitting next to me

Sota1

Reaction score
I am a season ticket holder and had the pleasure (not) of a loud mouth badger (with a hot girlfriend) next to me last night. The kid would not shut up! After we got down 6 to start I was really not looking forward to the game. Needless to say the Gophers quickly bounced back and I was able to taunt him in friendly Gopher fashion. I was curious why this hot chick was there with him...... Until she opened her mouth. Nonsensible chatter the whole game. Thank God the Gophers came back. My question is (and maybe I am being a bit pretentious); This guy was given the tickets from a season ticket holder from who he works with. Is there any prerequisite when you give your "season tickets" to someone to say, have fun, but don't be an asshole?

Any season ticket holder that gives/sells their tickets to an opposing fan should have their tickets revoked.

One of my best friends (sadly) is a Badger fan, so I treat him to the Gopher game at Williams every season. My pre-requisite? He can't wear red & white, and most importantly he can't wear Badger gear. I was forced to add that pre-requisite after last year, when he showed up in a garish Badger outfit that made me duck my head in shame. From now on, he knows any Badger gear = no freebie to the game.

As much as it makes me wretch, I do allow him to cheer for the Badgers. He was a good soldier last night (and very quiet) when the Gophers were finishing off the beatdown.

One of my best friends (sadly) is a Badger fan, so I treat him to the Gopher game at Williams every season. My pre-requisite? He can't wear red & white, and most importantly he can't wear Badger gear. I was forced to add that pre-requisite after last year, when he showed up in a garish Badger outfit that made me duck my head in shame. From now on, he knows any Badger gear = no freebie to the game.

As much as it makes me wretch, I do allow him to cheer for the Badgers. He was a good soldier last night (and very quiet) when the Gophers were finishing off the beatdown.

You're the kind of fan I can't stand, the kind who brings his Badger "friend" to the game.

When I buy my tickets, I make sure not to tell them I am a Badgers fan. Otherwise they might not sell me their seats. I have only been challenged to one fight at Williams and I have not missed a Badgers / Gophers game there since '96, so that is not that bad.

I don't think cheering for your team is a problem in another arena. Swearing or other boorish behavior, not good.

Having your son scream, "That's another University of Wisconsin, First Down." as Clay runs up and down the field, no problem.

You're the kind of fan I can't stand, the kind who brings his Badger "friend" to the game.

Right, because lord knows, if you had any friends, they would not be dumb enough to cheer for the Badgers.

I'm surprised by your restraint. Most Gopherholers would have punched the Badger fan in the face and taken his hot girlfriend home for the night.

I surprised by your restraint. Most Gopherholers would have punched the Badger fan in the face and taken his hot girlfriend home for the night.

Simply no way a Bucky could have a hotter girlfriend that any U of M student or alumni.

Simply no way a Bucky could have a hotter girlfriend that any U of M student or alumni.

Good point. Although sometimes we find ourselves between supermodel girlfriends and have to settle for a Wisconsin 10 (Minnesota 5) or we want to spice things up and feel like we're going slumming.

Good point. Although sometimes we find ourselves between supermodel girlfriends and have to settle for a Wisconsin 10 (Minnesota 5) or we want to spice things up and feel like we're going slumming.

True. I do remember those days. However, it was prior to my tricking my wife into marrying me. I liked the face punching part though.

"You're the kind of fan I can't stand, the kind who brings his Badger 'friend' to the game."

Let me guess. You're about 2 years old?

Some things, life experiences for example, are more important than the school you cheer for. You'll figure that out some day when you outgrow your diapers and mommy doesn't have to wipe your bottom anymore.

Sounds like a good place to insert a " friends don't let Badger friends " type of remark but I can't think of a good one.

"You're the kind of fan I can't stand, the kind who brings his Badger 'friend' to the game."

SS...This one is not 2. He is a pre-pubescent 12 year old who still hugs his teddy bear, clutches his bankey, and sucks his thumb at bedtime and wets his bed. Other than that, he is very mature for his age group.

Some things, life experiences for example, are more important than the school you cheer for. You'll figure that out some day when you outgrow your diapers and mommy doesn't have to wipe your bottom anymore.

Thanks for the lecture pops. Just think, if everybody brought a Badger friend like you, we could split the barn half and half! It would be fine though, because we'd all be having good life experiences together.

It has always amazed me.......

that someone would begrudge another human being the right to come to a ball game and cheer for their team. I have had the chance to be in several opposing venues, and you know what?? They are just as proud of their team as I am of mine. They want there team to win just as much as I want mine to win, and gosh darn it, their university seems to have many fines points.....just like mine.

Boorish behavior is not good in any situation, but when you're wearing visiting colors, it's just kind of stupid, because some lubricated s***head might just clock you, and you would deserve it.

I will defend forever however, someone's right to take whomever they want to the game. That's what grown ups do with friends!

Dude. Wisconsin is a terrible state, filled with terrible cities, terrible people, etc., etc. I hate everything Wisconsin and will until the day I die. But I will give them this. They have some insanely attractive women. I saw one Wisconsin girl at the game last night that almost (almost) would have made me consider switching allegiances.

Dude. Wisconsin is a terrible state, filled with terrible cities, terrible people, etc., etc. I hate everything Wisconsin and will until the day I die. But I will give them this. They have some insanely attractive women. I saw one Wisconsin girl at the game last night that almost (almost) would have made me consider switching allegiances.

You're spending too much time with John Barleycorn.

Too many points to address...

Do some people really not realize that there are myriad factors playing into inviting someone to a game, even if they represent the opposing team?

As has already been mentioned, YES, two people can be friends from different schools and attend a game together. Matter of fact, that usually seems to cause each person to temper their "passion" a little more than they might otherwise.

Has anybody ever heard of MARKETING?! I give tickets (shows, games, etc.) to clients all the time. It comes with the territory. If I had Gopher season tickets and some clients that were Badger fans, and it meant possibly swinging the meter in landing a $4M, $6M, or $8M contract for my company, I wouldn't think twice about giving them tickets.

Lastly, it's up to YOU to make the decision about giving away tickets and who they go to. If you're not confident that that person will support their team (whether it's the home team or the opposing team, regardless) without making an ass of themselves, then I think that decision is on YOU. On the flip side, if you're given tickets by somebody who owns the seats, you should know enough to act respectfully.

I have AZ Cardinals season tickets and I've given them to a 49ers fan (for the SF game) the last two years and this year I gave the Indy game tickets to a Colts fan; I knew I didn't even have to mention that they should behave themselves among my fellow season ticket holders. Never had a problem.

Thanks for the lecture pops. Just think, if everybody brought a Badger friend like you, we could split the barn half and half! It would be fine though, because we'd all be having good life experiences together.

Sort of meaningless to tell you to grow up. Selection doesn't need me to defend him, but he's a hell of a lot more of a Gopher fan than you'll ever be. Wow, you hate the Badgers. We're all very impressed.

Sort of meaningless to tell you to grow up. Selection doesn't need me to defend him, but he's a hell of a lot more of a Gopher fan than you'll ever be. Wow, you hate the Badgers. We're all very impressed.

You seem a little insecure about this. If everyone brought a Badger friend to the game, the Barn would be 1/2 filled with Badger fans. Would you care? Seriously, would you really care if half the seats were red and white?

what are you trying to say about the barn being half badger fans? Just because one poster(who is a very respected poster) brings a badger friend to the game does not mean every Gopher fan will bring a badger fan to the game? Your being completely unrealistic and definitely not doing yourself any favors by trying to act like the alpha-gopher fan who hates every school except the Gophers. Is this Bronko's new name??

what are you trying to say about the barn being half badger fans? Just because one poster(who is a very respected poster) brings a badger friend to the game does not mean every Gopher fan will bring a badger fan to the game? Your being completely unrealistic and definitely not doing yourself any favors by trying to act like the alpha-gopher fan who hates every school except the Gophers. Is this Bronko's new name??

During the Monson years people used to give away their tickets in droves. It was embarrassing how many season ticket holders let Badger friends have their seats. Were you embarrassed to see so much red and white or maybe you didn't care?

do you blame them for giving there tickets away?? I hope Monson is successful at LBSU but his teams (except a couple) were not very good basketball teams. What exactly is your point with the past? The past, with the old coach, has nothing to do with the Gopher program under Tubby. Yeah Badger fans could get tickets into the barn (and into the dome) but it is very difficult for them to now. Unless both programs go into a free fall theres no way the barn(or tcf) will ever be half Gophers and half Badger fans.

do you blame them for giving there tickets away?? I hope Monson is successful at LBSU but his teams (except a couple) were not very good basketball teams. What exactly is your point with the past? The past, with the old coach, has nothing to do with the Gopher program under Tubby. Yeah Badger fans could get tickets into the barn (and into the dome) but it is very difficult for them to now. Unless both programs go into a free fall theres no way the barn(or tcf) will ever be half Gophers and half Badger fans.

Indiana fans have packed their place the last couple years even though they suck. If our fans were more like theirs, we might have won a few more games over the years.

I was Badger fan when I attended U of M and left a Badger fan. Terrible fairweather, ignorant fans. The only gopher sport I cheer for is baseball. Only because I was on the team.

alum...Do you mean to tell us that you don't cheer for Badger Baseball??? :banghead:

Coulda, shoulda, woulda, its all in the past you need to let it go. Indiana has the 3rd most national championships in college basketball and have had far more success in the last 10 years then we have had. When you have tradition and have gone to the tourney 6 times in the last 10 years you will have a lot of fair weather fans who will still cheer for the your team when they have a couple bad years.

Top Bottom