All Things Veritas Losing 7 Defensive Starters Thread

You are right, you never find any issue boring where you can get in there and get all outraged and pontificate. Play on expert.

PS I did not start this thread.

Pretty sure this thread was started to mock and ridicule you and your bizarre takes. Seems to be working.

What I did not spell out for you is that these people do not see themselves as adicts, they call themselves "social drinkers" because they think they only drink at social occasions, which is probably true in a sense because they define a round of golf, a business meeting, any game, and get together at all, or no get together at all as a social occasion.

Based on this, everyone I know, with the exception of those who do not drink at all, would be an alcoholic.

this thread is tied with the most recent DNC debate for worst thing I’ve ever seen.

Pretty sure this thread was started to mock and ridicule you and your bizarre takes. Seems to be working.

You must be proud to be part of this effort to "mock and ridicule". Says a lot about your values.

Last edited:

An open letter to Veritas:

Look, I know you feel like you are being attacked by the nameless, faceless bullies on Gopherhole. And you have this need to defend your honor and go after each and every one of them (myself included).

But you have to understand on some level, that this thread will die a merciful and long overdue death the moment you do what you claimed you were going to do about 75 posts ago (many of which are yours) and just stop replying.

You have already made the assumption that most of us are drunks so stop caring about what we think of you and just let it go. If you do, this thread will quickly slide down the main page until it vanishes into the long list of long abandoned threads, never to be seen again.

Or just keep on replying, ensuring that this thread continues to live on in this wasteland that is the off season where there is little else to discuss until spring ball gets going. Choice is yours and yours alone.

An open letter to Veritas:

Look, I know you feel like you are being attacked by the nameless, faceless bullies on Gopherhole. And you have this need to defend your honor and go after each and every one of them (myself included).

But you have to understand on some level, that this thread will die a merciful and long overdue death the moment you do what you claimed you were going to do about 75 posts ago (many of which are yours) and just stop replying.

You have already made the assumption that most of us are drunks so stop caring about what we think of you and just let it go. If you do, this thread will quickly slide down the main page until it vanishes into the long list of long abandoned threads, never to be seen again.

Or just keep on replying, ensuring that this thread continues to live on in this wasteland that is the off season where there is little else to discuss until spring ball gets going. Choice is yours and yours alone.

How so? I did not ask you or anyone to post on this thread started by someone else. You and they have the problem about what I posted in the first place. Just like with the drinking problem, you just can not stop the need to "ridicule and mock" as discochris so elequently posted above. So concise, yet inadvertantly, revealing.

PS I see your "Drinking Boys" colleagues have started another string to cover the same topics. Please note it was not started by "me and me alone".

Last edited:

How so? I did not ask you or anyone to post on this thread started by someone else. You and they have the problem about what I posted in the first place. Just like with the drinking problem, you just can not stop the need to "ridicule and mock" as discochris so elequently posted above. So concise, yet inadvertantly, revealing.

PS I see your "Drinking Boys" colleagues have started another string to cover the same topics. Please note it was not started by "me and me alone".

Wow....you completely missed the point of my post. Oh well, looks like this thread is destined to live on, because you clearly don't understand you have ability to end it by just walking away.

Methinks that Veritas came here to complain about drunks and standing, thinking he would have a sympathetic audience. Not realizing that we are a diverse group, and that many of us have been hoping for years that the Gophers would be good enough, and popular enough, to change the atmosphere and image of Gopher football games into something more than a place for his Washburn-Mcreavy demographic to gather. This seemed to puzzle him.

But then, he pushed it farther with his strange accusations that he's become basically a joke for posters to toy with. A real life caricature of the "Old Man Yells at Cloud" meme from the Simpsons.

Veritas is either genuinely an old, crotchety, judgmental, holier-than-thou asshole or a 20-something pretending to be an old, crotchety, judgmental, holier-than-thou asshole - with the latter being far more likely than the former. In either circumstance - why is he allowed to continue posting here?

Veritas is either genuinely an old, crotchety, judgmental, holier-than-thou asshole or a 20-something pretending to be an old, crotchety, judgmental, holier-than-thou asshole - with the latter being far more likely than the former. In either circumstance - why is he allowed to continue posting here?
Veritas is just one of my burner accounts

Why are you allowed to post here? Ignorant, judgemental, always angry and a holier-than-thou loud mouth? You and the rest of the Drunken Boys have been working hard towards your goal of getting me banned ever since I dared to imply that you can not control your drinking. It is possible you will succeed in that goal of yours, but it is also possible that management loves the hits you are generating in your rage. Heck, they might even find your demand ridiculous.

Why are you allowed to post here? Ignorant, judgemental, always angry and a holier-than-thou loud mouth? You and the rest of the Drunken Boys have been working hard towards your goal of getting me banned ever since I dared to imply that you can not control your drinking. It is possible you will succeed in that goal of yours, but it is also possible that management loves the hits you are generating in your rage. Heck, they might even find your demand ridiculous.

Let's get back to how you feel about "the left" and minorities sharing the same drinking fountains as the "pure whites"

This has to be a schtick - some disaffected youth, doing a poor imitation of an angry boomer.

And before I get painted with the broad brush - 23 years clean and sober.

Why are you allowed to post here?

I'm allowed to post here because I actually contribute something of value to the board. I'm more than happy to post a poll asking which of us the board would like to stop posting here, if you're man enough to step up for it.

Ignorant, judgemental, always angry and a holier-than-thou loud mouth?

I'm about as far from ignorant as one could be, and certainly much smarter than you. The fact that you would even post that shows how terrible of a poster you are. I'm certainly judgmental and probably a bit of a loudmouth, but rarely angry and the complete opposite of holier-than-thou.

You and the rest of the Drunken Boys have been working hard towards your goal of getting me banned ever since I dared to imply that you can not control your drinking.

In any given calendar year, I have a grand total of 10-12 alcoholic beverages combined. I guess that makes me a "Drunken Boy." I can control my drinking quite easily, and if for some reason I had to swear off alcohol entirely for the rest of my life, I would have zero difficulty in doing so.

I've hated your posts and your message board character for much longer than you even said anything about drinking. The fact that you've been allowed to continue this garbage for 700+ posts is absolutely mind-boggling. I guess the owners and moderators of the board really are asleep at the wheel.

I'm allowed to post here because I actually contribute something of value to the board. I'm more than happy to post a poll asking which of us the board would like to stop posting here, if you're man enough to step up for it.

I'm about as far from ignorant as one could be, and certainly much smarter than you. The fact that you would even post that shows how terrible of a poster you are. I'm certainly judgmental and probably a bit of a loudmouth, but rarely angry and the complete opposite of holier-than-thou.

In any given calendar year, I have a grand total of 10-12 alcoholic beverages combined. I guess that makes me a "Drunken Boy." I can control my drinking quite easily, and if for some reason I had to swear off alcohol entirely for the rest of my life, I would have zero difficulty in doing so.

I've hated your posts and your message board character for much longer than you even said anything about drinking. The fact that you've been allowed to continue this garbage for 700+ posts is absolutely mind-boggling. I guess the owners and moderators of the board really are asleep at the wheel.

Delighted to hear your view that you can control your drinking. Run any poll you think you want. I have no desire to prevent anyone from speaking within the confines of the law. That is basic free speech. But, I am free to post my thoughts about the Gophers and Gopher games as well. Have a nice day or not. In your particular case, I'm not optomistic. You seem to be an angry jerk.

To humor us?

Enough! End this thread - it makes a mockery of Gopherhole and all its users. I come here for reasonable discussion, observation and perhaps some hope that Gophers can be Good again.

Enough! End this thread - it makes a mockery of Gopherhole and all its users. I come here for reasonable discussion, observation and perhaps some hope that Gophers can be Good again.

Veritas doesn't represent all of Gopherhole.

Not a big fan of this complaint. Don't click on the thread if you don't like it. It really is that simple. 237 posts in this thread and counting. Seems that some are enjoying it even if it is a trainwreck (and maybe because it is a trainwreck).

I'm pretty sure we're past "hoping" that the Gophers can be good again. Didn't we finish 11-2 this past season?

Rediculous demands?? Like sitting all game long... Sober

Top Bottom