Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

What also hurts a bit with DB recruiting is JUCO is an excellent place to get quick fixes there. Probably the most deep position you see JUCOs produce. But because their signing day is way earlier, most are off the board

The unknowns with the secondary are whether Winfield Jr and Shenault will be back next year and the severity of Durr's injury. If Shenault is re-instated and if Durr has fully recovered by fall camp, I think we will be okay at CB. Kiondre Thomas is supposed to be on par with Durr, so a rotation of Durr, Shenault, Thomas, Creamer, and 1 more should be solid. Probably not as good as we've had the past few years, but okay with the potential to be outstanding when they are upperclassmen. I'm also willing to be that either Douglas or Estes wind up at CB eventually.

Shenault I think has a good chance of being reinstated although was our weakest CB who saw significant time all year. Durr I think is unlikely although depends in part on type of meniscus surgery. I don't see how u can say that our CB situation will be "solid" with 3 freshmen (1 redshirt) even with the presence of those two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about a graduate transfer or two for CB? Could be something up Fleck's sleeve along these lines.

What about a graduate transfer or two for CB? Could be something up Fleck's sleeve along these lines.

Rucker was mentioned as a possibility. No word on the interest of this though.

The unknowns with the secondary are whether Winfield Jr and Shenault will be back next year and the severity of Durr's injury. If Shenault is re-instated and if Durr has fully recovered by fall camp, I think we will be okay at CB. Kiondre Thomas is supposed to be on par with Durr, so a rotation of Durr, Shenault, Thomas, Creamer, and 1 more should be solid. Probably not as good as we've had the past few years, but okay with the potential to be outstanding when they are upperclassmen. I'm also willing to be that either Douglas or Estes wind up at CB eventually.

Estes most likely being a CB is a really good point and one I forgot, so thanks for bringing that up. Douglas looks to be far superior at CB as opposed to WR, but I get the feeling that he really wants to play WR.

So if we end up with Creamer, Beck, Estes/Douglas, and 1 more CB that's about as good as anyone could expect at this stage of the game. It would also be one of our higher rated groups of CBs in a while I imagine.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

That Mizzou recruiting class is getting raided. To your longships, gentlemen!

I wonder if all these visitors committed elsewhere with nice offer lists do anything for Spoofin.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Don't be surprised if Beck isn't the only DB recruit we try to poach from Miss St. There will likely be 1 more visiting real soon.

Top Bottom