KiAnte Hardin, Ray Buford, Dior Johnson -- served with restraining orders, won't play

Will the restraining order run through the rest of the season (for home games)?

Find out Tuesday.

Looking at posts from actual lawyers; it really depends on what job the plaintiff does in the stadium, and if there is a way to keep her and the players involved separated. GopherCouchCoach can elaborate.

Find out Tuesday.

Looking at posts from actual lawyers; it really depends on what job the plaintiff does in the stadium, and if there is a way to keep her and the players involved separated. GopherCouchCoach can elaborate.

40-50,000 people in close vicinity. I think the "victim"? can be assured of safety and no harassment.

Here is some context from the Pioneer Press:

"The restraining orders stem from a Minneapolis Police Department investigation into a Sept. 2 incident that included allegations of sexual assault. At least one of the restraining orders alleges sharing of explicit recordings of the encounter."

So someone recorded the incident then shared it with his buddies (in this case likely the 6 players). If someone records a rape (allegedly) as it happens, isn't that a crime? Sharing the recorded (alleged) rape likely is not a crime, but definitely in poor judgement.

Again, if there is video evidence I find it hard to believe the police would not have a solid case to move forward. If true, that brings the entire episode onto question.

To the second issue, recording someone whether voice or video without consent is illegal her in CA. In MN I do not know. Distributing illicit material seems like it would be a crime in all 50 states. If that happened seems like the police would have charged the guilty person.

Then why wasn't Bierman on the RO?

Further fuels the retribution theory. If she is using the RO's for retribution, maybe she doesn't care too much about Bierman and hitting them with TCF on game day was good enough.

Also maybe they are in Bierman at different times and or places.

I don't buy the different times at Bierman, there's a players lounge where players can be at can be at anytime, it's also where they meet their tutors.

I don't buy the different times at Bierman, there's a players lounge where players can be at can be at anytime, it's also where they meet their tutors.

And the Spirit Squads are pert of the athletic program, so they have the same access to the lounge & tutors.

If it were someone on the spirit squad, wouldn't they be travelling to Illinois and require a RO at Memorial Stadium?

KiAnte Hardin, Ray Buford, Dior Johnson -- served with restraining orders, wo...

It was a cheerleader.

If a cheerleader then how come they can play in road games and not home games? They cheer on the road as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a cheerleader then how come they can play in road games and not home games? They cheer on the road as well.

Not all Cheerleaders go to away games. We're not explaining this again. Look next time you're at a home game, do you see 25 cheerleaders of the other team? No, they get just one corner of the stadium. And guess what, this girl will never be road tripping representing the University of Minnesota. Done deal.

There are three different cheer squads. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but along with the dance team, they rotate which group goes to each away game, and only take about 6 from the particular group. I also believe they travel separately from the team.

If you were a cheerleader who was allegedly gang raped by the football team, would you want to keep cheering that team on? Stinks of retribution.

If you were a cheerleader who was allegedly gang raped by the football team, would you want to keep cheering that team on? Stinks of retribution.

There is no allegedly being gang raped by members of the Gophers football team. It is supposed to be about a recruit, an alleged rape of a female University student involved in game day operations (alleged to be a cheerleader), and some video taping by some individuals involved with the team about the incident. All of this stuff is allegedly and accusations, let's not start talking about this situation like it is all fact. The only thing we really know for sure is there was a suspension of four players by the football program for a violation of team rules. This week there was an HRO filing and a restraining order filed against six players that are members of the football team that barred them from the stadium and their living situations and there is a hearing this week.
Let's just say we don't really know anything, none of us were there and everything we say about it is just gossip and a lot of talk about not really knowing much. This stuff is serious business, probably a real distraction and has been disruptive to a lot of people's lives on the football team and the University community itself. Let the process play out, and let's not make statements that keep stoking the fires of gossip and innuendo. Let the courts and the professionals do their jobs. These are not children, adults need to make better decisions.

KiAnte Hardin, Ray Buford, Dior Johnson -- served with restraining orders, wo...

Not all Cheerleaders go to away games. We're not explaining this again. Look next time you're at a home game, do you see 25 cheerleaders of the other team? No, they get just one corner of the stadium. And guess what, this girl will never be road tripping representing the University of Minnesota. Done deal.

Actually it looks like u did explain it again and I thank u as I missed it the first time(s) it was explained. If it was such an issue for u to type it again why did u bother? Thanks again, but what an a$$....

There is no allegedly being gang raped by members of the Gophers football team. It is supposed to be about a recruit, an alleged rape of a female University student involved in game day operations (alleged to be a cheerleader), and some video taping by some individuals involved with the team about the incident. All of this stuff is allegedly and accusations, let's not start talking about this situation like it is all fact. The only thing we really know for sure is there was a suspension of four players by the football program for a violation of team rules. This week there was an HRO filing and a restraining order filed against six players that are members of the football team that barred them from the stadium and their living situations and there is a hearing this week.
Let's just say we don't really know anything, none of us were there and everything we say about it is just gossip and a lot of talk about not really knowing much. This stuff is serious business, probably a real distraction and has been disruptive to a lot of people's lives on the football team and the University community itself. Let the process play out, and let's not make statements that keep stoking the fires of gossip and innuendo. Let the courts and the professionals do their jobs. These are not children, adults need to make better decisions.

My post very clearly said allegedly, so not sure what in my post would be considered fact?
In any event, of something happened to a cheerleader and she was angry at multiple players, I just wonder why she would still want to cheer for them? If Tracy stole my sandwich and insulted me, I probably would give up my tickets.

My post very clearly said allegedly, so not sure what in my post would be considered fact?
In any event, of something happened to a cheerleader and she was angry at multiple players, I just wonder why she would still want to cheer for them? If Tracy stole my sandwich and insulted me, I probably would give up my tickets.

That would have to be some sandwich.

Thanks for clarifying.

40-50,000 people in close vicinity. I think the "victim"? can be assured of safety and no harassment.

If the posts on this board are representative of those 40-50,000 people, I think she'd be in mortal danger should her identity become known.

If the posts on this board are representative of those 40-50,000 people, I think she'd be in mortal danger should her identity become known.

I'd be interested in what post you saw that could be interpreted as threatening. Of course we both know there weren't any. Go away.

If there is a video, at least they didn't post it to Twitter. Baby steps...

Let's say that happened as you say ..... why would this hypothetical person stop cheering for the rest of the team?

Maybe her attitude is **** these guys i'm not changing my life for them....

Let's say that happened as you say ..... why would this hypothetical person stop cheering for the rest of the team?

I agree, and that should be her outlook.

Yeah, that's a good point. My take was probably not very good.

Top Bottom