***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS TCU FROGS IN GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!***

There might be issues with receivers and the offensive line, but honestly, Mitch cannot throw. I thought he attended the Payton Manning academy, not the Brad Johnson academy. It can't be the easiest thing catching an end over end throw that is 2 steps behind.

Lots of things that could have gone our way, but didn't. Learn from it and move on.

Williams fumble, inconsistency in the refs, terrible blocking, bad throws, dropped passes. In no way do I love Leidner, but he is not the only issue on offense.

Lots of things that could have gone our way, but didn't. Learn from it and move on.

Williams fumble, inconsistency in the refs, terrible blocking, bad throws, dropped passes. In no way do I love Leidner, but he is not the only issue on offense.

This is spot on.

I gave Mitch the benefit of the doubt the entire game, but that last "drive" was devastatingly disappointing. You need to rise to the occasion.

Completely agree with you. I came to my computer at halftime ready to tear into him, but thought better of it, hoping he could turn it around the second half. The game is now over, and he looks about every bit as bad as he was last year. How can you be a D-1 QB and not be able to throw anything close to a spiral on most of your passes? How can he miss so many receives by so much? How can our other QBs be so bad as to not even challenge him?

How big did that Williams fumble inside of the 5 end up being?

Lauer whiffing and giving up Leidner's blindside was also a back breaker.

it wasn't all on Leidner. But, the huge, signature, recruit attracting victory was there on a silver platter. Mediocre QB play, heck maybe even below average QB play, wins that game.

But, on the bright-side, how exciting is this defense, and Rodney Smith? It's going to be a good year.

You thought he was worse than below average? It wasn't good, but man, he didn't get a lot of help either.

There might be issues with receivers and the offensive line, but honestly, Mitch cannot throw. I thought he attended the Payton Manning academy, not the Brad Johnson academy. It can't be the easiest thing catching an end over end throw that is 2 steps behind.
Yup, Mitch's throwing is still a big problem, but Smith looked great, so did JK, some of the younger receivers and the D did the U proud. 23-17 is way better than I expected.

They just showed the replay on BTN of that 3rd and 4 incomplete pass in the 3rd quarter when Carter was tackled before the ball got there. I'm still pissed about that. That and the Maye PI are simply awful calls/no calls.

The Good

Rodney Smith is a difference maker
Julian Huff is a difference maker
Rashad Still will be a nice vertical threat
Woz should be good
The offensive line, save for an injured Lauer,played ok against some very good defensive linemen.
Poock, when in the game seemed to play well.
The up tempo offense. Really nice to see and it will win us a game or two this year.

The Bad

Rodrick was just ok
The decision to start Lauer on the blind side.
Theiren didn't contain we'll on that Boykin TD run
WR drops didn't help Mitch out

The Ugly

Limegrover for the majority of the game
Mitch had a bad game save for that 4th quarter drive. I've never seen announcers rip apart a player like that. Streveler mat have given us a better chance to win tonight.
Clock management by the coaching staff
The referres were GD awful. Sorry but some of the calls, I just...

Completely agree with you. I came to my computer at halftime ready to tear into him, but thought better of it, hoping he could turn it around the second half. The game is now over, and he looks about every bit as bad as he was last year. How can you be a D-1 QB and not be able to throw anything close to a spiral on most of your passes? How can he miss so many receives by so much? How can our other QBs be so bad as to not even challenge him?

In the last two drives (with that last having no TOs) Mitch was 6 of 8 for 74 yards and had a 6 yard run behind a cobbled together OLine.

He's not going to be a 70% completion guy, but he's our guy for the rest of the season.

You thought he was worse than below average? It wasn't good, but man, he didn't get a lot of help either.

Rewatch that first half.... It was brutal.

I'm not putting it squarely on Mitch. There were other mistakes, clearly. But, that's the thing: Every team will inevitably have mistakes in other facets. Boykin did enough to overcome theirs. You can't ask all three phases to go mistake free every week. But, you can ask the QB to make a play to help out every once in a while. It's not illegal.

The key to this year is the O-line.

If they can open up some holes and get Rodney Smith 100 per game, Mitch being Mitch can work.

TCU won that game because they have a quarterback and we don't. If we had one, that's our game.

TCU's defensive line was also much better than our O line. Showed our O line needs to step up. We need Campion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theiren didn't contain we'll on that Boykin TD run

Huh? He did exactly what a DE is supposed to do, he moved upfield and the run was turned into the teeth of the D. Carter read it going outside for some reason, and Boykin but it back in for the TD.

Vikings win the Super Bowl in '98 if Johnson played instead of Cunningham in the playoffs.

True but he still sucks. Can't pass and can't make a play with his feet unless Moses parts the Red Sea.

I can't believe how many people have left the game. I know the chances are very small, but we're one mistake away from winning this game. You've sat there for 4 hours, why not stick around for another 15 minutes?
Because my wife is 9 months pregnant (she was at the game with me and quite a trooper) and has to work tomorrow? :(

Leidner was a disappointment- expected. Rodrick was a disappointment - unexpected. Rodney Smith and Still will be good. D is amazing.

Still a good shot at 10-2 or 9-3.

Huh? He did exactly what a DE is supposed to do, he moved upfield and the run was turned into the teeth of the D. Carter read it going outside for some reason, and Boykin but it back in for the TD.

Let me quote you:STFU

Just kidding. I'll have to back and look at that. Not how o remembered it but I could be wrong.

Murray bit hard on that, and boykin made the correct cut

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leidner was a disappointment- expected. Rodrick was a disappointment - unexpected. Rodney Smith and Still will be good. D is amazing.

Carter as well. Really liked what I saw out of him.

Vikings win the Super Bowl in '99 if Johnson played instead of Cunningham in the playoffs.

Wow...I've read some things on the board that make me scratch my head...but this one. Congrats, you've reached a new level.

That's the quote of the night.

If Mitch could just throw himself a TD pass...

D looked really good. Leidner is just garbage. Next.

What do you expect out of our quarterback? He's not gonna be a Heisman candidate. It's not gonna get much better than 19-35 for 200 yards.

Go watch Ruddock instead.

Top Bottom