All things TCU

When does the 2-Deep get published? I expected that by now. Did I miss it? Also, I would love a version that only lists the players initials and jersey number (I kid)

Usually it is Thursday evening. With a Thursday game it will be tonight if the normal schedule is followed. JK may wait until the last possible second though for this game.

In a bit of gamesmanship, I believe JK said early in camp that he wouldn't be providing one until the last minute. Lots of us want to know, but we may not get it until tomorrow or even game day. Inconvenient for the broadcasters, but if JK is looking for any edge he can get, I'm for it.

Usually it is Thursday evening. With a Thursday game it will be tonight if the normal schedule is followed. JK may wait until the last possible second though for this game.

Thanks!

I'm a little amazed on how many TCU fans think they will put up 40+ on the Gophers. As has been well documented, even after 5 turnovers the Gophers only gave up 30 to TCU on the road last year. The Gophers also only gave up 31 to Ohio State. With most of the defense returning, and a secondary that matches up well with TCU's receivers, and an entire offseason to study TCU's offense, the Gophers aren't giving up 40.

I agree. Frogs will score 50.

For the record, I don't disagree with any of the posts regarding the Minnesota defense--was just elaborating on the relatively widespread TCU-fan-expectation of 40+ points. The Gophs' secondary is stout and will be a real challenge for TCU. I, maybe naively, am buying in big time on our offense hitting the ground running, though. My prediction is something right around the spread like 41-24 or 41-27 with Leidner showing some improved accuracy, but just not enough to keep up in the second half. If the TCU offense is rusty, then I think it's a dog fight in the 24-31 point range for both teams.

I was expecting Patterson to release the depth chart immediately before or after his press conference today and checked in over here to see if Kill had released his. Classic coach gamesmanship going on, it seems. Patterson is up there with Leach in terms of gamesmanship, paranoia, and superstition (tie the shoes, hitch the pants, etc.; story is one time a bus driver took a different-than-routine route from the TCU campus to DFW airport for an away game and he made the driver turn around, go back to campus and start over).

Its not surprising. They don't really respect MN's D. That said I don't blame them because to them it's MN and not a helmet school they should respect. Remember they put up 48 on Texas, 42 on Okie State, 40+ on Ole Miss and 80+ on Tech. In their mind if their offense plays well they SHOULD put up 40+ on anyone

Well, Ole Miss was the best scoring defense in the country last year. And we had 42 about 5 minutes into the second half. So, yeah, if we play well, we can put up 40 on anyone.

For the record, I don't disagree with any of the posts regarding the Minnesota defense--was just elaborating on the relatively widespread TCU-fan-expectation of 40+ points. The Gophs' secondary is stout and will be a real challenge for TCU. I, maybe naively, am buying in big time on our offense hitting the ground running, though. My prediction is something right around the spread like 41-24 or 41-27 with Leidner showing some improved accuracy, but just not enough to keep up in the second half. If the TCU offense is rusty, then I think it's a dog fight in the 24-31 point range for both teams.

I was expecting Patterson to release the depth chart immediately before or after his press conference today and checked in over here to see if Kill had released his. Classic coach gamesmanship going on, it seems. Patterson is up there with Leach in terms of gamesmanship, paranoia, and superstition (tie the shoes, hitch the pants, etc.; story is one time a bus driver took a different-than-routine route from the TCU campus to DFW airport for an away game and he made the driver turn around, go back to campus and start over).

Take that 5 turnovers from last year down to none to 2 and the high scoring expectations of TCU fans may not be met. That should mean the Gopher Offense will be on the field a lot more and TCU will have to start many of those drives deep in their own territory. That doesn't add up to scoring 40 plus points.

Can't wait for the speculation to end and the game to begin.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for posting that. Wonder if he sees anyone scoring less than 40 on the Frogs? Guess he has them going 14-0, unless after 10-12 wins they just go ahead and give them the National Title..

#2 team. Not exactly far fetched. I think it's funny all you Canadians think that it should be close and anyone picking TCU in a blowout is disrespectful.

#2 team. Not exactly far fetched. I think it's funny all you Canadians think that it should be close and anyone picking TCU in a blowout is disrespectful.

You mean the same experts who picked the Frogs to finish 7th in the Big 12 last year? Keep trying. You might get somebody to bite..

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/college-confidential-blog/article32973969.html

Boykin passed for 300.1 yards per game last season, and 258 yards and two touchdowns against the Gophers. Minnesota returns a veteran secondary led by Briean Boddy-Calhoun and Eric Murray. Boddy-Calhoun had five interceptions as an all-Big 10 first-team pick. Murray was a second-team all-conference pick. Minnesota held opponents to 193.5 yards passing a game last season.

75 Tackles made by Minnesota linebacker De’Vondre Campbell, who is on the Butkus Award Watch list.
Minnesota running game vs. the TCU linebackers

The Frogs must replace the top two tacklers in their 4-2-5 defense, Paul Dawson and Marcus Mallet. True freshmen Mike Freeze and Alec Dunham could fill those roles along with junior Sammy Douglas. While the Frogs are green, so is Minnesota in the backfield. Texas native Rodney Williams is a senior, but he has just 707 yards in his career. Redshirt freshman Rodney Smith could be the workhorse.

TCU co-offensive coordinator Sonny Cumbie called the plays for a Texas Tech team that beat Minnesota 34-31 in the 2012 Meineke Car Care Bowl. The Red Raiders rolled up 429 yards in that game.

I know there are 2 other gopherholers posting on killer frogs. Nice work being welcoming and knowledgable. I am sure they appreciate our insight and local recommendations.
I'm sure most gophers are with me in I can't find a reason to dislike these fans. They are too similar to us and there seems to be a mutual respect. Never gonna happen, but I would love to see more games with TCU.

I know there are 2 other gopherholers posting on killer frogs. Nice work being welcoming and knowledgable. I am sure they appreciate our insight and local recommendations.
I'm sure most gophers are with me in I can't find a reason to dislike these fans. They are too similar to us and there seems to be a mutual respect. Never gonna happen, but I would love to see more games with TCU.

Don't think Patterson and Kill will let it happen, unfortunately. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the CFP or bowls (though the B1G and Big 12 are short on common bowl partners these days).

Flying up to Minneapolis late tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the hospitality around here the past few weeks, I've enjoyed learning more about the Gophers and expectations for this year -- good luck Thursday night and win 'em all...starting next week, please. This has been a great home-and-home series. If you ever find yourselves in North Texas in fall, feel free to drop on by the Horned Frog tailgates; you're welcome any time.

Great to hear.

When I tried to post, I hit a big Paywall, but I guess I must have missed something simple.

Usually Gopherhole Posters put a lot out there when it is an easy no pay registration, and I have seen only 2 or 3 Gopher fans on that board, including the guy that claimed a couple of things that were 15 years out of date. If it was easy, 20 Gopherolers would have helped correct it.

Sorry if posted....

TCU will be missing two defensive players on Thursday night at Minnesota, coach Gary Patterson said Tuesday, but he did not reveal who or why.

“You’ll find out when we get to game time,” Patterson said.

A depth chart released late Tuesday night did not have the names of defensive end James McFarland or cornerback DeShawn Raymond. McFarland led the team in sacks last year with seven and was the defensive MVP of the Peach Bowl.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...university/article33302283.html#storylink=cpy

Senior DE & sack leader missing? Already thin DB corps down one more? Anyone think this would bode well for our "overmatched" offense?

Senior DE & sack leader missing? Already thin DB corps down one more? Anyone think this would bode well for our "overmatched" offense?

No. Frogs reload on defense every year. Patterson is the best defensive mind in college football. This unit will be the fastest defense you'll see all year.

No. Frogs reload on defense every year. Patterson is the best defensive mind in college football. This unit will be the fastest defense you'll see all year.

No. Close second fastest to Ohio State who we will face twice this year.

Not sure what the speed of your D has to do with my post. Doesn't every college team need to reload each year? Most teams would generally experience a drop-off if a returning senior sack leader was out. Guess for you that's an upgrade.

Pay him no attention. He seems to be the most insecure fan, up there with Dance4Raiders. Every aspect of TCU is better this year. Everything is addition by subtraction... Or so he claims.

Pay him no attention. He seems to be the most insecure fan, up there with Dance4Raiders. Every aspect of TCU is better this year. Everything is addition by subtraction... Or so he claims.

D won't be as good early. Minnesota has a trash offense though.

Top Bottom