Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Not that we were interested anymore but Anthony McKee committed to Pitt today.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

“Minnesota is a big school,” Register said. “It’s like going to New York City when coming from Lafayette. There’s skyscrapers everywhere, the fans, there’s like 100,000 people in there and ESPN every week, week in and week out.”

100,000 and ESPN every week? Glad he's enthusiastic...

Snow in El Paso today. Ground is white - might make Minnesota look a little better for Rashad Still. 34 degrees in El Paso now, low of 24 tonight.

In Minneapolis, NOAA is forecasting a little snow or sleet on Friday with a high of 39 and high of 36 Saturday and 33 on Sunday.

Go Gophers!!

With all TJ's accolades, why is not rated by the scouting services? And why doesn't he have more offers?

I like Skelton's tape better than Register's. Kid looks athletic, great hands, and adjusts to the ball very well.

per Sid:

• Asked about his 2015 football recruiting class, Kill believes it will be good but adds, “the next nine days are crucial as we try to hold on to the players we have until the signing date [Feb. 3].”

The Gophers are beating out some good schools for players, including the latest signee, wide receiver Hunter Register from Comeaux High School in Lafayette, La., who several Division I schools will be after until signing day. Kill returned Thursday from recruiting all over the country.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/289525281.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• Asked about his 2015 football recruiting class, Kill believes it will be good but adds, “the next nine days are crucial as we try to hold on to the players we have until the signing date [Feb. 3].”

The Gophers are beating out some good schools for players, including the latest signee, wide receiver Hunter Register from Comeaux High School in Lafayette, La., who several Division I schools will be after until signing day. Kill returned Thursday from recruiting all over the country.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/289525281.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Several Division 1 offers like Louisiana-Lafayette and Memphis?

I causally watch the star ratings but put a lot more stock in Kill & Co. ability to identify quality student athletes than any rating or recruiting services.

With all TJ's accolades, why is not rated by the scouting services? And why doesn't he have more offers?

His speed may be questionable: 200m- 23.87, 400m.-52.85. I thought I saw somewhere a 100m time of 11.8 but I can't seem to locate that anymore.

I causally watch the star ratings but put a lot more stock in Kill & Co. ability to identify quality student athletes than any rating or recruiting services.

+1. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at this kid, I have the same questions. He could be the best "under the radar guy" of Kill's career - seriously. Watching his HUDL tape and also seeing what he did in the GA vs FL all-star game, my guess would be that he put all his efforts into basketball but found out that football is his game. It seems to happen a lot in the skill positions. Seeing his break-away speed on tape (I have no knowledge of the speed of opposing secondaries), I see him as a KJ Maye type of receiver. By that I mean someone with speed and instinct to either get open or work back to the QB in high pressure situations. Hoping he's Golden especially after he's finding out that he's not #Play4Brew :cool:

Go Gophers!!

Just saw on Rivals that McKinley is getting some Notre Dame interest. I don't subscribe, but I just saw a "latest news".

New name at safety for Notre Dame
01/23/2015 IrishIllustrated.com
Notre Dame made contact with a new safety target on Thursday. It's one who is committed to another school.

http://247sports.com/Player/McKinley-Whitfield-58801

I know nothing about this, nor the Gophers plan for him, but I find it interesting that a new recruit AJ Smiley has been added to the visit schedule for January 30th. Can anyone confirm (or deny) what i found?

Top Bottom