Hey Tubby Haters!!!!

Parski1

Banned
Reaction score
My team just beat #8...What do ya think of me now!!

Sincerely,
Tubby Smith

Well ... to be fair, the team is still 1-3 in the league. But it sure feels a lot better than 0-4!!

Time to go on a run. Huge win. Thank you Joe Coleman for making clutch free throws.

Looked good, all players want to go to the hoop, didn't see that last year.

My team just beat #8...What do ya think of me now!!

Great win, gives them hope going forward, but they have to win 6-7 more just to make the NIT.

Hey, if Doogie says games against Iowa don't count, games against Iowa don't count. :cool02:

I LOL'd

I wouldn't get all hyped yet. What we did was put ourselves back in position to have a shot at NCAAs. But this win means very little if it isn't followed up with similar performances during the rest of conference play (starting with not letting down against PSU)

Tubby gets a huge win...tho I credit the grit of the players hitting to the boards more than any coaching Tubby did tonight.

Coleman shoulda been playing all season....

Moses87 said:
Tubby gets a huge win...tho I credit the grit of the players hitting to the boards more than any coaching Tubby did tonight.

Lol

I called this in the chat.
EDT:
Not this specifically, just Tubby getting no credit.

yes Tubby haters Tubby has been vindicated! his team has now only lost 14 out of the last 16 conference games.

tubby is still in the dog house for me, but he did a lot better tonight. Using his time-outs wisely instead of letting the other team go on a big run, not subbing like it is a hockey game, and leaving players like coleman and hollins in when they were hot.

gopheraschells said:
tubby is still in the dog house for me, but he did a lot better tonight. Using his time-outs wisely instead of letting the other team go on a big run, not subbing like it is a hockey game, and leaving players like coleman and hollins in when they were hot.

The time outs were huge tonight.

Great game for the players as well as Tubby. I really hope Tubby coaches the way he did tonight for the rest of the season. It's nice when he actally calls a timeout when the other team is on a run and their crowd is getting into it. Subbing was better tonight as well.

Gold Vision said:
The time outs were huge tonight.
Hopefully he's out of most of the Gopherholer's doghouses after this game.

Nice win for the Gophs. No doubt about that.

But, it's one game. I want to see this club come up with two good performances back-to-back, and then I may start becoming more optimistic. Was it true progress, or was it a team playing out of its head for one night? And there were still moments that make me cringe - at least 2 turnovers on out-of-bounds plays, for example. Positives - A. Hollins going hard to the basket - Eliason battling inside - Maverick and Chip with some points off the bench - Coleman showing poise with his FT's down the stretch. Negatives - Welch missing more key FT's - he just looks like it's in his head now. Oto had some spooky moments with ball-handling, and his only outside shot was a brick.

Let's see what the next game brings before we declare Tubby to be out of Fido's domicile.

So the last 13 out of 15 don't count

Just one win and all is forgiven

The core is the sophomore group to be:

EE, Huge Mo, Joe, Dre, Oto. Formitable group.

3 future juniors, not as talented, but tried and battle scared.

3 senoirs assuming Williams is smart enough to understand the necessity of guaranteed money. 2 of the 3 are solid, hopefully the 3rd can provide minutes in case of foul trouble.

I like both new recruits and we have three tenders the following year.

2013 recruiting class needs a C and PG to provide quality minutes.

The core is the sophomore to be group:
EE, Huge Mo, Joe, Dre, Oto

3 future juniors, not as talented, but tried and true

3 senoirs to be assuming Williams is smart enough to understand the necessity of guaranteed money. 2 of the 3 are solid, hopefully the 3rd can provide foul minutes.
So the 3 seniors you are saying are not including Williams? So Ingram, Welch, and ? We have 3 Juniors right now, don't we? Do you mean if Mbakwe gets a 6th year?

Really? Formidable? Maybe in the eyes of the Minnesota State or St. Cloud. The homerism has run rampant.

Formidable may be too strong a word. But That's not a bad group as sophs. They will need to add a go-to scorer, though.

Formidable may be too strong a word. But That's not a bad group as sophs. They will need to add a go-to scorer, though.

I don't see any reason why Coleman, austin, andre or big mo can't be go to scorers.. maybe not this year. MO,Dre and Coleman are top 100 recruits. I know they are not super highly regarded but these 3 guys could have played at a lot of other schools especially Mo. Are they super stars, maybe not but they give you a good nucleus to compete in the big ten.

Top Bottom