Jesperson to announce today

come on Paul come to the U. I doubt Notre Dame is a real leader. I think it is more between us and Virginia

Here is the blurb:

Merrill's Jesperson to announce decision tonight

Merrill senior Paul Jesperson plans to hold a press conference at 8:15 p.m. today in his hometown and will make the announcement of where he will play college basketball, according to his older brother, Jason Jesperson.

Virginia and Notre Dame are among the favorites to land the sharpshooting 6-7 wing forward who is ranked No. 1 among state prospects in the class of 2011 by WisSports.net.

Go Gophers!!

Here is the blurb:

Merrill's Jesperson to announce decision tonight

Merrill senior Paul Jesperson plans to hold a press conference at 8:15 p.m. today in his hometown and will make the announcement of where he will play college basketball, according to his older brother, Jason Jesperson.

Virginia and Notre Dame are among the favorites to land the sharpshooting 6-7 wing forward who is ranked No. 1 among state prospects in the class of 2011 by WisSports.net.

Go Gophers!!

I'm officially starting to worry in a big way about the coming recruiting class. This doesn't look good and we seem to be a day late and a dollar short on a number of recruits we have been pursuing. I hope we get Coleman soon to get the ball rolling in the right direction. After the past two classes - Tubby cannot afford to miss this year.

I'm officially starting to worry in a big way about the coming recruiting class. This doesn't look good and we seem to be a day late and a dollar short on a number of recruits we have been pursuing. I hope we get Coleman soon to get the ball rolling in the right direction. After the past two classes - Tubby cannot afford to miss this year.

we were the first major program to offer Jesperson besides Arizona State, just because i guy in wisconsin doesnt favor minnesota, doesnt mean that Jesperson doesnt. I feel confident

Should make for an interesting evening around 8:30 or so on the board. Go Gophs eh, make sure all sharp objects are a good distance away tonight.

we were the first major program to offer Jesperson besides Arizona State, just because i guy in wisconsin doesnt favor minnesota, doesnt mean that Jesperson doesnt. I feel confident

Mark Miller is not just "a guy" in Wisconsin prep hoops. I would trust his word over most any poster on these boards.

I would agree with Ole.....

if Miller doesn't mention us....he's not coming here. Plus Johnny or Warrior have said nothing. I personally prefer Oglesby because of his passing skills, but a great shooter is a welcome addtion wherever he goes.

Wisconsin Media Quotes His Brother

According to Jesperson's older brother, Jason, the list of schools still in the running to land the Merrill star are Minnesota, Northwestern, Virginia and Notre Dame.

if Miller doesn't mention us....he's not coming here. Plus Johnny or Warrior have said nothing. I personally prefer Oglesby because of his passing skills, but a great shooter is a welcome addtion wherever he goes.

Miller said Virginia and N.D. were among the favorites, that leaves room for Minnesota. I think he's comming here.

Last I heard the Gophers were the favorite for Jesperson, what changed (if something did)?

When was Minnesota the favorite?

until virginia and ND offered a couple weeks ago. which is why i still think we are in the mix.

id also like to make a prediciton, if we do not get Jesperson, Ross Travis will get an offer as soon as they see him or get him on the phone

my gut is saying Virginia, however, just the other day everyone was expecting Utoff to go to Iowa or Iowa State and he choose Bucky so who knows. Alot of coaches already on the road to Vegas, KC, or Orlando and right now nobody seems to know anything.

until virginia and ND offered a couple weeks ago. which is why i still think we are in the mix.

id also like to make a prediciton, if we do not get Jesperson, Ross Travis will get an offer as soon as they see him or get him on the phone

That was a rhetorical question.

I hope something at the pizza place makes him say Minnesota, but I'm hearing it's Virginia

well deal with it.

Sorry if I have irritated you, but there's not really anything for me to deal with. UW has not been involved, so I know he's not going to UW. I feel very comfortable with what I know about Paul's recruitment.

I just hope Paul has found a place he feels comfortable with, because he's a good kid whose best basketball is in front of him.

With all the debt issues the UofM is having is there really any chance the practice facility gets built?? I believe its needed to recruit and I dont think Tubby will last too long if it doesnt get done.

my gut is saying Virginia, however, just the other day everyone was expecting Utoff to go to Iowa or Iowa State and he choose Bucky so who knows. Alot of coaches already on the road to Vegas, KC, or Orlando and right now nobody seems to know anything.

Virginia would be my GUESS too. It's a great school (academically) and the younger Bennett is a very promising coach. He won at Wazzu so he should win at UVa also.

Merrill senior Paul Jesperson, the #1-rated senior for the class of 2011, will announce tonight at a press conference where he intends to play college basketball.

He's had nearly two dozen scholarship offers.

The senior Blue Jay told NewsChannel 7 last week he was deciding between Minnesota and Virginia. That was last week...the recruiting world can change in a heartbeat.

Jesperson averaged better than 20 points and 7 rebounds last season, leading the Blue Jays to the sectional final before losing to Antigo.

We'll have details of his announcement as soon as it happens.

http://www.wsaw.com/sports/headlines/98960159.html

Maybe we'll get to play against him when we play Virginia for the 4th time in a row in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge...

Our record of kids deciding at pizza places is now 0-2.

Was it that long ago that Ralph Sampson III, Colton Iverson, and Devoe Joseph all chose the Gophers during Tubby's first year? I thought that was the baseline for recruiting classes to come. Very, very concerned about the state of the program right now.

Our record of kids deciding at pizza places is now 0-2.

Was it that long ago that Ralph Sampson III, Colton Iverson, and Devoe Joseph all chose the Gophers during Tubby's first year? I thought that was the baseline for recruiting classes to come. Very, very concerned about the state of the program right now.

I think the whole sneeze wrong and get suspended by the AD atmosphere is prolly putting a damper on it

Top Bottom