Zebrowski

We forget that kill and Co are officially outperforming their recruiting rankings. They're doing a decent job with the talent they have.

That said Zebrowski sounds likes he's stoned. Then again a lot of these kids identify with that.

The west is a tire fire. We've got a chance to do some damage this year. Focus on the positives - Limegrover will open the play book next week. More Maxx, more Edwards, more Woli. The sky is not falling.

How Dimonic Roden-McKinzy develops will tell us more than anything about how good of a coach Zebrowski is. The tools are there with that kid it's just a matter of them helping him reach his potential.

It's the number one job of the Offensive Coordinator to build a package around the strengths of a QB.

But our offensive staff turns our QBs into bleeping head cases.

Phil comes in with a swagger. He wants to throw and dish. A natural! But a year later he's terrified of screwing up.

Who the eff broke him?

I really hate the man in the booth. I have been saying it for two years. He sucks at his job.

Please note that I am burdened by actually knowing an effing thing or two about this retarded sport.

Yes, I'm in a pissy mood.

Would have to agree with your observations.

Which came first though, studwell? The Kill or the Limegrover? Limegrover has been working with Kill for something like 14 seasons. I fear that Limegrover thinks he thinks just like Kill by now. In fact, perhaps he thinks he IS Kill. Maybe Limegrover IS Kill. Or: vice versa.

But for what ever reason, up until this season we always heard how much Kill and his staff really wanted to have at least two quarterbacks competing and ready to go to share Game Day Saturday playing time. And, most quarterbacks this staff recruits are said to have some skills running the football?

But, for what ever reason, we really have seen what we really have seen at the qb position during the entire Kill Staff Era here in TCF BANK STADIUM.

It's the number one job of the Offensive Coordinator to build a package around the strengths of a QB.

But our offensive staff turns our QBs into bleeping head cases.

Phil comes in with a swagger. He wants to throw and dish. A natural! But a year later he's terrified of screwing up.

Who the eff broke him? .

Studs, I know you know this because I'm sure you saw the same thing as I did when you played. Every kid that hits a college campus to play football, regardless of where he came from, he has pretty much always been "the man". Everyone of them was All-Conference, All-State, Team Captain, etc. That first year washes out a HUGE percentage of those freshmen. They just don't know how to respond. Phil Nelson probably never had to work for anything in his life and battling Leidner for PT was probably the first adversity he ever faced in his life. Not everyone responds well to finally NOT having something handed to him. After starting the last several games of his Fresh year he probably assumed he would be the starter for his remaining 3 years. I'm sure it didn't sit well that he not only had to battle Leidner but Leidner was also a less-heralded recruit than PN.

Some guys just aren't gamers. Plain and simple. I'm starting to have my doubts that Mitch is either. And it's not something you can coach.

And I also refuse to believe the passing game problems are due to lack of talent at WR and/or OL. I think there's plenty of talent there, at least IMHO.

Is that guy on the roster right now? That guy that DOES have that gamer mentality? I hope we find out sooner than later. The rest of the team, on both sides of the ball, deserves better.

We forget that kill and Co are officially outperforming their recruiting rankings. They're doing a decent job with the talent they have.

That said Zebrowski sounds likes he's stoned. Then again a lot of these kids identify with that.

The west is a tire fire. We've got a chance to do some damage this year. Focus on the positives - Limegrover will open the play book next week. More Maxx, more Edwards, more Woli. The sky is not falling.

This is what concerns me the most. A really, really good season is there for the taking. The opportunity is there.

I agree completely. I wasn't in love with Mason, but Weber, Gray, Nelson and maybe Leidner would have been very successful under Mason and his crew. This has EVERYTHING to do with the offensive system, where they want the ball thrown and the pass patterns. Ever noticed that this offense only calls for the QB to throw the ball in 20% of the field width. You should chart the passes some game like I do. It's laughable. We don't use 80% of the width of the field in our pass plays. Easiest passing game to defend in FBS football. They know we won't throw to most parts of the field. No QB could succeed with these patterns. Mason and crew had decent pass plays and knew how to get receivers very open with talent no better than we have now. Nobody wants to talk about this.

How soon we forget the fade routes.... The attack under Mason, was better, but still limited.

Let's remember, Nelson was the QB the staff wanted in that class. Many assumed Leidner was recruited for athleticism and would likely end up a WR or more likely a TE.
He's not a stellar passer (very rarely if ever throws a tight spiral), and now they don't want him to run. Teams can load-up against our run more than ever.
The funny thing was that our good run game under Mason made Brian Cupito type of guys look like good QBs. He could throw a nice spiral with some touch and manage a game.
Our good running game hasn't seemed to benefit any QB as a passer so far this year or last. They always say a good running game is a QBs best friend, but we don't appear to have the talent, faith, desire or ability to take advantage of the ground game for the passing game. Something is missing.

Let's remember, Nelson was the QB the staff wanted in that class. Many assumed Leidner was recruited for athleticism and would likely end up a WR or more likely a TE.
He's not a stellar passer (very rarely if ever throws a tight spiral), and now they don't want him to run. Teams can load-up against our run more than ever.
The funny thing was that our good run game under Mason made Brian Cupito type of guys look like good QBs. He could throw a nice spiral with some touch and manage a game.
Our good running game hasn't seemed to benefit any QB as a passer so far this year or last. They always say a good running game is a QBs best friend, but we don't appear to have the talent, faith, desire or ability to take advantage of the ground game for the passing game. Something is missing.

bingo! and when Kill exclaimed after the bowl game last year that Leidner was the QB, why did he do that? I don't think it was so obvious. It was not obvious that Nelson would be involved in what he was involved in, so why shut down a QB competition right then, and hand it over to the guy who is the same age as the stater, yet, the backup?
The QB situation is a big concern for this team, and seems much bigger when it was Nelson/Leidner, than it is now with Leidner/???/???

Please note that I am burdened by actually knowing an effing thing or two about this retarded sport.

Eminently classy as always.

Studwell brings literally nothing to the table, and now he's using hateful and hurtful language? I know he won't be perma-banned because he's buddy-buddy with the site owners, but this garbage deserves a temporary ban at least, and preferably a public apology for acting like an idiot as well.

bingo! and when Kill exclaimed after the bowl game last year that Leidner was the QB, why did he do that? I don't think it was so obvious. It was not obvious that Nelson would be involved in what he was involved in, so why shut down a QB competition right then, and hand it over to the guy who is the same age as the stater, yet, the backup?
The QB situation is a big concern for this team, and seems much bigger when it was Nelson/Leidner, than it is now with Leidner/???/???

I think Phil and father had made it known internally he was transfering.

Um

How Dimonic Roden-McKinzy develops will tell us more than anything about how good of a coach Zebrowski is. The tools are there with that kid it's just a matter of them helping him reach his potential.

He's 5'8". He's not especially quick. Nobody else recruited him as a quarterback. Why is he your choice? He's playing behind Rhoda.
Does this even look like a quarterback? His body position is wrong in relation to where the ball is, he is too open for the where the ball is. His grip is wrong. He was here in January. Let coach start with someone a bit more polished? By comparison, Perra, a walkon, pictured day one or two of summer practice, looks to have excellent mechanics and is taller. At least he is able to grip the ball and follow through correctly.
D-P.jpg

I agree. We get really frustrated with individual game performances that we forget to look at the big picture that the team as a whole has steadily improved year to year in a tough conference.

It is not the end of the world. They'll make mistakes along the way, but they will improve. In Kill we trust. Patience is virtue.

In the matter of the QB position, it has been a revolving door. Let's hope that Leidner holds up to allow Rhoda, Perra, & Rodent-McKinzy time to mature and develop. OR maybe we get lucky and find that someone like Demry Croft come with tools that is B1G ready.

Count me in as one of the people that will like to see a B1G title before I croak. :cool02:

Whoa, big fellas! We're 2-0 here against two teams that are pretty good. Leidner is a baby in college football, give him 5 or 6 starts before we bury him. I assume that next week more of the wraps will come off this package and we'll get a better idea of just what this team is.

One thing is for certain, we should be grateful to be in the B1G conference. Even if we lose to TCU, and we will not, we can still be strong enough to win the West.

The only thing I can come up with (Leidner named starter at team meeting after bowl game) is that Nelson had already indicated his desire to move on. So it was, in essence, decided for the coaches. I can't see any other way they would have come out and said what they did. Neither QB separated themselves last year.

Or what replacement said:

Replacement Gopher said:
I think Phil and father had made it known internally he was transfering.

Cobb ran for 220... Gopher fans would have given anything to see a game like that 2 years ago.

I'll reserve judgment on the passing game until I see it against TCU...

To be fair, coach can't throw the ball. WR's are open. Leidner is a tad late in some decisions.

Agreed. Sitting at the game yesterday it sure appeared that Lieder would lock in on the open receiver, then take another 2-3 steps while watching him, double checking that he was really open, then throw late.

Cobb ran for 220... Gopher fans would have given anything to see a game like that 2 years ago. I'll reserve judgment on the passing game until I see it against TCU...

If there is a passing game against TCU.....

The only thing I can come up with (Leidner named starter at team meeting after bowl game) is that Nelson had already indicated his desire to move on. So it was, in essence, decided for the coaches. I can't see any other way they would have come out and said what they did. Neither QB separated themselves last year. Or what replacement said:

Nelson was a train wreck off the field. Even if it hadn't been decided yet, the coaches knew what was going on with PN outside of football hours.

I wonder what they really mean when they say "after the bowl game" though. It could mean right there in the locker room after the game. Or it could mean a few weeks later after the team had a break and then got back together. Both could fall under the "after the bowl game" comments.

Nelson announced he was leaving around Jan. 29th. It's not out of the question that the team knew he was leaving by mid January.

Lies. Kill never did this. The truth has been documented. 'After' the Bowl game PN came to Kill stating he needed to be assured that he was going to be the starter. Kill would do no such thing so PN pouted and left. Kill wanted a competition, but PN 'shut it down'. Stop lying to make your points.

The only thing I can come up with (Leidner named starter at team meeting after bowl game) is that Nelson had already indicated his desire to move on. So it was, in essence, decided for the coaches. I can't see any other way they would have come out and said what they did. Neither QB separated themselves last year.

Or what replacement said:

Or it never happened. That is the real answer.

Lies. Kill never did this. The truth has been documented. 'After' the Bowl game PN came to Kill stating he needed to be assured that he was going to be the starter. Kill would do no such thing so PN pouted and left. Kill wanted a competition, but PN 'shut it down'. Stop lying to make your points.

Spoofin has it right. This is absolutely what happened. It has been documented in at least two different threads. Leidner may not be the answer we are all looking for, but Nelson was never going to be the answer. As bad as Leidner has been so far this season, Nelson was worse at the end of last season and in the bowl game.

Does this even look like a quarterback? His body position is wrong in relation to where the ball is, he is too open for the where the ball is. His grip is wrong. He was here in January. Let coach start with someone a bit more polished? By comparison, Perra, a walkon, pictured day one or two of summer practice, looks to have excellent mechanics and is taller. At least he is able to grip the ball and follow through correctly.
View attachment 2872

Did you really just post a still picture to prove a tFR QB who has never played a down wont be a good QB? I just want to make sure I understand right because it seems way too silly to be true.

Did you not watch the bowl game? Nelson couldn't hit anyone and Leidner was the only reason why the Gophers had a chance in that game.

Did you not watch the bowl game? Nelson couldn't hit anyone and Leidner was the only reason why the Gophers had a chance in that game.

Everyone - stop posting about/commenting on/ discussing skauma's post. It was based on 100% lies. It never happened. Lies, lies, lies.

He's 5'8". He's not especially quick. Nobody else recruited him as a quarterback. Why is he your choice? He's playing behind Rhoda.
View attachment 2872

Your information is a bit off...DRM's profile on the athletics website lists him as 6' as does his Rivals profile. He was also a two-time player of the year in the state of Kansas.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dimonic_roden_mckinzy_882561.html

Rivals also lists him as a 3 star recruit with offers from Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dimonic-McKinzy-141402

I think you are selling him short.

Top Bottom