Zagzebski ???

Please try and gain some perspective. It is one kid who has probably given few if any interviews prior to this and you want to jump on him. Perspective, he is not and was not going to bring a national title to Minnesota it is merely one player in the cog of 1000 things we need to do to be nationally relevant.

And please don't use the word "we" when referring to the Gophers. From what I read of your posts you are not a Gopher fan and will never be. I'm still trying to understand your motives/reasoning for being on this board. Your "its one of 1,000 things we need to happen to be nationally relevant" comment is just typical a GG comment that shows you come on here to smear (and nothing else).

Please try and gain some perspective. It is one kid who has probably given few if any interviews prior to this and you want to jump on him. Perspective, he is not and was not going to bring a national title to Minnesota it is merely one player in the cog of 1000 things we need to do to be nationally relevant.

When did I say that he was that type of player? You continue to make excuses for him. The situation is cut-and-dried. He is a liar. I am merely stating that fact, and that he has given me and other Gophers fans even more of a reason to hate him than I otherwise already would have.

When did I say that he was that type of player? You continue to make excuses for him. The situation is cut-and-dried. He is a liar. I am merely stating that fact, and that he has given me and other Gophers fans even more of a reason to hate him than I otherwise already would have.

Please don't get so worked up over a 17 year old kid changing his mind. You would have worshipped the ground he walked on if he had signed here or made him your avatar but because he changed his mind after saying he liked the gophers you are all upset. It isn't as if he stole your first born or something.

take it from someone who was his age recently...the kid is not stupid he knew what he said, and he knew he wasn't telling the truth. I dont care that he decommitted but that was the strongest verbal i have heard and then he pulled a 180 and shoved everything back into the coaches faces whom he just said two months ago where the only ones who had faith in you...believe it or not but your brain is pretty developed at 17, you can drive and everything...look it up if you dont believe me

Please don't get so worked up over a 17 year old kid changing his mind. You would have worshipped the ground he walked on if he had signed here or made him your avatar but because he changed his mind after saying he liked the gophers you are all upset. It isn't as if he stole your first born or something.

Nope. I honestly don't care whether he signs here or not. I didn't know anything about him prior to his verbal, and he really didn't look that outstanding in the minute or so of video I watched on espn.com. He looked slow and as though he didn't understand leverage at the point of attack very well. (He may have looked far different prior to injury, but I'm just basing my opinions on what I can see and have access to. And this is not sour grapes. I was not impressed even from the first viewing.)

I'm just saying that he's a liar and that this decommitment is 100% his fault. That's all.

And please don't use the word "we" when referring to the Gophers. From what I read of your posts you are not a Gopher fan and will never be. I'm still trying to understand your motives/reasoning for being on this board. Your "its one of 1,000 things we need to happen to be nationally relevant" comment is just typical a GG comment that shows you come on here to smear (and nothing else).

Well I guess you have self appointed yourself to sit in judgement of who a true gopher fan is. Well I or "we" will be sitting in TCF stadium this year watching the games while you will watching from your coach, have fun.

There are no parallels with Fritz Rock situation. Brew needed a WR, Rock didn't want to committ early, Brew had to pull it and go with Keise (who was ready to committ). KZ had already accepted. Brewster has no prior history of pulling scholarships of players who have given their verbal. You should at least acknowledge they are not similar situations at all.

You may hate Brew for whatever reason, fine, but don't manipulate cirsumstances to try to hate on Brew.

I merely stated that maybe KZ committed early to avoid having his scholarship possibly pulled down the line and ending up in the same situation that Fritz Rock did. The fact of the matter is that we don't know what was said between KZ and Brewster to get him to commit but you can say for a fact that this staff has shown on atleast one occasion that they are not willing to let a player wait till his senior year and take his visits before forcing him to decide. Players that know this may feel forced to rush to a decision.

Well I guess you have self appointed yourself to sit in judgement of who a true gopher fan is. Well I or "we" will be sitting in TCF stadium this year watching the games while you will watching from your coach, have fun.

Hahahaha, nice one. If I wanted season tiks I would have signed up for them, so please, don't worry about how I will watch Gopher games, I think watching football games in HD is much better than being live. Although I will still try to get Gopher season tiks so I can have a tik to see USC live in 10', but would probably sell the rest (to gopher fans of course). I would feel more sorry for yourself as obviously you go through life with a rather depressing attitude.

You never answered my question on a previous post....... how are you doing after your relapse???

It's not about him committing early to avoid losing the scholarship offer. It's all about the words that were said. And I'm pretty sure at 17, you can control your words at least a little bit. Antoine Lewis had no problem letting everyone know the door wasn't closed, but Zags seemed to go out of his way to make a point that this decision was final and he never even really wanted to be a Badger. To me, that's lying. You don't change your commitment that fast unless it was already a thought of yours in the first place. Seriously, why are people defending this? The guy lied, a lot of people do, but to sit there and almost act like he's a victim is just a joke. If this were like five or six months later and he really had some time where he was grappling with his decision, it'd be different, but dude switched like in two months. He used us to get an offer, okay, it worked.

I merely stated that maybe KZ committed early to avoid having his scholarship possibly pulled down the line and ending up in the same situation that Fritz Rock did. The fact of the matter is that we don't know what was said between KZ and Brewster to get him to commit but you can say for a fact that this staff has shown on atleast one occasion that they are not willing to let a player wait till his senior year and take his visits before forcing him to decide. Players that know this may feel forced to rush to a decision.

You truly have an inability to admit when you are wrong. Not only are you wrong re: the KZ situation, you are wrong in ascribing any parallels between KZ and Rock. KZ had already "made his mind up" and verballed, whereas Brewster grew weary of waiting for Rock and moved on to other prospects. I guarantee KZ did not give one iota of thought to the Rock situation, and it is virtually certain that he doesn't even know who Fritz Rock is.

You've asked why we care so much about the liar and his lying. The better question is, why do you care so much about defending the liar? Are you the liar's uncle or something? Or maybe you're a closet Badger fan?

Hahahaha, nice one. If I wanted season tiks I would have signed up for them, so please, don't worry about how I will watch Gopher games, I think watching football games in HD is much better than being live. Although I will still try to get Gopher season tiks so I can have a tik to see USC live in 10', but would probably sell the rest (to gopher fans of course). I would feel more sorry for yourself as obviously you go through life with a rather depressing attitude.

You never answered my question on a previous post....... how are you doing after your relapse???

Not going to the games and watching from your couch and you call yourself a gopher fan. It is fans like you that allow tickets to go to other teams fans because you sit and home and don't go out and support the team in person, shame on you. Actually I am pretty happy person, just get annoyed by uneducated rubes that pretend to be superfans yet are hippocrites and sit at home rather than support the team in person.

Not going to the games and watching from your couch and you call yourself a gopher fan. It is fans like you that allow tickets to go to other teams fans because you sit and home and don't go out and support the team in person, shame on you. Actually I am pretty happy person, just get annoyed by uneducated rubes that pretend to be superfans yet are hippocrites and sit at home rather than support the team in person.

So wait, let me get this straight, in order to call myself a Gopher fan, I have to go to games live instead of watching them on a big screen??? OK, well, this just in, unless you have season tiks, you cannot be a Gopher fan. Hilarious guy!! Actually, real reason is I don't get that into games where I would want to plan an entire Saturday around a football game.

"Uneducated Rubes", another great one. Explain to me how I'm a Rube???? Don't listen to KFAN, hate the Vikes, don't own one athletic jersey, don't even get that into it where season tiks are worth it to me, etc, etc....... just an a loyal Gophs fan. If fact, I just hate people like you who use college football to define their life, so it bugs me when I have to read your crap when I'm try to keep up on my Gophs.

"Pretend to be superfans yet are hippocrites and sit at home"..... dude, talk about sounding uneducated!!! Hahaha!!! So if someone stands up for the Gophers and doesn't talk sh&t about them, but chooses not to get season tiks, they are not "superfans" (actually, I'm just a fan, would rather not be a "super" fan) but are actually hippocrites????? As opposed to you, who talks sh&t about the program, yet owns season tiks (can't actually verify this)???? Again, nice one guy :rolleyes:

So wait, let me get this straight, in order to call myself a Gopher fan, I have to go to games live instead of watching them on a big screen??? OK, well, this just in, unless you have season tiks, you cannot be a Gopher fan. Hilarious guy!! Actually, real reason is I don't get that into games where I would want to plan an entire Saturday around a football game.

"Uneducated Rubes", another great one. Explain to me how I'm a Rube???? Don't listen to KFAN, hate the Vikes, don't own one athletic jersey, don't even get that into it where season tiks are worth it to me, etc, etc....... just an a loyal Gophs fan. If fact, I just hate people like you who use college football to define their life, so it bugs me when I have to read your crap when I'm try to keep up on my Gophs.

"Pretend to be superfans yet are hippocrites and sit at home"..... dude, talk about sounding uneducated!!! Hahaha!!! So if someone stands up for the Gophers and doesn't talk sh&t about them, but chooses not to get season tiks, they are not "superfans" (actually, I'm just a fan, would rather not be a "super" fan) but are actually hippocrites????? As opposed to you, who talks sh&t about the program, yet owns season tiks (can't actually verify this)???? Again, nice one guy :rolleyes:

i was merely mocking you for saying I wasn't a fan, it is called sarcasm. I can no more than you can decide what makes someone a "true" fan or not. I don't know where you get that I use college football to define my life, in fact I took a break from reading or posting on here for awhile as you noticed and commented on yet I use college football to define my life. I am not the one watching youtube videos of 17 year old kids running up and down the field. There are many posters that know me that can verify as well that I do have season tickets if it matters.

i was merely mocking you for saying I wasn't a fan, it is called sarcasm. I can no more than you can decide what makes someone a "true" fan or not. I don't know where you get that I use college football to define my life, in fact I took a break from reading or posting on here for awhile as you noticed and commented on yet I use college football to define my life. I am not the one watching youtube videos of 17 year old kids running up and down the field. There are many posters that know me that can verify as well that I do have season tickets if it matters.

From reading your posts you hardly make yourself sounds like a fan, I'll just leave it at that as I don't have time to continue this spat all afternoon. And also, please don't give off the impression you have never watch a highlight tape of a recruit your favorite team has offered, don't act like your better than that, you aren't.

If you could just honestly tell me why you have such anti-Gopher sentiment soaked into 99% of the posts you write I don't think I would harass you anymore. I'll make a deal with you, tell me the reason, and I will never write anything directed at you again.

ROTFLMAO!

Says a fan of a team that has won 2 of the last 14 contests......If anything is irritating to you, it should be losing your home stadium to North Dakota State! LOL!

EDIT: Nice try on the edit, too.

You mean that same school that beat your basketball team at the Kohl Center a couple of years ago? Does BoOwnNDSU? Or is it NDSUOwnsBo? God, I sound like LAKESBISON!! Ugh...

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/ar...=OafCyc4zMU4O04va2/Qv3jKIMmEZiWDqYYGwBKR0K8k=

What a piece of work, as others have said, he fits in perfectly with Bulemia, I'm glad Brew gave him and his dad a piece of his mind when they finally called.

What can you say? The kid's a liar, but predictably, he and his family chalk it up to being a "learning experience." :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It'll be interesting to see if this situation changes again if a bigger and more prestigious program comes calling.

"...the fans at Wisconsin are just unbelievable."

The same fans that made up stories about him having 4 concussions when they thought he was going elsewhere? :rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO!

Says a fan of a team that has won 2 of the last 14 contests......If anything is irritating to you, it should be losing your home stadium to North Dakota State! LOL!

EDIT: Nice try on the edit, too.

And North Dakota State kicked your ass at the Kohl center. Whats your point. Bo might own Izzo, which I doubt , but Tubby owns Bo. And down the home stretch, hers come Brew. Butt Belimic is looking over his shoulder, no wait Brew passes him and NEVER looks back.:clap:

And North Dakota State kicked your ass at the Kohl center. Whats your point. Bo might own Izzo, which I doubt , but Tubby owns Bo. And down the home stretch, hers come Brew. Butt Belimic is looking over his shoulder, no wait Brew passes him and NEVER looks back.:clap:

And when it comes to Bo vs Izzo, Izzo is at least relevent on a national scale. Let me know when Bo accomplishes half of what Izzo has. Oh hell, that will probably never happen, how about when Bo wins his second tourney game against a team seeded in the top half of the bracket?

What did Brewster supposedly say to him and his dad? If he said anything I hope it was to just share his disappointment and he didn't go off. You never want to burn bridges.

I think in this case you do. The article posted was basically a toned down version of what the kid said elsewhere. IMO, he looks out for #1 and only #1.

He is a douche IMO. If he was a man he would come out and comment on his early bashing of what now he loves...So bored with Zag. Most on here know how excited I was to get this kid, now I can't wait to get his replacement and a kid we can grow into a defensive machine.

There's always a huge irony in some fool using words like "uneducated rubes" and "hippocrites" in the same sentence. :pig::pig: Why does this happen so often when someone wants to use their self-labeled superior mental powers to knock someone's else's?

What did Brewster supposedly say to him and his dad? If he said anything I hope it was to just share his disappointment and he didn't go off. You never want to burn bridges.

I think it might be okay to "burn bridges" in this case. The kid lied about where he was at during the recruiting process, then apparently when rumors started to spread about him wavering, he cut off all contact with the Gopher coaching staff. In other words, the kid took deception to a conveniently high level. Lie and then avoid the subject all together when people are seeking clarification. Bravo to both he and his dad.

When taking all this into account, the kid is no loss whatsoever.

I think it might be okay to "burn bridges" in this case. The kid lied about where he was at during the recruiting process, then apparently when rumors started to spread about him wavering, he cut off all contact with the Gopher coaching staff. In other words, the kid took deception to a conveniently high level. Lie and then avoid the subject all together when people are seeking clarification. Bravo to both he and his dad.

When taking all this into account, the kid is no loss whatsoever.

I would be more worried about burning a bridge with the high school coach and his program. If a coach goes off on a kid and his family, odds are the kid will report this back to his high school coach who may be hesitant in the future to promote your program with his athletes, especially if this is the high school programs first impression or experience with you. You never know down the line when that program may have the next phenom who you may want in your program.

I would be more worried about burning a bridge with the high school coach and his program. If a coach goes off on a kid and his family, odds are the kid will report this back to his high school coach who may be hesitant in the future to promote your program with his athletes, especially if this is the high school programs first impression or experience with you. You never know down the line when that program may have the next phenom who you may want in your program.

Agreed. We've had good luck at that school in the past.

As for the de-commit, it's a free country. I just find it surprising given what Zagrebski had said earlier in the process. I always find myself giving these kids a break (and maybe I shouldn't), but this has to be a tough process for everyone.

If chewing someone out for being a jerk would close down a whole school as a recruiting avenue, so be it. What's next you can't yell at a player during practice because he might tell his high school coach?

Look, this kid was miffed that Wisconsin didn't offer him before we did. He took our offer and publicly dissed Wisconsin. Wisconsin then offers him. He takes that offer, dumps us, and then publicly disses us. If Brewster felt like telling these clowns what he thought, more power to him.

If chewing someone out for being a jerk would close down a whole school as a recruiting avenue, so be it. What's next you can't yell at a player during practice because he might tell his high school coach?

Look, this kid was miffed that Wisconsin didn't offer him before we did. He took our offer and publicly dissed Wisconsin. Wisconsin then offers him. He takes that offer, dumps us, and then publicly disses us. If Brewster felt like telling these clowns what he thought, more power to him.

First off any person that has ever played football or any sport knows that yelling at practice is part of the game and no high school coach that I know would be upset about that. Going off on a kid and his father if it even did occur is not smart as it burns a potential relationship if it gets back to the high school coach. When you are new in the area and trying to build relationships with the high school programs you do not want to burn any relationships that you may need, period, that is business 101 type of stuff. College recruiting is no different than business in the respect that it is largely about relationships. Also if you really take what he said as a public "dissing" that is to bad but this stuff goes on all the time with the major college programs and as our program grows and we begin recruiting higher rated recruits and players with more options in schools it will continue to happen. The better option would be what can we do to make this an athletes top choice program, as fans we can show up to the games and make sure that EVERY game is a sellout which has not occured in the past and will need to continue once the novelty of the new stadium wears off in years down the line.

GG, since you won't let this situation go, I will repost my earlier question in the hopes that you will actually answer it this time:

You've asked why we care so much about the liar and his lying. The better question is, why do you care so much about defending the liar? Are you the liar's uncle or something? Or maybe you're a closet Badger fan?

Top Bottom