YouTube and Disney

Holy Man

Reaction score
Anyone else have ESPN networks go dark last night on YouTube TV? Contract dispute had them off late last night.

Suggested alternatives would be appreciated. We've been on YouTube for almost two years and it is sufficient and less than cable and satellite. but the gap is narrowing I think.

Bad time of year for this. Are there any streaming services that have Bally's?

Not sure on Bally's, but I have Hulu TV streaming. All ESPNs, BTN, Fox Sports channels. It's been pretty reliable overall. Lots of on-demand stuff too.

Anyone else have ESPN networks go dark last night on YouTube TV? Contract dispute had them off late last night.

Suggested alternatives would be appreciated. We've been on YouTube for almost two years and it is sufficient and less than cable and satellite. but the gap is narrowing I think.

DIRECTV Stream is what I just switched to. More $$ but more channels.

Disney owns Hulu. This shit was calculated and obviously planned for bowl season.

Chess not checkers

There’s a big thread on this on the football board. Some alternatives are being tossed around in there.

I will be going through various streaming services, getting the 7 day free subscription. I sent YTTV notification this morning that I will be changing streaming outlets if they do not come to agreement by years end.
I joined YTTV when it had a dozen or so, nearly all sports, stations. It was inexpensive and great. Now they have added dozens of shitty stations, jacked up the prices and been bleeding sports programming out the door. I just want my sports channels, otherwise tv is worthless to me.

Wow has streaming gotten expensive, that’s more than I pay for Comcast
Yeah streaming is not really worth it anymore. When I got youtube tv a few years ago they had all espn and fox sports north, BTN, etc. Slowly they've thinned out fox sports north/bally sports and now last night they cut all ESPN during the 3rd quarter of wolves game and during NDSU vs James Madison.

ESPN is expensive af. I don’t blame YTTV for playing hardball, but it is unfortunate the effects that it has (I am also a YTTV user). However, I’m sure bowl game advertisers are pushing back against ESPN/Disney complaining about how many fewer consumers will see their ads.

An ad blocker + ‘site:reddit.com cbb streams’

It's a game of chicken. Don't ditch YTTV. Wait it out and make Disney cave.

It'll keep prices down and keep competition in the market.

DirectTV streaming has Bally sports north, $84.99
DirecTV stream is super expensive, but I’ve been sharing an account for over a year since YTTV dropped Ballys. I split it with my Dad with no issues and $45 is still quite a bit cheaper than Xfinity. It’s the only option with Bally’s for anyone who watches the Twins and the Wild.

Yeah streaming is not really worth it anymore. When I got youtube tv a few years ago they had all espn and fox sports north, BTN, etc. Slowly they've thinned out fox sports north/bally sports and now last night they cut all ESPN during the 3rd quarter of wolves game and during NDSU vs James Madison.
BTN is still there. Bally's was not a YouTube thing... Sinclair bought most of the RSNs and tried to force providers hands and lost a lot of outlets. It's losing a ton of revenue because of that move.

BTN is still there. Bally's was not a YouTube thing... Sinclair bought most of the RSNs and tried to force providers hands and lost a lot of outlets. It's losing a ton of revenue because of that move.
Hulu's User Interface is straight out of 1995, but other than a hokey channel guide thing, it is pretty decent.

Streaming has slowly been creeping up, unfortunately.

Hulu's User Interface is straight out of 1995, but other than a hokey channel guide thing, it is pretty decent.

Streaming has slowly been creeping up, unfortunately.
UTTV interface is very good, I like the service and offerings. It's Google so I think it will get resolved quickly.

DirecTV stream is super expensive, but I’ve been sharing an account for over a year since YTTV dropped Ballys. I split it with my Dad with no issues and $45 is still quite a bit cheaper than Xfinity. It’s the only option with Bally’s for anyone who watches the Twins and the Wild.
Yeah that's where I'm at, it is the only streaming option for Bally. I was headed there anyway before this espn deal last night

Yeah all it has left is btn, fs1, fs2, fox, and CBS for college ball now

Yeah that's where I'm at, it is the only streaming option for Bally. I was headed there anyway before this espn deal last night
Unfortunately the user interface is not nearly as friendly or intuitive as YTTV, but you get used to it pretty quickly.

ABC, ESPN and Disney channels are back on YouTube TV - will slowly come back on throughout the day today and they will still honor the $15 credit.

ABC, ESPN and Disney channels are back on YouTube TV - will slowly come back on throughout the day today and they will still honor the $15 credit.
How much monthly is Youtube TV for Twin Cities metro area?

I got the free trial for Hulu. The image is not as sharp and pixelation not as good for active sports. Glad to see YTTV got a deal with Disney.

I got the free trial for Hulu. The image is not as sharp and pixelation not as good for active sports. Glad to see YTTV got a deal with Disney.
I have Hulu and never had an image quality issue.

Only reason I have streaming is the fact that I can turn it on/off by the month. To get a decent price thru Comcast, you have to sign up for 12 months. I only have live TV for college football and basketball. Once March Madness is over, I cancel it and wait until Labor Day for college football.

Do you get ESPN, BTN, ABC, and what else sports-wise?
All the ESPN channels. FX1, FX2, Golf Channel, NBC Sports Channel, Olympic Channel, CBS Sports Channel, NFL, MLB, SEC, ACC, couple others plus TNT, TBS and TRU for NCAA March Madness. Really, everything except Bally and Tennis Channel.

Top Bottom