Your guess on Trabis Ward...

FiveStarFan

Reaction score
Facts
-Trabis will recieve word on SAT scores on Feb. 12th
-Has said he would like to commit to the Gophers
-Has said interesting things about his recruiting that seem like most schools don't beleive he will get into school.
-Already missed a visit last weekend that is supposed to now happen this weekend.

Knowing this and the fact the kid is a beast on the field, what % chance do you give that Trabis commits to the Gophers, gets a qualifing score, and most importantly gets accepted into school?

My best guess is that there is prob a 30% chance of all this happening. Any guesses??

I'll go 80%. Since his interest in MN seems just recent since neither Rivals nor Scout seemed to have him listed a couple weeks ago to go along with the scholastic issues, others were higher on his list. Gotta leave a little room for doubt, though he does seem sincere and has reasons for going.

I wish I was as sold as you are on getting him enrolled.

I'll go 80%. Since his interest in MN seems just recent since neither Rivals nor Scout seemed to have him listed a couple weeks ago to go along with the scholastic issues, others were higher on his list. Gotta leave a little room for doubt, though he does seem sincere and has reasons for going.

Do we know if there are issues (other than not taking his admission test until the middle of his senior year)?

Personally, the odds I would give on him both committing and ultimately signing with the Gophers would be pretty high. It seems that he pretty much has his mind made up about where he wants to go. I think the fact that the coaching staff has stuck with him and he is already good friends with both Keise and Singleton has just about sealed the deal in that respect.

As to the passing score and being admitted, I really don't know what to think. Every case seems to be a bit different and I don't know enough about Ward's academic background to have any meaningful input.

If he does not make it, the coaching staff has shown a willingness in the past to stick with kids until they do get qualified, ala Marqueis Gray. So I doubt the coaching staff will dump him unless the school says there is no way he will be admitted under any circumstances, which could happen.

If not, I think the staff will try to see him through and maybe tell him to go the prep school route.

Anyone else google Trabis Ward and see the his quote re: his play on the field. I won't paste it here because the whole thing might not even be true. but, If it is, you will understand why schools passed on him.

All I'm going to say is Pacman got into school ;) Just saying its not how one talks that gets him enrolled.

Seems like a good kid. Obviously was playing. Like him.

i love watching this guy.
and yes, just because he talks differently than a minnesotan or studwell, doesn't mean he is any less smart.

I don't think you were implying that i was saying b/c he talks differently he isn't smart, but in case people implied that, I just want to make sure you know: I just posted the link, said I liked him and he was funny, and said we'll see if he gets into school (b/c he hasn't yet). Just so my posting of the link doesn't get mis-interpreted.

The kid like to have fun which I like. The guy doing the interview is someone he knows and they were playing around having a good time with it.

Hopefully he is as golden as his Grillz.

Watch this link, my first reaction was to really like him because I thought he was hilarious, but we'll see if he gets into school.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfnIgr2iid0

I just found and watched this video myself. Ward seems like a really nice kid. There were many opportunities here for him to talk sh*t and he declined. He has a lot of confidence but I would go so far as to call him humble based on this interview.

I would call it 75% that he winds up enrolling at Minnesota.

I just found and watched this video myself. Ward seems like a really nice kid. There were many opportunities here for him to talk sh*t and he declined. He has a lot of confidence but I would go so far as to call him humble based on this interview.

I would call it 75% that he winds up enrolling at Minnesota.

Seems like a delightful and engaging young man. Would love to have him at Minnesota. And it wouldn't hurt our future recruiting efforts to have yet another star player from Broward County experience success at Minnesota and tell other potential recruits in south Florida all about it...

He looks incredibly quick however he needs to work on catching the ball with his hands and high pointing the football. Those are little things that I sure the staff will work on if he signs. Overall, I would be more that happy to have him on the team next year.

Hopefully he is as golden as his Grillz.

How much does one of those grillz cost? I hope we're not having trouble with our South Florida alumni leaving dental appliances on park benches near the practice fields.

McDonald was recruiting Ward so Im wondering how that will affect the situation?

McDonald was recruiting Ward so Im wondering how that will affect the situation?

I wondered about that too. Though he was recruiting him, I have to think Ward realizes he wouldn't interact as much with McDonald once he's here (given he's the WR coach and not the RB coach). Anyone have insight on this?

Top Bottom