Yes!!! Four Gopher football games moved to prime time, including Halloween Night v MI

Big stage - big showcase - big stakes. NOT trying to be a troll here, just pointing out a fact:

A prime-time game can bring the program more exposure - but they need to play well to make it a positive experience. A bad loss, and the bandwagon jumping will be extensive. On the other hand, a big win, or an "Upset" in the eyes of the media, and the Gophers are elevated to a level they have not been at since the 60's.

If both teams are undefeated going into this game, there is a slight chance. Gotta get through TCU! Go Gophers!

When is the last time we had a prime time conference game? Now we have 3 in one season? Wow.

Unfortunately I remember the last time we played Michigan in prime time. Oh god. Why? Why?

I'm confused. The last time we beat them was 2012 and it was a 2:30 game. I went back to 2011 and couldn't find any. I'm guessing our last one was 7 or 8 years ago.

Your right, my bad. I just remembered it being it a night game but of course the days get shorter at the end of the season.

I'm confused. The last time we beat them was 2012 and it was a 2:30 game. I went back to 2011 and couldn't find any. I'm guessing our last one was 7 or 8 years ago.

We beat the spartans with brew on a great saturday night in tcf.

Sweet. I was surprised at the number of people who assumed that the TCU game would end up on BTN a few months back.

Maybe. But It still doesn't have much pull. UM has been bad and MN is barely relevant

Miami (FL)*at*Duke
Ole Miss*at*Auburn
Georgia Tech*at*Virginia
Ole Miss*at*Auburn
South Carolina*at*Texas A&M

Wow, Mr. Bad Attitude. Michigan has been bad, but they are still Michigan and just signed probably a top 2-3 coach in all of america - NCAA or NFL. There has been nothing but good news coming from the Minnesota program for the past 2-3 years. ESPN just ranked Coach Kill as one of the most underrated coaches in America and he was recently named Big 10 Coach of the Year.

If Michigan has been bad and Minnesota is barely relevant, what does that make Miami and Duke? Georgia Tech and Auburn? Even Ole Miss and Auburn?

Is the TCU game on regular ESPN or ESPN2?

I love night games. That way if we lose, my whole day isn't ruined.

Suddenly all the naysayers who touted they didn't renew their season tickets out of some strange principal are all secretly wishing they had renewed their tickets. You know it's true.
I know. What a surprise. Nobody even speculated that TCU or Michigan would be night games! This should push the season ticket waiting list to 15 or 20 thousand. "Everything is awesome!"

That was Halloween night as well.

Probably one of my favorite games at TCF. What a magical night. Cool crisp October air, Minneapolis skyline lit up, great crowd - just a really fun night.

Suddenly all the naysayers who touted they didn't renew their season tickets out of some strange principal are all secretly wishing they had renewed their tickets. You know it's true.

At some point you will realize that it is ok for folks to have different thoughts on what they should pay for tix or if it is right or wrong for them to do so. Until then you will continue to belittle them as if your decision is the only right decision for everyone. Your stick is so tiresome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 weeks in a row with a night game? I'll take it.

How do we know that all four are at night? TCU and Iowa are but my guess is that the others will be nationally broadcast at 11am or 2:30.

How do we know that all four are at night? TCU and Iowa are but my guess is that the others will be nationally broadcast at 11am or 2:30.

Teague announced it and the Star Tribune reported it:
http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/300847171.html

From the Columbus Dispatch:

The Ohio State football team’s home game against Minnesota on Nov. 7 is going to be televised in prime time on ABC or ESPN, Golden Gophers athletic director Norwood Teague told the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal, but OSU officials weren’t ready to confirm that.

An OSU spokesman said that the Buckeyes’ 2015 prime-time dates likely will be revealed this week.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2015/04/22/0422-osu-football.html

Sorry, but I am going to need more proof than several reports from multiple media outlets before I believe any of these games will be played at night.

For gopher fans anything other than an 11am start feels like Prime Time. That extra hour is critical to proper morning tailgating.

Wow, Mr. Bad Attitude. Michigan has been bad, but they are still Michigan and just signed probably a top 2-3 coach in all of america - NCAA or NFL. There has been nothing but good news coming from the Minnesota program for the past 2-3 years. ESPN just ranked Coach Kill as one of the most underrated coaches in America and he was recently named Big 10 Coach of the Year.

If Michigan has been bad and Minnesota is barely relevant, what does that make Miami and Duke? Georgia Tech and Auburn? Even Ole Miss and Auburn?

lol at bad attitude. I'm being reasonable. Nationally we've gotten to the point of respectability, not appointment viewing.
Miami v Duke - The U has been mediocre but has a national rep and Duke is now somewhat nationally respected
GT V VA - GT just won the Orange Bowl
Ole Miss V Auburn - Auburn is obviously nationally relevant and Ole Miss was the big story last year

Not saying these are obviously better but I don't think many non B10 fans would think our game is clearly better than any of those

Do they every do a College Gameday for that first Thursday to kick off the season? I would think our TCU game might be the top game that night.

lol at bad attitude. I'm being reasonable. Nationally we've gotten to the point of respectability, not appointment viewing.
Miami v Duke - The U has been mediocre but has a national rep and Duke is now somewhat nationally respected
GT V VA - GT just won the Orange Bowl
Ole Miss V Auburn - Auburn is obviously nationally relevant and Ole Miss was the big story last year

Not saying these are obviously better but I don't think many non B10 fans would think our game is clearly better than any of those

Not saying you are wrong, but I think the Harbaugh factor will be big. We're just the little guy in all of this. If Michigan starts the season strong I think our game would be the popular choice. "Respectable" Minnesota + Ultra-popular Michigan Harbaugh's + Jug Game = TV gold.

Top Bottom