Yahoo Sports publishes their evidence against Reggie Bush and his family........USC

Reaction score
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-bushdocuments011008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Tons of evidence and documents against Reggie Bush and his family (and by default USC football) in that Yahoo report. If the NCAA allows USC football to get away with nothing more than a minor slap on the wrist then the whole NCAA system is nothing but a bunch of frickin' joke. They better FINALLY throw the book at USC football.

Meanwhile.......on another.....somewhat "connected" note in terms of USC and top high school recruits: So the whole Henderson family is just up and moving a thousand miles away to L.A. to follow Seantrel to school huh? Just out of the blue like that? Really? How does one just magically make all of that happen job wise? House-wise? Financially? All on such short notice while leaving a city (Minneapolis) where both parent's roots and extended family have been for many years? To a city like L.A. where the job market is tough, home prices have always been very high and the cost of living is probably 1.5 to 2.0 times greater than it is in Minneapolis. Seems like a pretty amazing and rather daunting task to accomplish entirely "on your own", if you ask me. Especially if...say......a person has not been gainfully employed in a full-time manner recently. Just sayin'!

Hope you are following all of this USC/Reggie Bush/NCAA crap Seantrel Henderson. All I am saying is don't allow yourself to be the next "Reggie Bush family" at USC. That is the cheap way to make it. The wrong way. Please have some self-respect and restraint. Don't put yourself in a potential situation where your "handlers" and parents might "tarnish" your personal reputation before you even have a chance to make it to the NFL.....like was and still is the case with Reggie Bush. You know deep-down Seantrel (regardless of what your father personally wants you to do for him) that Minnesota is the "right" place for you and that you can make your NFL dream's come true the RIGHT way there.....the legit way.

Anyways, might be wise for some investigative reporter types from Minneapolis/St. Paul to "keep an eye" on everything over the next 3-4 years if Seantrel does end up at USC, Miami and probably to a lesser extent tOSU (but I wouldn't put anything past them either) and his entire family "ups and moves" with him. Might be wise to just stay home and support the home state school Seantrel. A lot of eyes are going to be on you AND your family. Again.....I'm just sayin'!

Deed for Spring Valley home

This is the deed listing Bush’s former family home in the name of New Era financier Michael Michaels. Michaels purchased the home on March 29, 2005, and the Bush family moved in shortly thereafter. The Bush family was finally evicted from the home in April of 2006.

1199979159.jpg

i should clarify something.......

the yahoo article (along with the documents contained within it) in question was actually published a little while back, but is still very relevant "today" considering the Reggie Bush/USC hearings are going on as we speak.

I wonder if they can take out a loan with his "future earnings" as collateral...kind of like these high power athletes take out large insurance policies on their "future promise" (I believe Willis McGahee collected some money under one of these). I don't really know, just guessing.

I'm glad to see Sean involved rather than be a deadbeat, but I still think it's creepy that they are all moving and he wants to be so involved. Do they have other kids that are being jerked around? I know college was a wonderful learning experience for myself and I needed to get away from my parents, as loving and supportive as they were. Just my two cents.

Are you serious?

Quote: "Meanwhile.......on another.....somewhat "connected" note in terms of USC and top high school recruits: So the whole Henderson family is just up and moving a thousand miles away to L.A. to follow Seantrel to school huh? Just out of the blue like that? Really? How does one just magically make all of that happen job wise? House-wise? Financially? All on such short notice while leaving a city (Minneapolis) where both parent's roots and extended family have been for many years? To a city like L.A. where the job market is tough, home prices have always been very high and the cost of living is probably 1.5 to 2.0 times greater than it is in Minneapolis. Seems like a pretty amazing and rather daunting task to accomplish entirely "on your own", if you ask me. Especially if...say......a person has not been gainfully employed in a full-time manner recently. Just sayin'!"

Are you sure of this? Makes no sense. The family is just going to follow their kid around? Is he their meal ticket or something? How can you be a meal ticket if you are a college student on a football scholarship? When I played college football, we would have laughed a player off the team if his parents followed him to college just because he was a good football player. What the "H" man, your parents don't have their own lives and you don't have your own life? What's up with that crap?

I agree with the other posters. It is shameful what programs like Miami and USC have been able to get away with. Let's remember that when elite programs cheat, it's the equivalent of a hall of fame player taking steroids. These schools already have a talent advantage. Paying players takes their already mammoth advantage and makes it even more insurmountable.

USC NEEDS to be be banned from postseason play (didn't the NCAA do this to Auburn within the last 15 years or am I wrong?). I think a 4 year ban would be sufficient. It would destroy USC's recruiting for a couple years and force them to start at square one to rebuild. Completely derailing a program that got to the top through cheating would be a great way for the NCAA to show that the rules still apply to everyone.

How much control are programs suppose to have over their boosters? What would stop somebody like Snoop Dog from hiring Seantrel's father and paying him whatever he likes? Are does this all fall under the "lack of institutional control" umbrella?

How much control are programs suppose to have over their boosters? What would stop somebody like Snoop Dog from hiring Seantrel's father and paying him whatever he likes? Are does this all fall under the "lack of institutional control" umbrella?

Yes, they should absolutely be responsible for the actions of their boosters. The best way to take control of the boosters, is to expel from school any athlete found to be accepting illegal donations from anyone.

If USC gets a slap on the wrist, we should put together a coalition of boosters to pay for our amateur athletes.

Just wondering, were these would-be sports marketers ex-cons or trojan football boosters?

some of you people are idiots.

last i checked, sc wasn't guilty of academic fraud, like your beloved university. so, sc will apparently allow "boosters" to pay the families of players, but they won't allow others to do their school work...that would be below their integrity...you know...gopher integrity.

glass houses and all...maybe some of you should STFU.

If you remember right there were very few Gopher fans who rushed to Clem's or the University's side after the Gangelhof stuff broke. Surprisingly few actually.

UCLA should have been stripped of some championships because of the contributions that Sam Gilbert made to those teams. They didn't get much punishment did they. Ohio State and Tennessee walked away from serious allegations because guys who spoke to the press refused to talk to the NCAA. Do you now expect Gopher fans to not feel that "equal justice under the law" might not be the case here?

As for paying kids to enroll and then stay in school as opposed to having papers written for them being so much nobler, why even try to make that argument. Dante may have but no one here has that capability.

My brother has some USC credits in his checkered college resume. It was one of my accounts when I lived and worked out there. Great school, but not completely without sin.

You're a good guy Wolfman, but you might be a little over the line.

Top Bottom