Yahoo Sports article about Kill and Epilepsy

I didn't know about this:

There has been plenty to endure even in the last six weeks. There was the missed half, the Minnesota athletic director's publicly stated desire to help Kill manage his situation, and the tragic death of Rebecca's brother, who felt ill during the Michigan game and collapsed as he tried to get in a car outside the stadium. He lapsed into a coma and never regained consciousness.

And what a well-written article and great message. Proud to have him as our coach.

I didn't know about this:

There has been plenty to endure even in the last six weeks. There was the missed half, the Minnesota athletic director's publicly stated desire to help Kill manage his situation, and the tragic death of Rebecca's brother, who felt ill during the Michigan game and collapsed as he tried to get in a car outside the stadium. He lapsed into a coma and never regained consciousness.

And what a well-written article and great message. Proud to have him as our coach.

Good article. The thing about Rebecca's brother probably explains why he went MIA there near the end of the season. I can understand him not wanting to be overly public about it although odd that he would put it out in a Yahoo article and not to the local media first.

That actually came as a shock to me as well. I don't remember seeing one thing about in the press. If there had been, the people on this forum would have dug it up.

This article was more thorough than any I recall a local media member putting out about Kill and his condition. I wasn't aware of Rebecca's brother either, that's terrible to hear. Kill and his family were clearly going through quite a bit toward the end of this season, that kind of stress, plus the team's injuries and struggles, just had to feel like it was piling on a little bit there. Hopefully this bowl season has been a chance to kind of refresh things a little bit, and they're having an enjoyable trip in Houston.

And obviously a win tonight would be nice as well :)

That actually came as a shock to me as well. I don't remember seeing one thing about in the press. If there had been, the people on this forum would have dug it up.

Actually, if you do an advanced search with the word "ambulance", you will see that Nadine got raked over the coals in regards to tweeting about an ambulance after the game. That post was made on 11/3 or 11/4 (weekend of the Michigan) game.

Well done. It grabbed me right away. I hope this article is read by recruits and their families. Winning football games is number one for a team, I get that. But, not often does someone have the chance to become part of something that truly transcends the game and gives people something more to root for.

Excellent article. I usually avoid anything to do with Kill's health because the articles are either too elementary or too pedantic. I thought this one was excellent and I'm glad I took the time to read it.

Top Bottom