Wyatt Gilmore Watch

A huge advantage... once Barry Alvarez showed up in Madison. There are some of us who remember that prior to his arrival, Wisconsin's football program had been hot garbage for decades.
Basically horrible until the 1993 season

He’s not a prima donna in any way shape or form. But if that makes you feel better…
I wont comment on him personally, but 3 of those schools tend to be prima donna esque with little to show for it lately, so that may be where the comment is coming from. Kansas state is the actual odd ball to me.

I wont comment on him personally, but 3 of those schools tend to be prima donna esque with little to show for it lately, so that may be where the comment is coming from. Kansas state is the actual odd ball to me.
Assuming you’re talking about Oregon, Oklahoma, and Miami? Miami I agree they have been poor, but the other two? Pretty impressive the last 5-10 years which is what 17 year olds remember…just my opinion

Zero chance the U or K-State are his choice, coming out of high school. I could certainly see scenarios where he goes to one of the high-major, flashy programs, it doesn't work out for various reasons like he was thinking/hoping, and transfers either back here to or KS. But those won't be the initial choice.

My guess is he included those two for the same old reason: he really likes the coaching staffs at both, wants to give them a "nod" and pay respect, but that's all it is.

Same old song as always with Twin Cities kids, when we're in the "Top X" as opposed to they just come out and announce they've committed to us.

Would actually be interesting to go back and see how many times a Twin Cities high school recruit has announced on Twitter a Top X (say 3 or more) with U against all or mostly other P5 programs, and then the recruit actually picks the U.

Really wouldn't be surprised if we're 0-for ....

They do it to pay respect to the U, pay respect to the coaching staff (whom they often do like/have a good relationship with), but that's all it is.

Would actually be interesting to go back and see how many times a Twin Cities high school recruit has announced on Twitter a Top X (say 3 or more) with U against all or mostly other P5 programs, and then the recruit actually picks the U.

Really wouldn't be surprised if we're 0-for ....

They do it to pay respect to the U, pay respect to the coaching staff (whom they often do like/have a good relationship with), but that's all it is.
Absolutely..pretty sure we are 0-fer

Seriously wtf…

Some kid makes a tweet and it is all pitty party and hate.

Why did this guy’s thread go so bad?
Not sure why some can't fathom the idea that we are legit in the kids top 5. He clearly has really good options, if he picks one of the others it doesn't mean he just included the U for the heck of it, it means he decided to go somewhere else.

He isn't one of the local guys jumping at the opportunity to play for the U, but that doesn't mean he isn't seriously considering us as an option. Some get so butt hurt when a local guy includes in a finalist list and then goes somewhere else.

He’s not a prima donna in any way shape or form. But if that makes you feel better…
Big announcement is his final 5 including Oregon and Miami? He’s not coming here my guess is he will be joining Bucky out West and he announces live to Randy Shaver.

Miami 💵 might be hard to turn down?
wolf-of-wall-street-cocaine.gif

I guess I never get upset when players decide to go elsewhere. Why some get so insulted I will never know.

Not to mention he would be one of the few from the class anyways just focus on the ones who sign and be done with it.

I guess I never get upset when players decide to go elsewhere. Why some get so insulted I will never know.

Not to mention he would be one of the few from the class anyways just focus on the ones who sign and be done with it.
Disapointed? Selfishly, yes. Insulted? no.

Big announcement is his final 5 including Oregon and Miami? He’s not coming here my guess is he will be joining Bucky out West and he announces live to Randy Shaver.
I've never seen a group so butt hurt over an innocuous tweet. Add to the fact this thread started because a poster lost their shit because he was 'blessed' to receive an offer from wisconsin...who didn't even make his final 5 btw.

If you're this worked up over a 17 year old kid...maybe rethink some things.

There's nothing to think he's not legitimately interested in the Gophers...hell, he's working out with Carrier. Hopefully he ends up being Golden at the end of the day.

This is an incredibly level headed take. It seems his interest is legitimate in all schools. I get zero prima donna vibes from this kid. Hopefully he becomes a Gopher

I've never seen a group so butt hurt over an innocuous tweet.

You probably have a life and don’t spend much time around other team message boards like I do, but boi, GH is far more tame and level-headed compared to other fanbases.

This assessment may seem like an embellishment, a joke even, but it’s not. I’ve seen some shit.

360_F_111993389_8zATQ21lLlSLy9VwEHzMR6Rr5QTAw03u.jpg

What the hell did I say to make this thread go bad?
I don't think you intended anything bad by it but the rumor of going south kind of started it all. Not your fault though.

Shaver is an Iowa guy.

Absolutely..pretty sure we are 0-fer
Carter Coughlin announced a top 3 of Minnesota, Ohio State, and Oregon, after after Ohio State had recently beaten Oregon in the national championship game.

Jonah Pirsig I believe also had a top 3 of Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, but he's not from the Twin Cities.

Blaise Andries had a ton of offers, but I can't easily determine if he announced a top whatever before committing here, and he's also not from the Twin Cities.

Those examples are of course from several years ago, over a decade in Pirsig's case, but those are the ones that come to mind as someone who hardly follows football recruiting. How many recruits are there each year who are both from the Twin Cities and also receiving serious interest from multiple power conference football programs? And how many of those are announcing top 3's, 5's, etc.? Could this phenomenon be rephrased as something more along the lines of "Highly rated recruits who are hotly pursued on a national level don't often commit to Minnesota (except for when they do)" rather than "Self-centered diva from the big city who enjoys the recruitment process never commits to Minnesota?"

Top Bottom