Wow! Kinda quiet over there at Buckyville.com!!

froggopher

Reaction score
After a 59-0 drubbing by O$U :cry: I would be pretty bummed out myself! Go Gophers!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Doesn't matter anyway. Whenever they say something, it's nothing.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

98234-rock-clapping-gif-Imgur-rPS2.gif

The best part is that in their subjective reality they would rather have a team that could be persuaded to throw a game, than one that just regularly ****s the bed in big games.

All I know is that we would not get beat like that. This is the beginning of the end of their run.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I generally quiet at a funeral, except for the muffled sobbing.

All I know is that we would not get beat like that. This is the beginning of the end of their run.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never has a more truthful statement been written. They rolled over and died after the first 10 minutes. One of the things I admired most about this years team is they never stopped playing till the final whistle, no matter what the score.

After a 59-0 drubbing by O$U :cry: I would be pretty bummed out myself! Go Gophers!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I figured that they were going to get the beat down. If you noticed, while Melvin was whining about Gophers twisting his ankle for the second time in a week, not one peep was uttered by the Buckeyes. They were laser focused. They wanted to honor a fallen teammate and finish the goal they failed to finish last season. Nothing was stopping them last Saturday....

BTW I noticed that the CCG score is missing from the football board...:confused:

20 years from now when their run of all this success is in the distant rear view mirror, I'm curious how the Bielema era Badgers will be viewed. Three straight big ten titles. Three straight rose bowls. No Rose bowl wins. 2-5 bowl record.

I think it will be something like the Vikings 0-4 Super Bowl record. Fortunately for them, the Barry Alvarez era came right before it so they'll likely glance over the Bielema era.

Hahaha! Did Alvarez schedule the games against the Gophers to be the final regular season game thinking we are creampuffs?

That will change starting next season as the Axe will be in our trophy case.

It is a win-win for the Gophers. If we can't beat them for the B1G West title, we will tenderize them for tOSU every year. The media neglected to mention that we beat them up physically even though we lost the game.

tOSU should really buddy up to the Gophers.

Never has a more truthful statement been written. They rolled over and died after the first 10 minutes. One of the things I admired most about this years team is they never stopped playing till the final whistle, no matter what the score.

True. However, IMO the foundation "Brick" for that mentality was laid by Kill and his staff in October of 2011 @ Michigan. I remember him coaching those kids to the very end of that game and holding EVERY kid coming off the field accountable. It was almost as if he was saying, "Look, I don't give a damn what the score says. If you're gonna play in my program, you're going to compete until clock reaches :00!"

Another key foundation "Brick" (again, IMO) was that Texas Tech Bowl. I felt I watched players grow up in that game. We were physical and didn't take any crap from TT (eg. Epping). People may not have been happy with the result, but I was ecstatic seeing this mentality being developed.

I always tell people......we may or may not win but we will line up and smack you for 60 minutes. Been very pleased with the progress.

I bet anything that Becky gets throttled in their bowl game!!! Who will they blame when this happens? Go Gophers!!!!

Auburn is licking their chops.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet anything that Becky gets throttled in their bowl game!!! Who will they blame when this happens? Go Gophers!!!!

Hey Frog - I'm sorry for your incomprehensible drop in the rankings. Unlike Baylor and their uncouth and desperate act of hiring a PR firm, Coach Patterson handled it like the class act that is so TCU. I'd be curious to know if my perception of this situation from 1,000 miles away is at all shared with y'all?

Congrats on a great season and good luck in the Peach Bowl. Beat Ole Miss!

Fear the Frog!

Getting Auburn in the Outback bowl and starting 2015 off with Alabama, they could have 3 consecutive 50+ losses!!! LOL

My Outback Bowl prediction is Auburn 59 Becky 0 !!!!! Go Gophers!!

That would be just fun. I didn't get a chance to see the OSU v Wisconsin game, and normally would never go looking for the replay of a 59-0 game. But in this case, I may just need to watch it.

That would be just fun. I didn't get a chance to see the OSU v Wisconsin game, and normally would never go looking for the replay of a 59-0 game. But in this case, I may just need to watch it.

I'll give you the Cliff's Notes version: it was effing enjoyable.

Sparlimb. They keep running it on the BTN.

I watched the second half and it was pretty amazing. It was like all the Wisconsin players were wearing ankle weights, especially on offense.

I don't worship the star-ranking system for recruits, but I did some quick research and the starters for Ohio State's defense averaged 4.2 stars on Rivals. That doesn't make them automatically good, but I think it is a pretty reliable measure of raw athletic ability and they were simply all over the Badgers. The Ohio State defensive line was alternating between running around and tossing about the Wisconsin offensive linemen.

I think Meyer is a very good coach, but from that game, it made me think that Ohio State mailed in a couple of games during the season. They were totally dominant. The difference between them and the Gophers is speed in the secondary. We're far better (and faster) than we've been in years, but the Ohio State guys were playing at light speed. They could play man defense and keep Erickson and the Wisconsin TEs totally bottled up, which was a problem for us. You can see why Kill and Claeys stress speed the way they do.

I watched the second half and it was pretty amazing. It was like all the Wisconsin players were wearing ankle weights, especially on offense.

I don't worship the star-ranking system for recruits, but I did some quick research and the starters for Ohio State's defense averaged 4.2 stars on Rivals. That doesn't make them automatically good, but I think it is a pretty reliable measure of raw athletic ability and they were simply all over the Badgers. The Ohio State defensive line was alternating between running around and tossing about the Wisconsin offensive linemen.

I think Meyer is a very good coach, but from that game, it made me think that Ohio State mailed in a couple of games during the season. They were totally dominant. The difference between them and the Gophers is speed in the secondary. We're far better (and faster) than we've been in years, but the Ohio State guys were playing at light speed. They could play man defense and keep Erickson and the Wisconsin TEs totally bottled up, which was a problem for us. You can see why Kill and Claeys stress speed the way they do.

Speed in the Secondary? give me a break. TCU has the fastest wr's in college football, there fastest wr(Kolby Listenbee 10.18 100 m) was held to 2 catches for 25 yards against Minnesota. Ohio st fastest WR Devin Smith was held to 0 catches vs the gophers. The difference between OSU and Minnesotas defense is the Front 7. OSU can stop the run with there front 7 allowing there secondary to be able to mix up coverages. They dont need to put 8-9 guys in the box to stop the run like Minnesota does.

Speed in the Secondary? give me a break. TCU has the fastest wr's in college football, there fastest wr(Kolby Listenbee 10.18 100 m) was held to 2 catches for 25 yards against Minnesota. Ohio st fastest WR Devin Smith was held to 0 catches vs the gophers. The difference between OSU and Minnesotas defense is the Front 7. OSU can stop the run with there front 7 allowing there secondary to be able to mix up coverages. They dont need to put 8-9 guys in the box to stop the run like Minnesota does.

+1 This ^^^. In addition, Stave had all day to throw - we couldn't get a pass rush going.

That is a wild conspiracy theory by the Wisconsin fans. Do they really think they could convince an entire roster of football players to throw a game, and that not one of them would be too much of a competitor to say "no" and go to the press?

We had 15 over here for a dinner party. Not a Badger fan in sight. WI/tOSU was on the TV in both rooms. Maybe the best party ever. :cool:

Speed in the secondary wasn't the problem IMO. Agree with diefirma, Having to cover receivers forever because of the lack of a pass rush, that was the problem.

There is a long thread on Buckyville that Stave will transfer. Stave is not great but losing a senior qb with his experience will be a loss.

There is a long thread on Buckyville that Stave will transfer. Stave is not great but losing a senior qb with his experience will be a loss.

Is Mcevoy (sp?) the next in line to start? If so, I like our chances against a Wisconsin team with a qb that can neither run nor throw as well as ours.

Top Bottom