Would you defer or receive?

Flatfoot

Senior Moment
Reaction score
What should we do?

AND

What would you do if you are UNLV?

I think we want our offense on the field first and I am guessing, so do they.

Sorry, I can’t concentrate on work today. I'm all ready at kickoff:rolleyes:

It all depends on how good looking she is.:clap:

First game of the year against an opponent we are heavily favored against? I'd defer. There could be a few hiccups early on, so if the first half doesn't go as we want, I'd like the coaching staff to be able to say, "welcome back to college football gentlemen, now that we got that out of our system, let's go score on our first drive."

Conversely, if I'm UNLV, I think I'm a big enough underdog that I don't expect to be able to rattle Minnesota by simply scoring first, so I defer, and that way if they are able to go into the half with the lead, they like their chances with a lead and possession, and then they hope we start to panic.

If I'm the coach and I win the toss, I defer every time regardless of my team's or my opponents strengths/weaknesses or the time of day, etc. The only time I'd consider not deferring is if the weather is a very significant factor which makes it advantageous to be able to choose which goal to defend in the second half so that I can be moving in the advantaged direction in the 4th quarter.

Absolutely defe the kickoff if we win the toss, this year I would unless the weather

Dicatates otherwise. So far in my opinion I think were better on the defesive side of the ball so I want
the defense starting out most games. For this game, I definitely believe the Gopher Defense is better than UNLV's
offense so in my estimation it would be better to defer the kickoff unless it is really windy out.

I would defer and kick the ball out of the end zone and then i woudl blitz the first play from scrimmage. get them back on their heels and then keep the heat on all game.

Defer. You want to give your defense a long field to defend to buy a little time to adjust to what their offense is going to look like and take advantage of a pumped up crowd.
A three and out to start fizzles the crowd and gives them a shorter field.

Recieve. Run the ball down their throats and show em they got no chance. I'd rather settle inland have jitters on o and be able to punt then be jittery on d and miss assignments and get scored on. Then pressure just goes up 100 fold on the o to respond due to the heavy favorite we are And the home crowd

I would defer. Let our defense get a stop on the first drive of the game.

Definitely receive!

Score on first drive! On a hot muggy day like this one, make their defense play for the entire 60 minutes

As my high school coach would say, "We'll take the ball and score!"

Top Bottom