Would MO stay another year?

rivergopher

Reaction score
I know a few hurdles to accomplish this but lets say MO went in the 4th round. (I think it may be later) the average salary is 825,000. Can we raise 825,000 and would he stay. Probably not worth it as it would but another 230-250 carriers on his body, and 25 year old Rookie Running backs are not idea. Just saying I have 100 for it. Just need another 8,249 to come with me.

Yeah we dont know if he filed the additional year but

2017-Redshirt
2018-FR
2019-SO
2020-Covid SO
2021-JR
2022-Medical Redshirt JR
2023-SR

Again the NCAA would have to sign off on it. But he only played 3 quarters against Ohio State. Again this my selfishness not what I think mo should do.

Last edited:

If he can come back. He should if we wants to. I don’t think he is an nfl back

Mo is older than Jonathan Taylor, Travis Etienne, Javonte Williams, DAndre Swift, Elijah Mitchell, Cam Akers, and Clyde Edwards-Helaire. He is only like 6 months younger than Saquan Barkley - Barkley is in his 5th NFL season.

I would love for Mo to come back but RB is a young man's position. He is already behind the 8 ball a bit on his career.

If Mo has over 100 yards in the remaining games + bowl, he should go get paid.

That said, if he did ask for a medical red shirt (which we don't know) he should have one year left. The gopher roster says this is his last year of eligibility, so I wonder if he didn't file for one because he knew if he was healthy the entire year this year that he would leave.

Mo needs to go get paid in the NFL.
Why risk another college season and career-ending injury? He is done after this year. It’s NFL next year. Time to let the next generation of RBs arise. We got a couple of high potential RBs in this year’s recruiting class plus Evans from last year’s. Let them play and develop.

Mo is older than Jonathan Taylor, Travis Etienne, Javonte Williams, DAndre Swift, Elijah Mitchell, Cam Akers, and Clyde Edwards-Helaire. He is only like 6 months younger than Saquan Barkley - Barkley is in his 5th NFL season.

I would love for Mo to come back but RB is a young man's position. He is already behind the 8 ball a bit on his career.
If you think he is an nfl guy he should’ve already left
If you think he is a CFL guy may as well run it back

Yeah we dont know if he filed the additional year but

2017-Redshirt
2018-FR
2019-SO
2020-Covid SO
2021-JR
2022-Medical Redshirt JR
2023-SR

Again the NCAA would have to sign off on it. But he only played 3 quarters against Ohio State. Again this my selfishness not what I think mo should do.
Playing college football for eight years would be stranger than Bluto Blutarsky’s “seven years of college wasted” in Animal House. Shouldn’t really be a 26 year old running back in college.

Last edited:

I know a few hurdles to accomplish this but lets say MO went in the 4th round. (I think it may be later) the average salary is 825,000. Can we raise 825,000 and would he stay. Probably not worth it as it would but another 230-250 carriers on his body, and 25 year old Rookie Running backs are not idea. Just saying I have 100 for it. Just need another 8,249 to come with me.
Guessing his first contract will be in the $4 million range. He gone.

Huh? I think you think this sounds more profound than it actually is. RB is a young man's game in the CFL too. I actually think he probably should have left after last year (even with being injured). It really depends upon how well we could move in May/June to even get a look. It would have been really hard for him to make a roster if he couldn't attend rookie camp. So the timing of his injury makes it kind of tough.

As far as if I think he's an NFL guy, I think it's close. He runs hard, he blocks, and he is just really good. I think he'll have a shot to make it in the NFL but it's not guaranteed. I think he's better (and younger) than a number of #3 backs.

Huh? I think you think this sounds more profound than it actually is. RB is a young man's game in the CFL too. I actually think he probably should have left after last year (even with being injured). It really depends upon how well we could move in May/June to even get a look. It would have been really hard for him to make a roster if he couldn't attend rookie camp. So the timing of his injury makes it kind of tough.

As far as if I think he's an NFL guy, I think it's close. He runs hard, he blocks, and he is just really good. I think he'll have a shot to make it in the NFL but it's not guaranteed. I think he's better (and younger) than a number of #3 backs.
Nothing you said disagrees with anything I said. So I’m not sure why you are so confrontational

The difference between being a CFL guy and an NFL guy is hundreds of thousands of dollars. So if you’re an NFL guy you go immediately because $>experience
If you’re a 7 year CFL guy at 80k per year, you maybe stay one more year at Mn if given the chance because you can make 80k per year in a lot of non football jobs.

Mo's earned the right to applause for any decision he makes about 2023.

I think he makes a roster & plays. Similar to Dameon Pierce, who we had at Florida - doing well @ Houston now.

Based on seeing a lot of Rodney Smith and David Cobb, I think Mo is easily an NFL guy for a few years. I also think he stands a good chance of getting drafted next year, whereas that was extremely unlikely after an Achilles injury.

Based on seeing a lot of Rodney Smith and David Cobb, I think Mo is easily an NFL guy for a few years. I also think he stands a good chance of getting drafted next year, whereas that was extremely unlikely after an Achilles injury.
Mo is way slower than both of those guys in terms of top end speed

We know what he can do between the whistles. Beast mode. Just a phenomenal college RB.

For the next level though, what is his 40? How will his measurables stack up for NFL teams?

Mo is way slower than both of those guys in terms of top end speed
You're right about Smith and you might be right about Cobb, but I'm not sure. I think the vision and burst still put him cleanly ahead of either of those guys.

Top Bottom