Worst First Half in Gopher History?

We lost 96-50 to Indiana around 1994. One of those halves had to be like this one.

After the incredible win against Ill., it looks like the Gophers get a lesson in humility!

It would be impossible for it to be any worse. As bad, maybe, but not worse.

Absolutely!!!!

If your definition of "Gopher history" goes back 4-6 years like it does for some of you.

However, if you're old enough to remember that there was Gopher basketball before Dan Monson, it probably isn't the worst half in history.

Ogee!

How dare you interject perspective into this disaster!

I'm sorry, will this count as two losses? three? more? A loss is a loss. MSU is a Final Four team. This is just a loss. This is far from our worst loss ever.

Shooting

The Gophers both men and women have struggled mightly with their offense and in particular their shooting. I have been watching the Gophers since 1964 when they had super Lou Hudson and Archie Clark. Both of those individuals were great shooters. Since that time the
gophers have had a myriad of great shooters and great shooting teams. This team, however, is the worst Gopher shooting team and the poorest prepared offense team that I have ever witnessed. To watch this team struggle offensively like they do is exasperating. Maybe they will get better next year with the addition of White, Williams, Cobbs, and Mbakwe. I don't see that happening, however, None of these players maybe with the exception of Cobbs is a good shooter. And Cobbs does not have a pure stroke. Like this year they will have to win with athleticism.

This team, however, is the worst Gopher shooting team and the poorest prepared offense team that I have ever witnessed.

And I guess the game vs. Penn State was just a massive blip, right?
62.5% (30-48) and 100% (9-9) from 3-pt

2000 Monson @ MSU L 79-43...2007 Molinari @ B10 Tourney L 49-40 vs MI...Just a few examples...We'll live thru this...OSU will be tough, however. They are playing well.

Top Bottom