Women's Final Four Memories

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
The STrib has been running various articles highlighting previous Final Four moments.

These two have to be near the top

Whalen "I always wanted to see how I stacked up against UConn or Tennessee and/or Stanford. Those were the teams that won multiple championships at that time, and they kind of set the bar for the women's game," Whalen said. " … I just wanted a chance to prove that I could play in those programs, in those moments and against those teams. And thankfully we had a group of young women who just took our moment."

Where is this fire fire and competitive desire from our current coach? She looks so lethargic and mentally checked out on the sideline this season. I give the pandemic, and all of it's challenges and that it is hard to build a winning culture without that kind of talent. We were so used to seeing this with the Gophers and the Lynx from Whalen. She was such a talent as a player, competitive arrogance, and will to win, ability to make others around her just better. I hope we start seeing that coach on the sidelines starting next season. Joy for the game and being around the players and everyone. If the Gophers are ever going to turn this thing around we need this kind of vision from our head coach in the statement's above. "And thankfully we had a group of young women who just took our moment." Powerful statement, hopefully coach can find a group of player like that! i'm still holding out hope.

Top Bottom