WNIT Game 2: Gophers Visit South Dakota State (3-20-22)

Wish we did not have to play a team with four players from Minnesota, but happy to advance. Post season is fun.

Here's some highlights of SDSU's win over Ohio in "Timmer Sets New Highs in Jackrabbit Win". By comparison, we beat Ohio 99-93 by hitting 18 three pointers. Scalia scored 37 and Powell contributed 18 points, 11 rebounds and 9 assists.

Beware - Jacks fans in Frost can be nasty. There are a lot of great people there, but there are some very nasty fans that give a bad name to their fanbase. They yell insults at the girls that have nothing to do with basketball. In addition, most of their players are classy, hard workers, but Paiton Burckhard is a dirty player with a foul mouth. She hip checks players to the floor.

3 quick fouls for Kadi against a team she should do very well against.

Wish we could see the game, it sounds like a little bit of home cooking on the reffing side

II figured what the Hell and dropped the six bucks to watch the game. We're playing decent ball. Big trouble is missing layups.

Well that's that then. Hubbard misses an easy looking the lane and we give up a five-point trip. Our lack of inside play is especially evident today.

So the University of Minnesota women’s basketball program can’t compete with South Dakota St University? Wonder if the athletic director cares? I surmise he’ll care more 2 years from now.

South Dakota has 1/6 the population of Minnesota and not one, but two D1 teams that are vastly superior to Minnesota every year.

So the University of Minnesota women’s basketball program can’t compete with South Dakota St University? Wonder if the athletic director cares? I surmise he’ll care more 2 years from now.

Last edited:

Wasn’t expecting a win but wasn’t expecting a blow out either. I hope this team finds a defense soon.

Teams that space the floor give us fits defensively. We gotta get longer and quicker at every position.

Top Bottom