With the Summer School Sessions

husker70

Reaction score
Do we have a list of recruits who will be enrolling for class? It also is pretty close to the time for those 7 on 7 drills to start, informally of course. It would be more than newsworthy to see or hear how those drills are going. Is Gray applying himself? Is Weber hitting on all cyclinders? How about defenders like Carter? Can Kyle participate? Who is lining up a the mike backer? Anyone making huge improvement since the spring game? That and the weight room. I know its been beautiful outside, but the iron is inside. Who is the leader in the weight room? Maybe an overall rating or index. Bench, squat, power lift. Throw in vertical jump, and 10 yard time, and you begin to have an explosion index. I have said this before, and I will say it again. The work from February to August shows late in games, it often is the difference in making or failing to make a critical first down.

While this is going on, Kent is AWOL.

Our Young Players Are Hard Workers

You will likely hear about sitings this summerof our players and let me say that it appears that the team is accumulating guys that take off season workouts very seriously: Carter is cut up, Watkins looks the part of a ALL Something player and Brooks Michels looks like Paul Bunyan. Others look very strong as well. this program is definitely on the right track.

...this program is definitely on the right track.

I would love to agree with you, but since the departure of Sam Maresh, it has felt like this team is on the cusp of oblivion. I know that is merely an outsiders perception of what's going on, but it seems like this spring we've lost guys who were being counted on to contribute on defense; namely Royston, Theret, Maresh, Tinsley, Henderson and Tillman. Will Royston be remotely the same? For that matter will Theret or Tinsley be after sitting out on suspension? As it stands we're going to have an all new starting defense with little game experience or depth. Couple that with an unproven offense and it doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence. I'm not giving up, but I've lowered my expectations for this fall.

You will likely hear about sitings this summerof our players and let me say that it appears that the team is accumulating guys that take off season workouts very seriously: Carter is cut up, Watkins looks the part of a ALL Something player and Brooks Michels looks like Paul Bunyan. Others look very strong as well. this program is definitely on the right track.
One of the odder posts I have seen here. What is a "ALL Something player?" What does all of this have to do with the original post? Cut up?? Bodybuilders make great FB players? Others look very strong as well? This is like reading through the Twilight Zone.

Star, a great post from someone obviously with some inside knowledge. This is what people that know something about building a FB team are keeping up on. Like it or not Brewster is building a deeper roster than we have had for along time. They might not be 5 star guys, but there are alot of pretty good football players. I'm pretty sure the all something comment is relating to the good athletes we have. Being in summer school even it taking a few credits, keeps them around and working out and togather, THATS BIG!

One of the odder posts I have seen here. What is a "ALL Something player?" What does all of this have to do with the original post? Cut up?? Bodybuilders make great FB players? Others look very strong as well? This is like reading through the Twilight Zone.

You must not be that intelligent because the post was not that hard to understand.

Compared to what our kids used to look like, having some guys who are cut is a good thing. It means they've been working hard in the weight room. When you look at helmet school's players, a lot of them are ripped beasts. Isn't that what we want?

Compared to what our kids used to look like, having some guys who are cut is a good thing. It means they've been working hard in the weight room. When you look at helmet school's players, a lot of them are ripped beasts. Isn't that what we want?

It appears that the reality check is the only one that bounced. Why he couldn't understand is obvious. Bottom line is that well conditioned, strong and chiselled players are more durable and frankly, intimidating. Now, based on what I saw this Spring, Carter and Watkins will be getting it done on the field on a very high level for sure, but you are right Kratos3. It does not hurt at all that our players look the part at the outset. I guess I can say that Coach Hill is handling his business.

It's not so odd at all. I've never heard the team "All something player", but it's not at all difficult to understand. The word "something" is clearly being used as a variable, so the phrase would seem to indicate "All Big Ten" or "All American".

No one was saying that bodybuilders make great football players. But football players lift weights: being stronger is advantageous to a football player.

Top Bottom