Wisky loses LB Borland for the year

Tough loss but the Badgers shouldn't miss a beat with Minnesota native Blake Sorensen stepping in.

I'm very "curious" on how young Mr. Borlands career will play out. ;)

I know shoulders can be a very tricky injury... from personal experience. I tore mine up when I was a junior in high school. At first, it was looking like it wouldn't be a problem with anything (only missed four weeks of my junior year of football, and had a great basketball and baseball season to follow). But, by the next fall I re-injured it and that set off a series of setbacks where things got tricky. I got through basketball season without much problem my senior year but was crushed to lose baseball. I could no longer throw a baseball. By my freshman year in college, I had to have surgery and that took place half way through basketball season. I tried to come back for basketball my sophomore year but it was never the same after the surgery. I would add that linebacker is probably the worst position to be afflicted with shoulder problems. On offense, you don't have to extend your arms and take hits on your shoulder.

I feel bad for this kid and I hope he gets medical solutions that will allow him to play again.

I really feel bad for the Badger family and its fans. I hope Wisconsin wins the rest of its games.

Top Bottom