Wisconsin Game Time, 2:30 or 3:00pm

They spoiled our Big Ten West chances two years ago, let’s ruin theirs.

Beating them would do it.....unless Purdue manages to lose to the terrible Hoosier team we played today.

I'll take FOX, FS1, over ESPN/ ABC every time, and Tim Brando(w/ Spencer Tillman) is a pro who does a Brent Musburger like job each game!

My guess is that Purdue spanks Indiana by 30 or so.

8-4 looks pretty rotten if viewed from Boulder Colorado that September night, but right now 8-4 looks pretty great, and a trip to Indianapolis as grim as that might be. I really thought 11-1 or 10-2 was possible this year, but things are what they are now. A split of Iowa, Wisconsin was sort of a given, but BG, Illinois,not so much.... water under the bridge... I'll take the Iowa/Wis split now.

Last edited:

Take The Axe and most is forgiven...

Would love to see it.

Saw some changes today that may or may not have been real risks for the last 3 quarters of the game.

Whether these same changes show up next Saturday is an unknown...but hope they do.

Of course they could be the nail in the proverbial coffin...but there's going to be second guessing one way or the other if we don't win. Might as well open the playbook if there's any part not used yet this season. Last chance.

BTW, need the D and Special Forces to be on too. Just like I-O-W-A, this Wisconsin team is beatable. Just have to do it.

It will be interesting to see how much red is in the seats. Not the case for PSU in 2019, or really even Wisconsin in 2019 either. Need the 12th Man in spades for this one. Hopefully the kids stayed home or come back for the game...always a hard one on that front.

No. Iowa controls their destiny the day before. Game could be meaningless as far as Big Ten West Championship is concerned.

That's not correct. Wisconsin is the team that controls their own destiny in the west. Badgers win and they are the west rep because of their head to head over Iowa. So if Iowa loses....the winner of our game will be the rep. If Iowa wins....we could potentially give Iowa the west by beating Wisconsin.

Special Forces!!!!! Brew!!!! ha ha ha

The red and the iowa fans have not been out in force much since the Metrodome, even though seats have been readily available. I do no not think there have been more than 6 to 9K of Iowa or Wisconsin fans here since 2009. Back in the dark years of the Metrodome they really did have half the crowd, and those games did sell out...

This shift is very strange, as the seats have been available at times, so either those people really liked the Metrodome, or there is a perception that seats at TCF/ HBS are hard to get.

The Metrodome was really the darkest era of Minnesota sports fandom on all levels. What a curse it was.

The Bo Pellini and early Mike Riley Nebraska fans brought the biggest fan groups to TCF, maybe slightly over 10K.

Last edited:

Iowa playing Friday clarifies a very murky situation, at least a little.
Actually it will clear it up a lot. If Iowa loses we are playing for the axe and the West, because Purdue will crush Indiana. Iowa wins, the West is off the table but we still have the axe and the chance to keep the Badgers from another division title.

That's not correct. Wisconsin is the team that controls their own destiny in the west. Badgers win and they are the west rep because of their head to head over Iowa. So if Iowa loses....the winner of our game will be the rep. If Iowa wins....we could potentially give Iowa the west by beating Wisconsin.
No. Purdue game matters. If Iowa loses and WI loses and Purdue loses, WI goes to Indy.

Same thing but Purdue wins? Gophers go to Indy.

Game will decide the Big Ten West.
spongebob-begging-please-meme.jpg

No. Purdue game matters. If Iowa loses and WI loses and Purdue loses, WI goes to Indy.

Same thing but Purdue wins? Gophers go to Indy.

I know that the Purdue game matters. I don't think there's anyway that they lose to Indiana.

My point is that the Gophers/Badgers would only NOT determine the west winner if Purdue AND Iowa lost. If those happen.....Wisconsin will automatically be the west division winner regardless of the outcome of the axe game.

Top Bottom