Wisconsin And Steroids

My mistake, I guess some really don't come to that realization...

What's the name of your brother's surgeon? How about the names of the UW staff that spilled the beans?

I'll get to the bottom of this! Barry can't control me outside of Wisconsin!

Well if the NCAA doesn't allow steroids or cares, there must be a list from here to China of suspended players this year. Can you give me some names?

If this is still confusing, let me know, and I can dumb it down even more.
Your posts are dumbed down a lot already, but I'm just not sure you realize it.

What's the name of your brother's surgeon? How about the names of the UW staff that spilled the beans?

Gold team won’t give that info up for fear that the witnesses will die under mysterious circumstances #barrybodycount

Dude if you say his name twice more he will APPEAR OUT OF THIN AIR AND DEPLOY HIS "OMG THE MEDIA" DEVICE!

and now, with the final word, Ming the Merciless:

Are your men on the right pills?
Maybe you should execute their trainer.

Badger juice will certainly turn them into the Goliaths they all turn out to be. You may be on to something here.
I watched a 180 pound defensive back, a supreme high school athlete, turn into a 210 pound college safety/linebacker in one year. It might be possible, but not likely without some help from the juice.

I watched a 180 pound defensive back, a supreme high school athlete, turn into a 210 pound college safety/linebacker in one year. It might be possible, but not likely without some help from the juice.
You at kidding, right? 30 pounds in one year in the weight room with the right diet is pretty easy for a 19 year old male.

Looking at the badgers recruiting from the last couple of years they are recruiting kids that are coming into college 6'7 or 6'8" 300lbs. It's not like they're recruiting undersized kids pumping them with roids and they double in size.

Looking at the badgers recruiting from the last couple of years they are recruiting kids that are coming into college 6'7 or 6'8" 300lbs. It's not like they're recruiting undersized kids pumping them with roids and they double in size.

The last couple of years? You mean the last 20 years, right?

Aren't we also getting the big guys like that the past few years? How do we get ours to block like that? Anyone know?

You at kidding, right? 30 pounds in one year in the weight room with the right diet is pretty easy for a 19 year old male.

Probably not the “norm“ on an established athlete particularly a smaller guy. Sure, not totally impossible on a smaller frame like that, there are genetic freaks out there but...I think we’ve become accustomed to crazy weight gain stories.

Seems like the ROT is an athlete gaining more than about 15% “good weight” over their recruit weight in college is outside the norm particularly in one year but I’m sure everyone knows a guy that knows a guy.

My ’SC fan friend regales me with stories about former LBs Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews physical transformations in high school prior to USC. Clay, for example, supposedly went from 125 his freshman year to 165 as a junior to 210 in his senior year before walking on at USC and the rest is history and IIRC Cushing had a similar trajectory. Cushing had hilariously bad roid acne at USC and was later suspended by the NFL twice for PEDS. Matthews TMK has somehow avoided the same fate. JJ Watt...color me skeptical on some of these guys...but I’ve developed a healthy (some might say unhealthy) cynicism.

I’ve see several mentions recently of Wisconsin connected to steroids. Anyone care to explain what they are talking about? Is there anything to this or is it just baseless excuse making for why we lost?

Uh, clearly a baseless excuse.
What are the signs of steroid use? Beating the Gophers?
I think not.
The signs are players who are bigger , stronger and faster than could be expected.

I follow the NFL combine and workouts , believe me, Badger players , if anything, usually disappoint at the combine and workouts, yes, they are often good sized at OL but no, they are not particularly strong or fast.

Additionally, steroid programs quite often have out of control players on and off the field, Roid rage is well documented with fighting on and off the field , not to mention the other stuff those programs usually dealt with.

The only player I can think of who even has a body that looks a bit like those of the Steroid era and the success that goes along with It is Jonathon Taylor but he arrived in Madison already jacked and a winner of the NJ sprint championships by a huge margin and anyone who knows JT and his fine family knows the chances of his being a steroid user are below zero, no chance.

Gophers have made big strides in a short period of time and the future is looking up, however, you have not yet quite caught the Badgers who have had a long run of winning and a very solid program.

Who else could have most of the staff including the OC Paul Chryst leave one year, the HC Bielema and the rest of his staff leave the next year, bring in a new staff in Gary Andersen and company, only to have him quit third season after winning the west and bring back Chryst and another new staff and never miss a beat.
Badgers probably had five different OCs and four - five different DCs during that crazy period and it didn’t seem to matter, pretty much just kept winning.

No, it’s not about STEROIDS in Madison, it’s about recruiting good kids mostly from two parent families who are good students and team first guys.
Gophers are on the upswing, enjoy it and stop with the crazy conspiracy theories.

Unless it's someone who had never lifted before and just started, gaining 30 lbs of muscle in a year is not normal.

You have no idea what you are talking about. A lineman might be able to gain 30 lbs, not a defensive back.
Or maybe the badgers just have that great of strength and conditioning coaches....
You still have to drink the "Badger Juice".

The last couple of years? You mean the last 20 years, right?

Aren't we also getting the big guys like that the past few years? How do we get ours to block like that? Anyone know?

Coach them?

Unless it's someone who had never lifted before and just started, gaining 30 lbs of muscle in a year is not normal.
I don't know the dude behind this message board story but these guys are recruited because they are NOT normal....and anyone paying attention knows college weight and height measurements are highly suspect....so I'm not sure i'd put too much faith in the accuracy.

Last edited:

This is really good stuff Gold Team. Thanks for cracking the code. By the way, did you see what Bateman did to transform his body in the offseason? He showed pictures this summer and he looks like a Greek God. I would guess he worked his ass off and used the best nutritional science available to do that. Why would anyone think anything else?

The entire world is not one big conspiracy theory.

Oh dear. You can gain weight easier than you think. I gained twenty-two pounds by the following Spring after my freshman year. I drank a lot of beer every weekend. By the end of my sophomore year, I was forty five pounds heavier than at the beginning of my freshman year.

If you party too much, eat too many snacks, and drink that much at a young age anything is possible. It catches up to you eventually. I am paying for it right now. Steroids/PEDs are not the only thing that has unhealthy side effects although I do not espouse taking them.

Who is to say PEDs are in use or not? I don't think there is a massive conspiracy of cheating. But, I wouldn't be surprised with the pressures to succeed in football that PEDs are in use in college football. Remember Tony "The Terrible" Mandarich? He was the Green Bay Packers 1989 First Round (No. 2 overall) Draft pick that was a total bust. He did admit years later to taking steroids while at Michigan State and to faking his drug test before the 1988 Rose Bowl.

Last edited:

I think (for most) the “freshman fifteen” does not include high percentage of performance-enhancing lean muscle; rather an unholy lard tub of beer, Doritos, and pizza.

Fortunately the decent bowl games begin today and the CFP Saturday so the terminally bored who are posting on his topic will have some distraction.

Oh dear. You can gain weight easier than you think. I gained twenty-two pounds by the following Spring after my freshman year. I drank a lot of beer every weekend. By the end of my sophomore year, I was forty five pounds heavier than at the beginning of my freshman year.

If you party too much, eat too many snacks, and drink that much at a young age anything is possible. It catches up to you eventually. I am paying for it right now. Steroids/PEDs are not the only thing that has unhealthy side effects although I do not espouse taking them.

Who is to say PEDs are in use or not? I don't think there is a massive conspiracy of cheating. But, I wouldn't be surprised with the pressures to succeed in football that PEDs are in use in college football. Remember Tony "The Terrible" Mandarich? He was the Green Bay Packers 1989 First Round (No. 2 overall) Draft pick that was a total bust. He did admit years later to taking steroids while at Michigan State and to faking his drug test before the 1988 Rose Bowl.
I am exceptionally talented at gaining weight!

xVtcQfP.gif

Come on, man. You underestimate the power of Barry. He got Minnesota to hire Joel Maturi and got Nebraska to hire Mike Riley AND Shawn Eichorst.

I once saw a guy become twice as strong just by eating a can of spinach.
Dude crushed the can in his bare hand ... the spinach shot up into the air in a stream, and landed down his throat! No joke!

Top Bottom