Wills and Collado

go4fan

Reaction score
Starts the game with a false start and it seemed like every sack that we gave up the DE or whoever ran right around him. He looks way to slow to be playing at this level. He looked like he was out of his league. There has got to be someone better than him we can plug in at RT.

Ryan Collado is the worst cover corner in the history of football. Period.

There has got to be someone better than him we can plug in at RT.

If there was, don't you think he'd be playing? The staff is with these guys all the time. If they saw someone better, he'd be playing.

Ryan Collado is the worst cover corner in the history of football. Period.

Hyperbole. Delicious. Again, if there was someone the staff felt was better, don't you think he'd be playing instead?

I don't think Wills is a complete and utter failure just yet. He should have RS though...if he is still eligible for it that is. He seriously needs to lose another 30lbs because he simply doesn't have the quickness and agility to be effective in pass pro. and a whole year in the gopher strength program would greatly benefit him in run blocking. ...he does look terrible out there though.

I think Collado is a result of Mason's recruiting that we are going to have to live with until we have nothing except brews recruits on the roster. Not saying that Mason never brought in any good players...but they either could play at this level or they had no buisness at the BCS level. I don't think he would be anything more than a dime back on teams that compete in the BCS games.

I think we seriously need to start looking at our guys in that light too...and that is just being a realist. Can I see this young man playing on a proven national championship team? I mean could you see any of our OL men starting at Oklahoma....Florida.....Ohio st even? ...I can't. we probably only have three players that would be starting for a BCS championship team that are starting for us right now. and until we get those players in...it's gonna be tough goin.

GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!

I have the same issues with Wills and Collado that everyone else does, probably moreso, but am coming around to the point that there may be no one better to put in their place. I didn't really like what I saw out of Dandridge on Sat and Royston seems to be working through some of the rust. The rest of our guys are very young (e.g., Kerry Lewis) or injured (Sherels). I realize the names I've mentioned here are pretty much safeties, but I'm looking at the whole DB list for help.

My biggest concern about Collado is not that he's a Mason recruit, but that he is either staying the same or regressing as the years pass. A guy like Lee Campbell was a low-ranked Mason recruit who struggled mightiliy in past seasons with awareness and tackling from the MLB position. I've seen that guy improve dramatically, however, as he has aged and is now an excellent tackler and one of the great players and leaders on the defense.

I have the same issues with Wills and Collado that everyone else does, probably moreso, but am coming around to the point that there may be no one better to put in their place. I didn't really like what I saw out of Dandridge on Sat and Royston seems to be working through some of the rust. The rest of our guys are very young (e.g., Kerry Lewis) or injured (Sherels). I realize the names I've mentioned here are pretty much safeties, but I'm looking at the whole DB list for help.

My biggest concern about Collado is not that he's a Mason recruit, but that he is either staying the same or regressing as the years pass. A guy like Lee Campbell was a low-ranked Mason recruit who struggled mightiliy in past seasons with awareness and tackling from the MLB position. I've seen that guy improve dramatically, however, as he has aged and is now an excellent tackler and one of the great players and leaders on the defense.

I completely agree with your second paragraph and you probably stated what I think about Collado a lot better than I did. You really emphasized my point on Mason's recruits though...either you can play...Lee Campbell....or you have no buisness...Collado....although he would be playing in a dime package for a team like Texas or Cal so I pretty much contradict myself there.

I do agree with the argument...who else do you play there? which is EXACTLY why we need to let Brew have a good 6-7 years here before we can dismiss him. I don't think anyone would deny the fact that Brew is bringing in young men that we would have never thought possible with Mason.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Callado one of Brew's late additions to his first class along with Theret?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Callado one of Brew's late additions to his first class along with Theret?
If I remember correctly he committed when Mason was still at the U and then honored his commitment when Brewster took over. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

If I remember correctly he committed when Mason was still at the U and then honored his commitment when Brewster took over. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

You are correct.

Collado makes me nowhere as mad as he used to make me. Maybe because we are doing so much better as a team in general. However, I can think of several plays so far this season where I looked at my buddy and said, "Holy crap, did Collado just make that play?" or, "Wow, great coverage by Collado." It's unfortunate that the only things some players will be remembered by are the times where they got completely burned because they were consistently poor at previous times in their career. No one is going to remember the dropped int by Traye against Cal, mainly because he's been a consistently good/great DB for us.

Wills is completely uninspiring, if lineman can even be inspiring in the first place.

Top Bottom