Willis and Battle named All-Big Ten honorable mention

Willis has been amazing this year, I thought he might get a little higher honor than this...certainly not first team but, he has been very good.

Well deserved by both.

I think a case could be made for Battle being on the 3rd team, but when you finish last in a conference, not going to get the benefit of the doubt.

Ben, once your squad is eliminated this week, hit that free agency market HARD and go find some talented players to surround Battle. Let's not waste a talent like that for two more years.

I think Willis deserves to be 3rd team. Davison ended up being 2nd/3rd team. Willis' numbers are better than Davison except for FT% and turnovers. Willis shot significantly better than Davison.

I think Willis deserves to be 3rd team. Davison ended up being 2nd/3rd team. Willis' numbers are better than Davison except for FT% and turnovers. Willis shot significantly better than Davison.
davison getting it purely because of the team he's on versus willis clearly being the better player/more impactful this season

davison getting it purely because of the team he's on versus willis clearly being the better player/more impactful this season

You could also factor in career production in the league. Willis came into the league and had one good year. Davidson has been doing it for five.

You could also factor in career production in the league. Willis came into the league and had one good year. Davidson has been doing it for five.
hope the voters don't decide things that way (even though I'm sure they do). Supposed to be a season award, not for life-time achievement.

I'm very happy to see Willis and Battle get some recognition for their fine years under difficult circumstances. I agree the team's standing dimmed their lights somewhat.

I'd like to say a few words, though, about a couple of lesser players on the team.

Luke Loewe: Thank you for ending your college career here. You provided an example of how players who may not be among the most talented can at least help their teams by playing hard every game. You were also a big difference maker in a number of games this year.

Charlie: What can we say? Back-up and spot-starting centers will be grateful for how they emerge favorably in fans' comparisons to you in the years to come!

Congrsts to both.

Aim higher next year, JB!

Well deserved by both.

I think a case could be made for Battle being on the 3rd team, but when you finish last in a conference, not going to get the benefit of the doubt.

Ben, once your squad is eliminated this week, hit that free agency market HARD and go find some talented players to surround Battle. Let's not waste a talent like that for two more years.
I would’ve probably voted battle 3rd team. You add battle to wisconsin and they might be national champs.

I would’ve left Willis off. Good offensively. Not good defensively. Okay he is HM but not really an argument he is all conference IMO.

Good job guys.

Battle doing his best Billy Idol impersonation.

1646784041344.png

Top Bottom