Williams Arena atmosphere.....

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
Watching a ton of games on television, it appears that some schools are either piping in crowd noise or doing something to have more of a home court advantage…The Barn seems to be incredibly quiet and lacking in any type of atmosphere for the players. You can literally hr echos as the players are moving. Anybody else notice this? I realize piping in music and crowd noise is cheesy, but would it help for college-age kids to get fired up?

Watching a ton of games on television, it appears that some schools are either piping in crowd noise or doing something to have more of a home court advantage…The Barn seems to be incredibly quiet and lacking in any type of atmosphere for the players. You can literally hr echos as the players are moving. Anybody else notice this? I realize piping in music and crowd noise is cheesy, but would it help for college-age kids to get fired up?

How dare you question anything about that sacred facility! You will probably have a mob of torch bearing gopherholers at your doorsteps soon.

Maybe they should turn on the heating Coyles under the court, that should help. That's the whole reason it's raised in the first place.

Yes, the basketball Coyles create a soothing vibration in the floor that simulates the emotion of a full house, so the players do not know the difference. They have tried this at Wisconsin and Ohio State, but the ice surface under the court prevents the Coyles from working correctly, so Wisconsin has to rely on officials and boring basketball to win.

Some schools do a better job of playing some loud, bass heavy music at times, which bleeds through to the TV broadcast so it seems little less dead during on camera breaks. I am not a big fan of the fake fan cheers though.

Maybe they should go with the old fashioned, live action 1970's - 1980's NBA organ music, Madison Square Garden style, apparently still in use at times. I have not been to a T Wolves game in 10 years, but I think they just pipe in random music samples during play.

Top Bottom