Will this team win a game?

I was only kidding, thought we'd pull it out still. Worse loss than south Dakota?

The coach you have now is legit. You can tell he's not taking shortcuts, and has the team focused on mastering fundamentals first. They're playing a more physical brand of football than they did under Brewster.

I think the gophers should be happy if they win 2 games this year.....terrible game

they were picked to win 2-3 games for a reason and the reason is not coaching

I think they will win 3 or 4 games. Should have won today. Too many mistakes at crucial times. Adjustments weren't made quickly enough by the coaching staff.

The coach you have now is legit. You can tell he's not taking shortcuts, and has the team focused on mastering fundamentals first. They're playing a more physical brand of football than they did under Brewster.

I agree on the reasons and what he can feasibly do here but I saw tons of fundamental mistakes today: horrible secondary positioning, terrible ball security, and some mental errors in stupid penalties. All things I would have thought we wouldn't do in a game like this.

I also find it very hard to believe that a B1G team, even a bad one, doesn't have enough talent to just out muscle, out play, and out last a team like NMSU. Our 3 non-conf games at home this year should have been Ws with 1-2 in conference, maybe a shocker against a rival.

I honestly feel like year after year I'm watching the same players in different uniforms on the defense. It's crazy.

Maybe MNSU is better than everyone says.
This was like a bowl game for them & they came to play & left it all on the field.
That's why they play the games.

I thought he'd "coach" them up to 6-7 wins. Pretty clear that won't be happening though-looks like another 3 or 4 year coach.

That was AWFUL. Every bit as bad a performance on every level (coaching, playing) as any loss in the last 15 years. This is the Toledo game, the South Dakota State game, etc, etc all over again.

I thought he'd "coach" them up to 6-7 wins. Pretty clear that won't be happening though-looks like another 3 or 4 year coach.

seriously? unbelievable? this is the same type of overreaction there was to the good 2nd half against USC.

only 2 games in just stop

No dude, that game was terrible. Twice we had first and goal and walked away with zero points. Jeez, just QB dive up the middle four times in a row.

I'd also like to see one sack. Just one. Even if we have to rush all 11 players, I just want one sack.

now is the time to back this team and not bitch and moan about losing to what we think is an inferior team. maybe we are the inferior team. some folks got sucked into what happened last week (maybe USC is not that good). get a life if you cant handle some unexpected losses (or what folks think are unexpected losses)

Debate is over, the Gophers will be lucky to win a game... Now don't expect so much out of them, and you guys won't be disappointed. I don't like how today turned out, but I still have a gut feeling that we are headed in the right direction.

Are you freaking people serious? Did anyone watch the end of the game. How you can go on an F'ing website and bitch when someone is shown on TV having a seizure right there on the sideline ... comical at the very least and pathetic is more like it. I understand that this was a bad loss and I swore more than a few times today and even bitched about Coach Kill a few times. But how about some respect for just a few hours.

They will win two or three games.Don't ask me who but it's a good bet.Really disappointed in the o line and d line.That's an area we should have an advantage against the NMS of the world.

Are you freaking people serious? Did anyone watch the end of the game. How you can go on an F'ing website and bitch when someone is shown on TV having a seizure right there on the sideline ... comical at the very least and pathetic is more like it. I understand that this was a bad loss and I swore more than a few times today and even bitched about Coach Kill a few times. But how about some respect for just a few hours.

so there should be no comments about the game for a few hours? I don't get the people that are freaking out over fans talking about the result of the game. Yes, everyone hopes coach Kill is fine and gets back to great health. People will talk about the game, relax.

South Dakota did just knock off the top-ranked FCS team and New Mexico state is the lowest rated FCS team on the Sagarin ratings.

If you put any stock in the Sagarin ratings, South Dakota is rated higher than New Mexico State (who is the lowest-rated FBS team.)

There's been alot of dumb threads, but this one might just take the cake.

Gophers will win 3 games this year. Miami OH, Purdue, and Illinois.

Um, the Illini just trounced the Jackrabbits 56-3. We barely squeaked by them in 2009

Let the program develop. Coach Kill said it was going to be tough. I believe in what he said, and I believe in him.

Rebuilding from what point?

How can anybody possibly know if we will win a game or not. We won't win a game unless the players dig really deep and find the resolve to turn it around.

Denny Green: "winners win, and losers lose". That is pretty truthful.

images

Where are last weeks "the gophs never gave up' posters from last week? Same result as last week- spot the other team points and then see if we can put together a drive or 2. Mr Kill, please feel free to begin using your Big Ten season playbook.

Top Bottom