Will Minnesota be 6-0

gophersfan

Reaction score
Just a thought, If and that a big If we best Iowa and Northwestern the next 3 weeks, we would be 6-0 going into Madison. Will we best Iowa and Northwestern, lose both or be 1-1.

Stop. We got a good win but we got a lot we need to improve on. Let's focus on the Pig next week.

1-1 in the next two would be ok, with wins either way ok IMO...

Man, how sweet would it be to be bowl eligible as soon as scientifically possible...I see 1-1 for us in the next two though. Wouldnt be surprised if we went 2-0 though, or even 0-2. Really happy to be 4-0 right now though.

It's a little bit of a different animal when we're talking the pro style B1G offenses that revolve around running the football. Knowing that's a little bit of a weak point for us, it'll be interesting to see how the defense responds to that kind of attack, starting next week. But obviously Iowa has shown to be quite beatable. Even if we get past them, it seems people like to mark Northwestern as a W for some reason. They've looked quite good this year, so I'm not sure why people seem to be overlooking them.

It's a little bit of a different animal when we're talking the pro style B1G offenses that revolve around running the football. Knowing that's a little bit of a weak point for us, it'll be interesting to see how the defense responds to that kind of attack.

We are conceding the run a lot.

How many times this year have we have three linebackers on the field?

We are conceding the run a lot.

How many times this year have we have three linebackers on the field?

I agree, since we've played all these pass happy teams. I'm just interested in seeing how it looks against an Iowa type offense. Might only be even better lol

Not sure how the next few weeks will go but I will say this has to be one of the best opportunities in a while to go down to Kinnick and come away with a victory.

Why not 7-0? the Badgers don't look that good. Actually, the only winnable game looks like it doesn't come until week 11 at Nebraska.

Too soon, too soon! Don't jinx things. 4-0 seemed like a lot to hope for. Now I'm going to obsess over Floyd for the next week. Northwestern is a million years away.

Why not 7-0? the Badgers don't look that good. Actually, the only winnable game looks like it doesn't come until week 11 at Nebraska.

I'll be honest, the schedule doesn't look as hard as it did at the beginning of the season. The games I see being the hardest right now are Northwestern, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Michigan State, but I could also see us winning at least two of them.

The big key will be how Kill and Limegrover handle the QB situation. That could have a major impact on the offensive production.

It's hard to make predictions........ especially about the future.........yogi berra

I'll be honest, the schedule doesn't look as hard as it did at the beginning of the season. The games I see being the hardest right now are Northwestern, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Michigan State, but I could also see us winning at least two of them.

The big key will be how Kill and Limegrover handle the QB situation. That could have a major impact on the offensive production.

I expect the qb situation to handle itself.

Like previously said,

We are 0-0 in the B1G. The real test will be, can this team finish 4-4 in the Big Ten? I think they can. Now will they?

We are looking fantastic so far (at least by recent year standards). We should absolutely be favored next week against Iowa. That leaves us looking for one more win to become bowl eligible. I think we will get there, no doubt. The defense is running opponents into the ground. Really fun to watch.

I don't want to overlook any team (MN wasn't supposed to beat Iowa the past couple years) and NW looks to be a very solid squad. Let's handle the squaks this next saturday and hope we are 5-0 coming back to the bank after the bye.

We'll see. We need to take this one week at a time, starting with Iowa.

On the one hand, if our squads from the last two seasons - which lost to FCS teams in their preseasons - were able to beat them, then this year's squads should be able to manage it (since in addition to us looking better, they look worse). On the other hand, this one is in Iowa City. A conference rivalry game on the road is never a given. It should gives us a better idea as to where we stand.

I won't look too much into Northwestern until we're finished playing Iowa. (Although I will say that they have a very good coach).

Given our body of work, I think we will lose to Iowa unless we improve (especially on offense).

I do, however, think that we will beat them because I anticipate us improving over the course of this week (especially on offense).

We are looking fantastic so far (at least by recent year standards). We should absolutely be favored next week against Iowa. That leaves us looking for one more win to become bowl eligible. I think we will get there, no doubt. The defense is running opponents into the ground. Really fun to watch.

We have looked Fantastic on Defense. Offense has not really settled into a grove and we have not faced a good/great defense yet this season. Kickers have been erratic at best. The way the offense has played to date the defense is going to have to stay healthy and keep playing the way they did last night for us to beat BIG competition.

Big Key for the offense is going to be Kirkwood staying healthy. He always looks promising and gets derailed by an injury at some point. He looks the part of a legit BIG running back, haven't seen much out of the other guys to make me think they can carry the load if he goes down at some point.

Top Bottom