Will Jerry Kill take us to the rose bowl?

Let's not sell the program short - I was looking at this fall's schedule and I can't seem to come up with a loss...I'm actually now expecting a rose bowl trip this year.

I'm not sure the Rose Bowl is at the forefront of my goals list right now. I'm all for it if it happens, though.

Right now I'm just interested in growth. As long as we're taking steps (even small ones) year by year, I'm happy. We've come from 3-9 to 6-6 and a bowl loss. This year, I'm just looking for 6/7 wins and a bowl victory. Maybe we could get a rivalry win in there too.

From there, maybe 8 or 9 wins in 2014, etc.

I know we have a long culture of losing and it does take time to undo that. So I'll be patient as long as we're rolling in the right direction.

Lets start by beating Wisconsin and go from there.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incremental steps. Let's concentrate on more yards per carry, more catches per throw, more yards per catch, less yards against, less points against, more points for, more trips to the red zone, more scores from the red zone, more points scored from the red zone, more points scored from beyond the red zone, more fans in the stands, more beer sold, more pretty girls hanging from my arms, and more hot sauce from the venders.

Incremental steps. Let's concentrate on more yards per carry, more catches per throw, more yards per catch, less yards against, less points against, more points for, more trips to the red zone, more scores from the red zone, more points scored from the red zone, more points scored from beyond the red zone, more fans in the stands, more beer sold, more pretty girls hanging from my arms, and more hot sauce from the venders.

+1 I've also always been a one step at a time type of guy but you are not only that, but more, i.e a one arm at a time guy.:drink:

P.S. Upon closer reading it appears that you are really a multiple arm guy.:rolleyes:

Let's not sell the program short - I was looking at this fall's schedule and I can't seem to come up with a loss...I'm actually now expecting a rose bowl trip this year.

Lol well played lol

No, but he may someday get us a Top 3 finish in the Big Ten. Nobody's done that since Gutey.

Let's start by beating any of the following:
-Wisconsin
-Michigan State
-Nebraska
-Michigan

Let's start by beating the following in a row......

vs
UNLV

@
New Mexico St

vs
W Illinois

vs
San Jose St

vs
Iowa

So i posting this question, do you think Jerry Kill will take us to the rose bowl in the next 5 to 10 years?

No - it is more probable that Jerry Kill won't be the coach 5 years from now than him taking the Gophers to a Rose Bowl.

So i posting this question, do you think Jerry Kill will take us to the rose bowl in the next 5 to 10 years?

Not unless Ohio State, Michigan, and Nebraska are on probation at the same time...Otherwise no I don't see it

Could the Gophs jump up and reach an Outback or Cap One Bowl? Yes, that is possible

Not unless Ohio State, Michigan, and Nebraska are on probation at the same time...Otherwise no, I don't see it

Could the Gophs jump up and reach an Outback or Cap One Bowl? Yes, that is possible

I think the question comes down to expectations. At this point, it's hard to imagine a scenario where the Gophs go to a Rose Bowl. But, back in the day, if you would have told me that Northwestern would make multiple Rose Bowl appearances, I wouldn't have believed that, either.

For the Gophs to go to the Rose Bowl, it will have to be one of those "perfect storm" situations: The Gophs will need to avoid injuries, pull off some upsets, and some of the usual powers will need to have off seasons or lose star players to injury. Is it likely? Probably not. Is it Possible? Yes, it's possible.

If it does happen, I hope Sid is still around to see it. (and Wren, Dr. Don, etc......)

They bowling alley in Roseville? Why not. Pretty sure they have open bowling a couple nights a week and Jerry looks like bowling alley kind of guy.

the big ten is not the big ten you grew up with this is also the same with the rose bowl. see WI attending the past 3 yrs. it used to be THE game. no more.

Top Bottom