Will anyone bolt?

Bostick only has one year left. He is not going anywhere.

It would be fine by me if bostick, carter, payton, hofarber, and busch all went with Shamala and Williams.

IMO - They are not worth the bench space

It would be fine by me if bostick, carter, payton, hofarber, and busch all went with Shamala and Williams.

Disagree on Hoff and Carter

Carter would be the best 9th man in the Big Ten a high energy forward off the bench, Busch would be the best 12th man in the conference doing a little of everything. They should have roles that put them in position to be successful as we add more quality depth.

Hoffarber would look better in a Tommies uniform if he lost his shot for good. Hopefully he'll spend sometime on a sports shrinks couch figuring out where it went.

well neither one can score - Hoff should be at Augsburg - Carter should be at UNI or Winona St.

way to be a royal jagoff, Wally, maybe you should be a fan of those schools instead of the Gophers, eh

well neither one can score - Hoff should be at Augsburg - Carter should be at UNI or Winona St.

I ate a lot of crow with Hoff amongst my friends this year and you are probably right based on this year's results ... but imo the kid will figure it out and will help us next year and sr. year.

way to be a royal jagoff, Wally, maybe you should be a fan of those schools instead of the Gophers, eh

I am a fan of the gophers - the fact is none of these guys can shoot

both are still young...jesus we have a young team with no tourny experience give them a break...we dont have hoff and busch we wouldnt be in the tourney as they saved us against louisville, and i believe carter was basically the only reason we won a game later down the stretch with 22 (dont remember which one) i dont mind those guys coming off the bench at all, everyone loved hoff last year he does the little things right in the game, let him work his shot out this summer...why dont you guys cheer for unc or someone if you have such immediate high expectations

Since Busch and Bostick have only one year of eligibility left, I'm not sure why either would leave nor why Tubby would "invite" them to leave. Payton, OTOH, is probably gone. (I'm assuming he's unable to be grad assistant given his academic woes earlier this season.)

Hoffarber showed tremendous loyalty to this school in the Monson days -- I'd hate to see him leave as I think this is more the Sophomore slump than anything else. He's improved on defense and can be an off-the-bench asset for this team IMO.

And I'm looking forward to two more years of Paul Carter -- he's a keeper IMO.

Hoffarber showed tremendous loyalty to this school in the Monson days -- I'd hate to see him leave as I think this is more the Sophomore slump than anything else. He's improved on defense and can be an off-the-bench asset for this team IMO.

And I'm looking forward to two more years of Paul Carter -- he's a keeper IMO.

Agreed on both accounts. If Hoff can regain his stroke he should be a solid contributor off the bench. The other areas of his game, as you mentioned, took steps forward and he just needs to start burying some jumpers. I like Carter's energy and athleticism. I'd hope he's an integral part of the forward rotation next season.

Agreed on both accounts. If Hoff can regain his stroke he should be a solid contributor off the bench. The other areas of his game, as you mentioned, took steps forward and he just needs to start burying some jumpers. I like Carter's energy and athleticism. I'd hope he's an integral part of the forward rotation next season.

I hope Hoff does regain his shot.

As far as Carter - I think with Mwbake, DJ, White, Williams - he is fourth or fifth in that depth. He can rebound and block some shots, but is a liability offensively and this team needs offense.

Not sure if this has been posted but Hoff's defense improved by so much from last year. In my opinion he was put in games for his improved defense and his POTENTIAL for hitting the three.

I hope Hoff does regain his shot.

As far as Carter - I think with Mwbake, DJ, White, Williams - he is fourth or fifth in that depth. He can rebound and block some shots, but is a liability offensively and this team needs offense.

Carter can actually get to the hole and draw fouls (and make a high % of his free throws). If he can just cut down on his TOs a bit, finish a little better around the hoop, and improve his shot just a little, he can be a very nice asset offensively and an excellent player overall. He's not THAT far away.

Carter can actually get to the hole and draw fouls (and make a high % of his free throws). If he can just cut down on his TOs a bit, finish a little better around the hoop, and improve his shot just a little, he can be a very nice asset offensively and an excellent player overall. He's not THAT far away.

His jump shot is the missing link to his game, unfortunately he shot only 36%. He's got a long way to go, but still doesn't hesitate to jack it up. That said there won't be a better front court player who's 6th on the depth chart in the Big Ten. He should flourish in his new role.

Hoff better be taking 2000 practice shots a day from beyond the arc this summer.

First of all -- Walter -- Hoffarber -- (check your spelling) and Carter aren't going away. Both will contrubute next year. This team is close -- yes, close to being really good. Just give the team, Tubby, and his staff 1 more year -- Is that too much to ask?

Can our new PG, Cobbs I think his name is, shoot the 3 at all? What I'm hoping happens is that Joseph gets a better feel next year and is a more threat from deep and Bostick gets a gps while he plays because it seems like sometimes the hoops is located in a place he doesn't think it is, like the 4 foot air ball tonight. Those 2 guys will be much better next year I think and I just want Hoff to be a streaky shooter at least, which means he would put up 5 3's a game, which means he'd have to SHOOT THE BALL!!! Tonight he hit that first 3 and I don't recall any other heat checks while the game still mattered...

Tonight he hit that first 3 and I don't recall any other heat checks while the game still mattered...
Exactly, Hoff only got 2 more shots the entire game after hitting his first. Of course, he only played 12 minutes all night.

Bench shooting:
Carter: 1-5
Joseph: 1-5
Bostick: 1-4
Hoffarber: 1-3
Iverson: 1-2

about Hoffarber.....I'm afraid he's fallen into a player like Michael Bauer, only can shoot, and everybody knows he isnt going anywhere on the dribble, guys like that arent to hard to guard. So its hard for him to get many open looks.

Instead of taking a million jumpshots, I would rather see him work on his ball handling, if he adds even a small threat of a dribble drive, or being able to shoot of the dribble, he would become a much more valuable player, and in turn he would get more open looks, and could return to his smooth lefty shot.

Maybe it is wishful thinking, but I think even if he only slightly improve on this it would go a long way.

First of all -- Walter -- Hoffarber -- (check your spelling) and Carter aren't going away. Both will contrubute next year. This team is close -- yes, close to being really good. Just give the team, Tubby, and his staff 1 more year -- Is that too much to ask?

my bad - I will give the team all the time it needs - I just don't think it would be a disaster to lose anyone other than Sampson, Iverson, DJ, Westbrook, Nolen, Devoe, and any of the new recruits.

Just my opinion, no need to get all worked up ok.

Carter has a lot of ability, he just doesn't have a good shot. The nice thing is, unlike athletic ability, shooting is something that can be improved a lot. Hopefully Carter will work on it alot, and break out next season.

Carter has a lot of ability, he just doesn't have a good shot. The nice thing is, unlike athletic ability, shooting is something that can be improved a lot. Hopefully Carter will work on it alot, and break out next season.

I don't see it happening. He's quick, can board, and plays hard, kind of like a poor-man's Dennis Rodman. What's wrong with that? All I'd like to see would be for him to play within his strengths like The Worm did and to quit taking jump shots. His offense should be dunks, put-backs, and drives.

Top Bottom